It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Umbrellas! GRRRRR

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Dearest members of the Boston walking with umbrellas elite,

Hey there! You may recognize me from walking down Summer Street the other day. Well my lovelies, I just wanted to say thank you. Thank you for what is now the beginning of a nice black eye!
See, as you may have noticed...I am a little on the tall side. The pointy parts of your umbrella are exactly eye level with...well...my eyes. Now as someone who is often late myself, I understand that you all must rush, with your umbrellas covering your faces, making it quite obvious that you can't see....buuuut, I must ask that you not plow me over while trying to walk to work
To the lady that poked me in the eye with her umbrella...I must say thank you, for turning my face so many pretty colors.

Thank you!
Brandon.

Seriously though, I can't stand it!!!!!!!! "Umbrella people" They parade through the city NOT watching where they are going, bumping into everyone with their little umbrella pokies jutting out all over everywhere! Then when you finally reach a dry spot...be it inside a building, on on the t....THEY SHAKE THE UMBRELLA ON YOU!!!!!!!!!!!! WHO EVEN DOES THAT!?!?!?!

If anything, there should be a course every now and then on umbrella courtesy and safety. Those things are dangerous! It's all fun and games until someone loses an eye.............................

/rant

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Oh, you poor thing! I will never have that problem, I am 5'2". I do get stepped on a lot tho. :bnghd:

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Well at least it sounds like you kept your cool, that happens to me every now and then, one day it happened like 9 times and I ended up breaking someones umbrella because they said "watch where your going!" when they were the ones running with their head down and umbrella high up. amd I the only one who likes the rain?

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 04:10 PM
link   
[q]Well at least it sounds like you kept your cool[/q]

I kept it the best i could...but even if I wanted to retaliate I couldn't differentiate between one umbrella person and another...I'm not sure if you've been to a busy city on a rainy day, but if you are without an umbrella it really is like being lost at sea. You can't see anything but black, brown, gray, and they occasional polka dots!

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 05:36 PM
link   
A lack of umbrella etiquette can be very annoying when you live in a rainy area.

Rule 1 - Golf umbrellas are for the golf course, not the sidewalk.
Rule 2 - Always be aware of your surroundings so that you don't poke people like YoBrandonRaps in the eye. Umbrellas are for over your head, not in front of your face.
Rule 3 - When another person is walking towards you, tilt or raise your umbrella so as not to bash it into them (while still following Rule 2).
Rule 4 - Do not twirl your umbrella about like you are Gene Kelly.
Rule 5 - When not in use, the umbrella shall be closed and pointing down, not tucked under your arm. The eye is not the only painful area you can poke someone.
Rule 6 - Shake your umbrella off before you enter the building. The rain should stay outside where it belongs.
Rule 7 - If you have an umbrella, let the poor umbrella-less people have the precious space in the bus stand or under the awning.

Break a rule and I am entitled to rip your umbrella out of your hands and smack you with it. Not that I would do that, but it's well within my rights.

Personally, it drives me nuts when people use golf umbrellas. There is only so much space on the sidewalk, and they take all of it up!

posted on Jan, 10 2007 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Duzey
A lack of umbrella etiquette can be very annoying when you live in a rainy area.

Rule 1 - Golf umbrellas are for the golf course, not the sidewalk.
Rule 2 - Always be aware of your surroundings so that you don't poke people like YoBrandonRaps in the eye. Umbrellas are for over your head, not in front of your face.
Rule 3 - When another person is walking towards you, tilt or raise your umbrella so as not to bash it into them (while still following Rule 2).
Rule 4 - Do not twirl your umbrella about like you are Gene Kelly.
Rule 5 - When not in use, the umbrella shall be closed and pointing down, not tucked under your arm. The eye is not the only painful area you can poke someone.
Rule 6 - Shake your umbrella off before you enter the building. The rain should stay outside where it belongs.
Rule 7 - If you have an umbrella, let the poor umbrella-less people have the precious space in the bus stand or under the awning.

Break a rule and I am entitled to rip your umbrella out of your hands and smack you with it. Not that I would do that, but it's well within my rights.

Personally, it drives me nuts when people use golf umbrellas. There is only so much space on the sidewalk, and they take all of it up!

AMEN!!!!!!!!!!! The worst is seeing people toting around what could only be a beach umbrella so the whole family can fit! sheeeesh

posted on Jan, 10 2007 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Well you know, in the hood where I come from if your umbrella isn't the right color then you get laid out....I suggest you grab a glock 45 and regulate next time....there are no umbrella's in the big house!

new topics

top topics

join