It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

EU proposes ambitious new energy policy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2007 @ 01:18 PM
link   

BRUSSELS, Jan. 10 (Xinhua) -- The European Union (EU) on Wednesday proposed an ambitious energy policy for Europe, calling for a 20 percent reduction in its greenhouse gas emissions from 1990 levels by 2020.

The proposal, which is to be endorsed by the European Parliament and EU member states, centered around three pillars: creating a well-functioning and competitive internal market, shifting to a low-carbon economy, and improving energy efficiency by cutting energy consumption by 20 percent by 2020.

The policy aims to combat climate change, promote jobs and growth, and limit the EU's reliance on gas and oil imports, thereby providing secure and affordable energy to consumers, the commission said in its 24-page paper.

Launching the energy package, European Commission President Jose Manual Barroso said in future international negotiations on fighting climate change, the EU should call for a target of a 30 percent reduction in greenhouse gas emissions by developed countries by 2020 compared to 1990,

This will be essential to meeting the EU's commitment of limiting the global temperature increase to 2 degree centigrade by2020 compared to pre-industrial levels, he said.

However, if an international agreement can not be reached on this, the EU will still cling to its goal of cutting greenhouse gas emissions by 20 percent by 2020, he said.

"This is the most ambitious emissions target that a country or a group of countries has ever put forward," he said.

The commission listed a number of measures, including improving energy efficiency, raising the share of renewable energy to 20 percent of the energy mix by 2020, and new measures to ensure that the benefits of the internal energy market reach everyone.

EU countries need to show solidarity in meeting the new energy challenges, with a more long term vision for energy technology development, a renewed focus on nuclear safety and security, and determined efforts for the EU to "speak with one voice" with its international partners, Barroso said.

The new policy also seeks to ensure security of energy supply, which has caused increasing concern in the past year with Russia's disputes with Ukraine and Belarus over oil and gas prices disrupting supplies to EU countries.

Member countries should take actions to diversify their energy sources and promote new energy alternatives, it said.

Source

Nothing wrong with being ambitious, but as long as the world's biggest polluters - with the US on top - fail to understand that this threat is a global issue, we'll never be able to actually limit the consequences of global warming. No, Mr Bush and the majority of his Neocon friends find war games much more important.

Save the polar bear, save the polar bear! My god, what a poor propaganda stunt.

posted on Jan, 10 2007 @ 01:47 PM
link   
I would not call this ambitious.. A 20 percent reduction by 2020.
This while many people have been claming for years now, that they have clean energy sources.

Cars could be running on water for already 20 years
Water Car Inventor Murdered

Nicola Tesla invented free and clean energy sources 100 years ago.
The missing secrets of Nicola Tesla
Tesla, The genius who lit the world

Others claming free energy sources:
equinox - it Runs on Water
Steorn launch revolutionary free energy
elemental rod generator
Free energy, another inconvenient Truth

A company claming they have free energy technology:
steorn

Motionless Electromagnetic Generator:
Extracting energy from a permanent magnet

And this is just a tip of the iceberg!!!

I think this EU proposal is a disgrace !!!

The big energy corporations are keeping all these proven free and clean energy inventions out of media and out of production.

Just search the web and google video for free energy, and you'll know what I mean

[edit on 10-1-2007 by buddhaLight]

posted on Jan, 10 2007 @ 02:45 PM
link   
The company Steorn on Fox news...
youtube

posted on Jan, 10 2007 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by buddhaLight

[edit on 10-1-2007 by buddhaLight]

Yeah, in fact, Id call this almost pathetic. The EU could do far more to lower its emissions.

posted on Jan, 10 2007 @ 03:49 PM
link   
internal combustion engines
110v-220v A.C. current

the whole western world, Industrialized nations, G-8
are built on these two models of energy use

its very difficult to make a civilization change its dynamics
and not cause chaos, & destroy livlihoods in the process

the elite manipulators are forging our future...in increments, in steps & stages......(for good or ill)

And here, in this thread, i think i'm seeing, the proletariat criticizing the still formulating NWO, of only 'half stepping', instead of taking absolute control of the EUs GW/pollution affairs Right Now...
and 'Dictating' severe changes in the status-quo

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 12:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by XphilesPhan
Yeah, in fact, Id call this almost pathetic. The EU could do far more to lower its emissions.

Lol this coming from a country whos president refused to sign the koyoto agreement.

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 03:52 AM
link   

This while many people have been claming for years now, that they have clean energy sources.

As Udio said already, bad habits are hard to change and it requires much time to change and realize a clean energy percentage of 20% without causing too much negative (economic) side effects.

Twenty years ago the awareness of the threat we're facing today was not as great as it is today. Besides, the technology isn't fully developed as for yet, let alone twenty years ago. Cars are expected to run on hydrogen in the European Union in 2015. BMW has recently introduced a 7-serie, which runs on hydrogen.

