It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dune-esque water Recapturing Device

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2007 @ 03:30 AM
link   
OMG, I've just been re-reading the series and then stumble on this. A sign from Muad'Dib?

The device is called the Econo and it's a biomimentic device modeled after Nambian Beetles wings.

It basically works by recapturing water evaporation from soil. Apparently this can reduce irrigation needs by as much as 50%.

ECONO is a biomimetic water conservation device based upon a Namibian Beetle's wings. It captures water evaporating from soil and returns it, through condensation, to the pot, thus reducing outside irrigation requirements by 50%

www.worldchanging.com...

[edit on 10-1-2007 by sardion2000]

posted on Jan, 10 2007 @ 04:29 AM
link   
interesting,
reminded me of a program i saw a few yrs back on how they grow (or can) in desert areas (that are relativly close to the sea).

that method if i remember was to have a solar pump out to sea at a depth where the temp was significantly lower than the surface, this pumped water around a simple loop that zig-zagged from the depths to the sand (set under approx 2ft deep in sand), this caused the pipe to condensate with the ground heat therefore creating a manmade water level 2 ft deep for the crops to feed off in the sand.

ok very different. the condesation method jogged my memory

posted on Jan, 10 2007 @ 04:58 AM
link   
Yeah I've heard of that as well. I believe some one did that on one of the Hawaiian islands by pumping cold ocean water from the deep to provide condensation and power. I posted it a while back, I'll see if I can dig up the link.

EDIT: lookie what I found.

The Mad Genius from the Bottom of the Sea

join