It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Am I useing my abilities badly?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 10:46 PM
link   
It would be cool to get some input.

I practice hypnotism and similar skills as dictated by Derren Brown in some of his writings. Also random other books which he recommends.

I've done some pretty crazy things....For instance I've wiped my dads memory temporarily. I've also made people hallucinate but never cause serious harm. Only harm that last 3 seconds or so, to prove something to them.

I realize how bad the above sounds
But wouldn't you want to do test you're abilities for the practice you put into them?

Here's my main question. Similar to Derren's trick where he gets a model to like him. Last night I learned how to do the same thing.

Would it be wrong to use hypnotism to get a lady in bed?

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by mindcriminal
It would be cool to get some input.
Here's my main question. Similar to Derren's trick where he gets a model to like him. Last night I learned how to do the same thing.

Would it be wrong to use hypnotism to get a lady in bed?

Yes, it is wrong to remove someones free will without their permision. Personally, I think that should be obvious.

Vas

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 11:15 PM
link   
If you have to ask, then it probably is. It's more of an ethical question than a physical one. If you hypnotize someone, then they are putting their well being in your hands, and therefor you should really consider how they will have to deal with the potential damage you could do. The suggestive nature of the subconscious is not a toy. If you want to prove to someone they can be hypnotized, then make them clap when you say a word or something.

Or better yet, just don't do it at all.

Just my 2 cents.

posted on Jan, 10 2007 @ 12:01 AM
link   
I have heard alot of hypnotists say that no onw will do anything they don't want to under that influence, (they may just be covereing their tracks) Don't these things only work if someone is willing in the first???

posted on Jan, 10 2007 @ 12:22 AM
link   
My second last psycology unit covered this. You CAN NOT use hypnosise to make some one do something they don't want to do. If they claim that they were forced, it usually is that they are too embaresed about doing it or they used being hypnotised to get something out of there system that they couldn't under normal cercumstances. This is asuming you are using hypnosise and not esp mind control.

posted on Jan, 10 2007 @ 03:13 AM
link   
There are a lot of grey area's to our understanding of hypnotisim, we do not completely understand it. I think it was irresponsable more than anything else for you to try out your hypnotisim techniques on someone else, would have honestly known what to do if your father did not gain his memory back, no? Its as dangerous (and stupid/irresponsable) as practising samurai sword moves on someone with a real when you are still only a white belt.

posted on Jan, 10 2007 @ 03:27 AM
link   
do it, then tell me how.

join