It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thousands of Birds Fall From Sky in Australia

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2007 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Could this be as simple as climate change? I mean is it possible it could be a mixture of greenhouse gases and El Nino causing odd migration or starvation?

Does anyone recall any random bird deaths the last time El Nino was around?

posted on Jan, 10 2007 @ 03:29 PM
link   
are those pictures of dead birds all coming down to earth at once
cause if so that is sooooo wierd,
VERY creepy indeed

posted on Jan, 10 2007 @ 03:52 PM
link   
The core has stoped spinning! We killed the planets and the only way to start the core up again is with a giant drill and some nukes!

posted on Jan, 10 2007 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by ghaleon12
Methane isn't toxic though so it couldn't be killing bird do to inhalation.

According to Wikipedia, you are right...

Potential health effects
Methane is not toxic. The immediate health hazard is that it may cause burns if it ignites. It is highly flammable and may form explosive mixtures with air. