It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Area 51, Edwards AFB, And Other Desert Anomalies!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2007 @ 08:04 AM
link   
For a change, let's forget about the Mars anomalies!! We've got some here too! Take a good look at these pics. Have these been doctored? The locations of these pics are shown in the first image.

If you have Google Earth, can someone analyze these photos and tell us what you find? It looks real intriguing. Is it for real and what is their significance?? Why is a 'Pentagram' near Area 51? (Actually a hexagram!)

IMAGE OF THE GENERAL AREA

Pentagram, which is really a Hexagram!!

Is this for real??

What does this triangle signify? Funny looking airport if ever there was one!

Thanks to John Irwin

posted on Jan, 10 2007 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Your hexagram is part of a fake airstrip on Nellis Range used for the Air Force to practice dropping bombs on.

The object at Edwards AFB is the worlds largest compass rose. I believe its used for airmen to calibrate their compasses.

posted on Jan, 10 2007 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by gfad
Your hexagram is part of a fake airstrip on Nellis Range used for the Air Force to practice dropping bombs on.

The object at Edwards AFB is the worlds largest compass rose. I believe its used for airmen to calibrate their compasses.

Gfad! Thanx for enlightening me!! Wow! That sure is a HUGE compass!
But why the devil is the hexagram called the 'Pentagram'??
And if it's used for bombing runs then it doesn't look like a 'target'.

And what about the 'triangular airfield'?

posted on Jan, 10 2007 @ 10:56 AM
link   
The "hexagram/pentagram" is a simulated surface-to-air (SAM) missile site. You can find good pictures of the real thing at these web sites:

www.acig.org...

www.fas.org...

The Edwards compass rose does indeed provide airmen with a handy visual reference. I have even used it as a landmark to navigate on the lakebed at night.

Triangular airfields, about 5,00 to 6,000 feet per side were commonly used as auxiliary airfields during World War II. They provided airmen, mainly pilot trainees, with a variety of conveniently located contingency landing sites. Having three runways allowed safe landings whatever the direction of the winds.

posted on Jan, 10 2007 @ 10:57 AM
link   
I don't know where you have got the idea that it is "called" the pentagram, I dont know what its called but its not a petagram. I think its designed in that shape to replicate ammunition bunkers seen at air bases. EDIT: ShadowHawks answer is probably right.

I dont know what the triangle airfield is.

[edit on 10/1/07 by gfad]

posted on Jan, 10 2007 @ 04:16 PM
link   
It is most defintely a simulated SAM site. That is how it is described in the Red Flag briefings at Nellis. Just compare it to photos of actual SA-2 SAM sites and you will see the resemblance.

Someone who "discovered" it on Google Earth flagged it as a "pentagram" and the nickname stuck. It has also been called a "Star of David."

posted on Jan, 10 2007 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Thanks guys!
That sorts out the 'mystery'! Always wondered what these were!

And, Shadowhawk, thanks for those excellent links! Very educative.

[edit on 10-1-2007 by mikesingh]

new topics

top topics

join