It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

YAY! I'm famous!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2003 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Congradulations Banshee! I wish you great success with that. Beat 'em all up ! Lol..

Originally posted by Gazrok
Hey, there's lots of computers at my work, hehe....
Let's see if we can't get you up in the ranks, hmm????

I thought the same thing!!! Hehehehe

Hey Banshee, do you win something if you got the more votes???

posted on Dec, 16 2003 @ 10:31 PM
link   
I myself am not a wrestling fan. Mainly cause WWE is a manopera, but when I was a kid I loved it.

Hulkster, ultimate warrior, the animal, junkyard dog, superfly, flying brian... to name some favs :p

I voted for you Banshee, and while looking at some of those girls the thought crossed my mind, it would be so bad being a wrestler if I get to "wrassle" with all those hot chicks

posted on Dec, 18 2003 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by m0rbid
Hey Banshee, do you win something if you got the more votes???

The honor of being GLORY Girl of the Month.
You can't buy recognition/advertising like that, man.

Wanted to share another email on the *eek* side, and a nice one.
I don't know any of these people. These are just emails from strangers that show up in my inbox.

Hi Im Chris how are you. Im fine i was wondering if you wouldu like to meet me in (deleted),mass. Would u like to have a private wrestling match with me yes or no if you wanrt to ok buh bye love chris

I just saw your Glory profile and found it to be very interesting. Since the departure of Chyna from the WWE, there hasn't been a good size amazon wrestler type who could take on the men and hold their own in the male-dominated sport of pro wrestling. Hopefully, you might be the one to fill those shoes. So might I ask, what are your future plans for wrestling? Plus, do you have any favorite submission holds? lastly, I live in the (deleted), California area, would you kindly tell me, if you are ever having a match, out by my way?
Take care and hope the best for your career
Good
to see a girl who isn't afraid of the guys!

One end of the spectrum to the other.
Still,
I love my job.

O yeah, I just ordered my first professional headshot photos! They should be here in about a week.
(wrestlers sell these at shows, it isn't just my ego talking there. *g*)
Special ATS rate, u2u me if interested.

-B.
-E.
(don't know which to sign with now!)

posted on Dec, 18 2003 @ 12:52 AM
link   
Hey Banshee/Echelon/Real name that I know ( ;-) )

I'm so PROUD of you!!!!

I knew since ya told me you wrestled you would go places. Just remember me when i'm making it through the ranks of indy wrestling!!!

posted on Dec, 18 2003 @ 10:55 AM
link   
She's number 47 currently...c-mon we can do better than that guys....go vote!!! (see her 2nd post on this thread for the link)... You can vote 1/day per machine!

posted on Dec, 18 2003 @ 11:00 AM
link   
I voted! Geeze, you look like you could break me in half! Strong women scare me...

posted on Dec, 18 2003 @ 11:29 AM
link   
you know ... if you asked certain "hacker" types around here they could get you up top real quick. But that would ruin the integrity of the Glory Girl contest if you won by a million votes.

edit- Looks likes that won't work for various reasons. Sticking a Vote for E! link is probably the best way to mobilize the unwashed masses...

also the history behind it is pretty interesting:
www.glorywrestling.com...
a message boad too: members4.boardhost.com...

[Edited on 18-12-2003 by ktprktpr]

posted on Dec, 18 2003 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Nice one next step WWE ! what do ya think Banshee?

posted on Dec, 18 2003 @ 12:15 PM
link   
This is interesting too: members4.boardhost.com...

reveals the conflict between integrity and money. The promoters want money so the promote T+A, while the wrestlers, I would assume, want integrity. I wonder if there is a solution? I would seem to me that there is an audience for serious female wrestling. But it would have be aimed at sub cultures, not 19-25 year old males. I would guess they should aim for gay and lesbian markets, counter-culture brackets. A focus on technical ability and rankings would help in advertising. Also, standardizing fan out reach would help too, but that would cost a bit.

[Edited on 18-12-2003 by ktprktpr]

posted on Dec, 18 2003 @ 01:18 PM
link   

B.
-E.
(don't know which to sign with now!)

For ATS'ers...sign with both!

posted on Dec, 18 2003 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lysergic
it would(n't ?) be so bad being a wrestler if I get to "wrassle" with all those hot chicks

Lsd, all I could think of when I read this was Andy Kaufman, The Inter-gender Wrestling Champion of the World !!! I can see it now, some of those women gorilla pressing you and chucking you out of the ring like a sack o' taters !!!

posted on Dec, 18 2003 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by joehayner
I voted! Geeze, you look like you could break me in half! Strong women scare me...

In reality, I'm actually stronger than I look. I can get our 2nd biggest guy (250lbs) hoisted onto my shoulders now; my next goal is the biggest (290lbs)!

Orginally posted by ktprktpr
you know ... if you asked certain "hacker" types around here they could get you up top real quick. But that would ruin the integrity of the Glory Girl contest if you won by a million votes.
also the history behind it is pretty interesting:
www.glorywrestling.com...
The promoters want money so the promote T+A, while the wrestlers, I would assume, want integrity.

Like you said, integrity. I have some of that.

Some girls are perfectly happy working T&A matches. That's cool, that doesn't compromise their integrity. I, on the other hand, absolutely refuse to do anything like that, and have turned down work offers because that's what they wanted. For me, it's morals over money.
Believe me, I can't pay the bills wrestling at this point.
Re: the history .... my biggest beef about the history page is the lack of The Fabulous Moolah! She's been in the business for 50 YEARS and still has an occasional match today.

Originally posted by drunk
Nice one next step WWE ! what do ya think Banshee?

Morals over money, drunk.
I won't work for WWE because of the way they portray their female talent.
I haven't broken like 10 bones, ruined a hip, both shoulders & a knee, and gotten 5 concussions to be thrown in a bikini match ... or forced to get breast implants!

Thanks for all you support, everyone. It really means a lot to me.

-B./E.

<< 1   >>

join