It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

helicopters over my house

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2007 @ 09:37 AM
link   
For about the past 8 months or so, there have been black helicopters flying past my house everyday. It used to be maybe 3-4 times a day, usually at night, but now it's about every 2 hours on average, sometimes even more. I've lived in the same house for 5 years and I used to never see any helicopters (maybe once or twice a year), until this past year. The helicopters fly pretty low, and last week I saw one a couple blocks from my house make a u-turn then hover there for maybe 15 seconds. My neighbor said that they're military kiowa warrior helicopters. There aren't any military bases or anything like that nearby, and the nearest airport is about 20 miles away (very small airport). There's virtually no crime in the area, so I know that it's not police helicopters looking for criminals.
By the way, here's a pic of what the helicopter looks like:
www.militaryfactory.com...

posted on Jan, 10 2007 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Hm. I'm surprised nobody has got started on this one yet. Very interesting stuff. So you say there are no bases in or around your area? There must be something somewhere withing reasonable flying distance for them to be there. Where exactly do you live?

posted on Jan, 10 2007 @ 11:52 AM
link   
I live in Westchester, NY - about 1.5 hours north of nyc. There aren't any bases that I'm aware of nearby, but I could be wrong. But what's weird is that it just started happening a little less than a year ago. Although I'm not that far away from NYC, my town is very small with mostly mountains, no big businesses or anything around, just residential houses - and I don't even hear regular commercial planes go by that often, so it's not as if I live right near an airport with lots of air traffic. If I saw one maybe once or twice a day I wouldn't think anything of it, and I would probably just assume that it's part of their regular everyday flight path, but the fact that I see and hear these things every couple hours makes me really curious about where they're going and where they come from and what their purpose is.

posted on Jan, 10 2007 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Well I can understand that. I'm not quite sure what to think of this. I'll have to dig around and see what I can find about the area and see what may or may not be going on here.

Is there anyone else on here who would know anything about this? I'm sure there is. I'm really surpries no one else seems interested in this.

posted on Jan, 10 2007 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Is your house in a wide open area? Are there other houses around? I'm thinking it could be looking at your neighbors yards to look for weed? Just an idea...

On second thought it is January...

[edit on 10-1-2007 by Mushroom Fields Forever]

posted on Jan, 10 2007 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Is that a pic you have taken? Or just one off the net? Please try to take a few pics of these black helicopters. Have you contacted local law enforcment to ask them what they are? Contacted news stations about it? That's a good start.

posted on Jan, 13 2007 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Must remember, if they don't want to be seen or notice or gain attention, it is as simple as riding in news copter look-a-likes.

I would be curious to see an original pic of what you are seeing.

Also what do they sound like? Are they more muffled than a typical helicopter?

posted on Jan, 13 2007 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Could be looking for "weed patches" in the nearby woods? They use helicopters for this.
In my area when this happens it's usually looking for an escapee from the local reform school.

posted on Jan, 14 2007 @ 07:27 AM
link   
Is there any houses with helipads in the area? You could GE.
Someone, famous, notorious etc., Could have moved in and ship friends, family etc in by helicopter.
If it is a military helicopter they could be combing for someone who has moved into the area. Survelliance runs.
I am from N. Ireland so well used to excessive/large amounts of heli traffic but for a while there was an increase and it was in sporadic bursts.
We then found out Sharon Stone had bought a castle up the road and this is how she was getting friends and family from the airport.

Call Air traffic control. They are usually helpful. Since it has been consistant for over a year I suspect it is surveillance or a filthy rich or high profile neighbour.

posted on Jan, 14 2007 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Ohhh looky what I found!! I *may* have an explaination
From todays NY times.
query.nytimes.com...

Planners are using aerial photography off and over Westchester to plan new highways and buildings.
The are also using helicopters in the construction industry. They are doing something in 2 hours, that would take 2 weeks by road.
The aerial photography has been going on for a year.

join