It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Isle Of Daemons

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2007 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Well orla I kinda doubt that there are lots of Newfoundlanders here on ATS. But ofcourse you never know.

posted on Jan, 22 2007 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Well I wouldn't know... Cos I don't even know where Newfoundland is like

posted on Jan, 22 2007 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Alright here is the Horse Islands, the more southern of the two groups.

Horse Islands

Wasn't settled until 1836 and even at it's peak it had a population of 215. Much less, it was used for a movie shoot, the ship that was sopposed to be the prop, exploded and killed 27 people. Interesting coincidence.

The other group known as The Grey Islands consists of Groais Island and Bell Island. Here is a link to a book of Prose about the Grey Islands:

The Grey Islands

It is described as life on the edge, very harsh; with persons and homes that have since disappeared (nothing sinister mentioned from the description though.) A haunted site is mentioned also.

One could see how superstitious Mariners could think these islands as the supposed Isle of Daemons. Although I do not know if we'll ever be able to nail one of them down, both seem like a decent fit.

posted on Jan, 24 2007 @ 08:28 AM
link   
I've already made a topic about this.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 28 2007 @ 11:00 AM
link   
An Isle of Daemons sounds very creepy!
If it disappeared, maybe it was more like a collection of rocks sticking out from the ocean that disappear at high tide? The daemons could be some sort of seal or sealion? Some of them make strange noises. (I don't know what sorts live it that area but elephant seals look pretty damn scary to me!)

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 02:56 PM
link   
I doubt it would be a seal, I looked it up and (at least sea lions) were hunted to near extinction by the end of the the 19th century, so Mariners would have been very familiar with them. The 2 species of sea lions are also located only in the Pacific West Coast of the U.S. and around South America.

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by 2Resistance
Someone told me about a place that was found when all that exploring was going on they found a place they named Isle of Daemon. But it was taken off the map when they realized it was full of what they said was demons. Anyone ever here about it?

www.isle-of-skye.org.uk...

en.wikipedia.org...

The "Fomori" were a race of monsters/demons that played a large part in Celtic mythology. The stories say they came from an island near Ireland. It was called Tory Island, and was covered with these creatures.

They have a similar background to the Titans, only the Fomori are much more intertwined into the history of of the Celts, having waged wars, and in even more personal matters with humans.

It is really very interesting. You will have to do some searching to get away from the Wikipedia definition that seems to have permeated 50% of the pages that popped up when I Googled them.

If somebody else already mentioned the Fomori, I apologize.

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 01:50 PM
link   
I'm fron newfoundland and I know where the isle of demons is. It is now called quirpoon island and is to the north of NF. Oh yeah, if you dont know where Newfoundland is look on a map!!!

[edit on 13-2-2007 by Iceblood]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join