Nicola Tesla invented free and clean energy sources 100 years ago.

Again, a hundred years ago the awareness of our influence on global warming was very little.

The big energy corporations are keeping all these proven free and clean energy inventions out of media and out of production.

Don't talk nonsense. You might live on another planet but in Europe the influence of energy corporations is rather small. In case you follow the news closely you might be aware of the struggle between the EU and Russia concerning oil and gas supplies. If we could so easily solve this by clean energy, ask yourself why this wouldn't have happened by now.

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 03:57 AM
link   

Think about this quote: “It’s the usual chicken and egg thing,” Klugescheid said. “You won’t have any filling stations if you don’t have any cars.”

And no, filling stations won't replace the regular stations in a matter of months. As every new revolutionairy development, it requires a lot of time. Rome wasn't built in a day either.

BMW announced yesterday plans to produce 100 hydrogen-powered 7 Series sedans in the U.S. for 2007. Though the hydrogen 7 Series will be a full-fledged, road-going vehicle, the automaker will loan the car only to select owners. The full-size sedan, coming sometime next year, uses a 260-hp V-12 that draws fuel from either a 19.5-gallon tank or a secondary tank with 17.6 pounds of liquid hydrogen.

[edit on 11-1-2007 by Mdv2]

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mdv2

Think about this quote: “It’s the usual chicken and egg thing,” Klugescheid said. “You won’t have any filling stations if you don’t have any cars.”

And no, filling stations won't replace the regular stations in a matter of months. As every new revolutionairy development, it requires a lot of time. Rome wasn't built in a day either.

BMW announced yesterday plans to produce 100 hydrogen-powered 7 Series sedans in the U.S. for 2007. Though the hydrogen 7 Series will be a full-fledged, road-going vehicle, the automaker will loan the car only to select owners. The full-size sedan, coming sometime next year, uses a 260-hp V-12 that draws fuel from either a 19.5-gallon tank or a secondary tank with 17.6 pounds of liquid hydrogen.

Well Mdv2,

I think you should turn of your tv and find out what really goes on in this world.
You have more trust in the major media and the big corporations like BMW then scientists with better solutions.

Have you even seen the video's and links i've presented..

To many people have to much trust in FOX, NBC and CNN..
We don't need filling stations if your car has a hydrogyn engine and hydrogyn splitter.

But NO that doesn't excist, because the MAJOR MEDIA doesn't tell you..

Open your eyes man

[edit on 11-1-2007 by buddhaLight]

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 07:53 AM
link   
double post

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Well Mdv2,

I think you should turn of your tv and find out what really goes on in this world.
You have more trust in the major media and the big corporations like BMW then scientists with better solutions.

We don't need filling stations if your car has a hydrogyn engine and hydrogyn splitter.

Open you eyes man

My friend, I don't watch television very commonly, but that doesn't matter.

Unfortunately, you contradict yourself. On one side it is the mean multinationals that want to prevent any progress that could possibly decrease their profits, and on the other side you're trying to pretend that they don't want to earn money.

Man, use common sense! What would happen if your theory would by so easy to realize as you're trying to pretend? Company A (BMW) would adopt the hydrogen system and put it in all it's cars. It would be a multi-billion business, particularly if the price wouldn't be (much) higher. Unfortunately, reality differs, and transfering from a oil addition to clean energy only is hard.

If you would really think it's so easy as try it to appear you would be rich by now. Get real.

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Thats good, your TV isn't telling the truth. It's a disinformation machine!!!

Here are some more links for you non believers:

For the dutch speaking members:
Free energy machine: Joe cell
byron new energy

English:
Educate yourself: The Joe Energy Cell

And please watch this, it takes only 16 minutes of your life:
Water car inventor murdered

Solid state generators
Joe cell on google video
elemental rod on google video
free energy on video google

Tesla free energy generator (it powers itself, it could power you car, or make electricity for your home)

Please Stop denying!!
We should come together to demand the use of these new technologies.

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Well Mdv2,

Open you eyes man

My friend, I don't watch television very commonly, but that doesn't matter.

Unfortunately, you contradict yourself. On one side it is the mean multinationals that want to prevent any progress that could possibly decrease their profits, and on the other side you're trying to pretend that they don't want to earn money.

Man, use common sense! What would happen if your theory would by so easy to realize as you're trying to pretend? Company A (BMW) would adopt the hydrogen system and put it in all it's cars. It would be a multi-billion business, particularly if the price wouldn't be (much) higher. Unfortunately, reality differs, and transfering from a oil addition to clean energy only is hard.

If you would really think it's so easy as try it to appear you would be rich by now. Get real.

