It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

20,000 Additional Troops to Surge into Iraq

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2007 @ 08:46 PM
link   
So you're complaining about Bush, and defending the Iranians for interfering with our efforts to stabilize Iraq?

posted on Jan, 12 2007 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by GT100FV
So you're complaining about Bush, and defending the Iranians for interfering with our efforts to stabilize Iraq?

Who is defending who !!!!!!! my, oh, my, how dare anybody defend the evil Iranians.

Bush already accomplished the distabilization of Iraq, Iranians are just the Bogey man to be blame now. . . because Al-qaida already has turned cold.

posted on Jan, 12 2007 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Before Team America showed up, it was a happy place. They had flowery meadows and rainbow skies, and rivers made of chocolate, where the children danced and laughed and played with gumdrop smiles. And everyone got along famously. Then the evil Americans showed up with their corporations being corporationy, and the bucolic state of life was ruined eh?

posted on Jan, 12 2007 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Well GT100FV I can tell you this much what a garden of eden bush has brought to Iraq.

I think I will be planning my summer vacation in baghdad this year.

posted on Jan, 12 2007 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Actually the Fall is nicer. Its sunny, 85, low humidity, and there's generally a nice breeze. In the summer its about 140F, which isn't so nice.

posted on Jan, 12 2007 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by GT100FV
Actually the Fall is nicer. Its sunny, 85, low humidity, and there's generally a nice breeze. In the summer its about 140F, which isn't so nice.

You are right my husband spend 18 months in the middle east during the first gulf war and he said it was very hot in the summer.

I guess I will change it for the spring.

posted on Jan, 12 2007 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Actually congress is debating the role Iran is playing in Iraq as we clammer on about it ............I posted a peice about it here and let me warn you now marg, your probably not going to like what former CIA director James Woolsey says

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 12-1-2007 by the_sentinal]

[edit on 12-1-2007 by the_sentinal]

posted on Jan, 13 2007 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043

Originally posted by jsobecky

Maliki has publicly adddressed al-Sadr and his Mehdi army twice in the past two days, demanding they disarm. Talk is cheap, but maybe he has found religion by this point, and realized his own mortality. He can rest assured that this is his final chance; after this, he is on his own.

That's how I read it.

Maliki can not take Sadr, and killing Sadr is just going to bring another martyr.

Maybe Maliki can't, but the US sure can. The US had him in their crosshairs more than a couple times but backed down because the Iraq gov't. said no.

As for the "martyr" bit, well, you said the same thing about Zarkawi and Saddam, didn't you?

Bush wants to blame Iran, Syria, Al-qaida and Hamas and whatever he wants, but the truth is that Iraqis are fighting each other, taking arms from one groups will make one stronger than the other.

Are you saying that Iran and Syria have absolutely no involvement in this war?

The problem is the government itself, when US took the Sunnis out of power, the Shiites has divided into to groups that opposed each other within their own government and their own society.

In order for one groups to disarm the government will have to disarm itself or the killings will not stop.

The people took (elected) the Sunnis out andthe Shias in. The Shia are the majority. To have opposition within a majority is normal.

posted on Jan, 13 2007 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky
The people took (elected) the Sunnis out and the Shias in. The Shia are the majority. To have opposition within a majority is normal.

The Sunnis are running for their lives, and to have opposition within majority is normal here in the US, but in Iraq you are a death duck and ready for the slaughter like is happening in Iraq right now.

How do you think the Iraqi government is still alive and surviving? because US is keeping them alive and protected.

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 08:54 PM
link   
extra 2,200 military police called up for Baghdad surge.

Link

US approves more troops for Iraq , that doesnt sound encouraging.

US and Iraqi troops have launched a major security push in Baghdad
US Defence Secretary Robert Gates has approved a request for an extra 2,200 military police to support the security drive in Iraq's capital, Baghdad.

Speaking to Congress, Mr Gates said the deployment would be in addition to the nearly 24,000 combat troops and support personnel approved by President Bush.

"I think that we expected that there would be in the short-term an increase in violence as the surge began to make itself felt," Mr Gates said, adding there were other "very preliminary positive signs" the security plan was working.

So, there have been contiued bombings, large death tolls... but... we are seeing 'preliminary' 'positive' signs?

What exactly are we finding as a result of more troops?
That the insurgents vanished, waiting for us to leave?

this is anything but positive.

[edit on 7-3-2007 by Agit8dChop]

posted on Mar, 11 2007 @ 04:24 PM
link   
This article was posted this morning.

www.msnbc.msn.com...

This is a piece of the article:

"Bush wants Congress to fund 3,500 new U.S. troops to expand training of local police and army units in Afghanistan. The money also would pay for the estimated 3,500 existing U.S. troops he already announced would be staying longer in the region to counter an anticipated Taliban offensive in Afghanistan this spring."

So they're anticipating an offensive this spring in Afghanistan? Seems like we're never getting out.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join