It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Apple Computers Unveils iPhone

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Aplle does it once again. The New iPhone. Not only just a phone, an mp3 player and a internet browser. Prices are from $499.00 to $599.00.

money.cnn.com
SAN FRANCISCO (CNNMoney.com) -- Consumers will finally get the chance to own an iPhone, a mobile phone that plays iTunes and surfs the Web, electronics maker Apple said Tuesday. The device will retail for between $499 and $599.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Well, this thing is going to sell greatly. I read on another site that is might have a rotary dial. Dunno if thats true or not, but all in all seems like its going to be a big seller

[edit on 9-1-2007 by TheDesigner]

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 06:45 PM
link   
I'm curious what will happen between Apple and Cisco since the Iphone has already been trademarked by Cisco for its own VOIP phone.

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 07:04 PM
link   
What is the difference between that, and the phones that can play MP3's and have an internet browser too? Mine has those features and it's nowhere near that price.

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 07:11 PM
link   
all it is is a phone thats an ipod video with touch screen. they got into a market while they are a hot company.
smart move... i for one will not buy one. i want a cell phone that works ...
i could care less about if i can go on the internet on my phone. which will cost you a pretty penny...
im in no rush or will ever be to get this thing.

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 07:46 PM
link   
The newer the technology, the better they are able to eavesdrop on us.

posted on Jan, 10 2007 @ 10:29 PM
link   
I knew it would only be a matter of time before it happened.
These big companies do whatever they want when it comes to trademark or copyright infringement.

Cisco sues Apple over use of iPhone name
2007-1-11

CISCO Systems sued Apple Inc in federal court, saying the computer maker's new iPhone violates its trademark.

The lawsuit, filed yesterday in US District Court for the Northern District of California, came just a day after Apple CEO Steve Jobs unveiled the Apple iPhone in dramatic fashion at a trade show in San Francisco, The Associated Press reported today.

But even while Jobs was trumpeting the product, the matter of the product's naming had not been resolved behind the scenes between two of Silicon Valley's biggest names. The lawsuit seeks injunctive relief to prevent Apple from copying Cisco's iPhone trademark.

Source

posted on Jan, 10 2007 @ 11:40 PM
link   
What is the capacity of the iphone?

if its not something really good like.. 50gb min I will not be buying this, I will just glue my current cellphone to my current ipod and just use the internet at home or in internet cafes.

posted on Jan, 12 2007 @ 01:54 AM
link   
I believe it's available in 4gb ($499) and 8gb ($599) configurations. This is a very respectable amount of memory for a phone, even if it's an iPod. I use an advanced Nokia phone ($349), which I had to purchase a 2gb memory card ($99) to suppliment it's internal 256mb. So 8gb is a huge jump in current tech.

I myself use a 30gb Video iPod. I believe I have over 5000 songs, 2 movies, around 75 30 minute TV shows, as well as quite a few photos...and I have barely filled 15gb. For me to be able to carry one device, which can hold half of my media, as well as being my cell phone, i'm definitely sold.

[edit on 12-1-2007 by DarkkHero]

[edit on 12-1-2007 by DarkkHero]

new topics

top topics

join