What are you trying to proof?
That we should trust the big corporations and the Oil Industry?

Do you?

Please look at all of my links.. Or are you here to disinform?

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by St Udio
internal combustion engines
110v-220v A.C. current

the whole western world, Industrialized nations, G-8
are built on these two models of energy use

That's all good, because we can convert our combustion engines to hydrogyn engines.
In the eighties there was a guy who managed that. It was on the news, and a while later he was killed. You don't think this is weird? a documentary about it

110v-220v A.C. current IS PERFECT. We can put a solid state generator in our house to power everything on 110v-220v A.C. Solid state generator

This would mean the oil business to colapse..
And that's what is stopping us from evolving to a cleaner world.

The big energy business control the regulations and the media. It's one big network of liars!

for the science guys: flux gating

It will never be free, but it could be 100% clean.
PROOF ME WRONG!

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Please Stop denying!!
We should come together to demand the use of these new technologies.

I am no technology expert but a bit of googling shows already that the Joe Cell is not a solution to our problems on a short time frame. Additionally the product is in an experimental phase.

Perhaps an interesting invention for further research, but not a solution that could change the world in a decade or two. Bear in mind that if the product has high potential multinationals are on top of it to develop- and bring it on the market.

As for now I am afraid it isn't as great as you are trying it to appear.

Imagine, one of the West's biggest problems: oil - if the Joe Cell could free us from Middle Eastern oil it would be world news by now - there's no conspiracy involved of politicians trying to hide this invention.

www.thejoecell.com:

The Joe Cell is a device that appears to manipulate the natural balance between protons and electrons. By creating a charge imbalance within the cylinder, it can generate a powerful plasma that in turn creates heat and compression/implosion. Space charge engine technology has the potential to change our understanding of energy. Like any early stage technologies, it is likely to have its problems. Joe Cells are reportedly difficult to build correctly and are as unreliable as hell - prone to dying for no apparent reason. But as more and more focus is directed towards the science behind the device, these problems are likely to be overcome. Space charge engine technology may turn out to be one of the most important discoveries of the past 100 years. Important because there are so few options available to us that can prevent total environmental catastrophe. With access to abundant, cheap and clean power, the world will be transformed. Oceans could be converted to freshwater, deserts transformed into forests. We would enter a period of global prosperity like nothing that has ever been experienced before. Space charge engine technology may just be our future.

PS Will watch the movie later.

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Mdv2, I'm glad you are going to watch the video's.

You could be right about the joe cell. But it has great potential, because they have allready managed to make a car run on it. Many people all over the world have been playing with this technology.

Perhaps an interesting invention for further research, but not a solution that could change the world in a decade or two. Bear in mind that if the product has high potential multinationals are on top of it to develop- and bring it on the market.

PS Will watch the movie later.

But don't forget there are many more possibilities (even proven) as i have stated and provided links for it. the Joe cell is just one of the many.

There are new methods of low voltage (half an amp, 20,000 cycles a second) electrolysis that provide several hundreds percent more energy then it consumes.
Stan Meyer has created a on car hydrogen splitter and tried to launch it 3 times and he organised press conferences. He had always being ignored by the scientific establishments. And then he was murdered.

"...Water can be broken into Hydrogen and Oxygen using electricity. Standard chemistry books claim that this process requires more energy than can be recovered when the gases are recombined. This is true only under the worst case scenario. When water is hit with its own molecular resonant frequency, using a system developed by Stan Meyers (USA) and again recently by Xogen Power, Inc., it collapses into Hydrogen and Oxygen gas with very little electrical input. Also, using different electrolytes (additives that make the water conduct electricity better) changes the efficiency of the process dramatically. It is also known that certain geometric structures and surface textures work better than others do. The implication is that unlimited amounts of Hydrogen fuel can be made to drive engines (like in your car) for the cost of water. Even more amazing is the fact that a special metal alloy was patented by Freedman (USA) in 1957 that spontaneously breaks water into Hydrogen and Oxygen with no outside electrical input and without causing any chemical changes in the metal itself. This means that this special metal alloy can make Hydrogen from water for free, forever...."

source

Why is BMW not researching or providing something simillar since 1988. They are bigger then these sole inventors. They mostly look for solutions wherein they can earn money via the energy source. (hydrogen filling stations are not necessary when you put a splitter in the car)

Peace be upon you brother

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 01:17 PM
link   
why aren't auto makers investigating this? i honestly don't know, but their reluctance to introduce any novelty can be easily established by considering their stance on electric transmission.

no one in the field ever tossed out the mechanic transmission system, hybrids now have two of these weighty implements, thereby adding weight and cost. how can _that_ be explained?

it can't, unless you're willing to sacrifice your worldview in which corporate affairs can somehow be understood by an outsider.

top topics

join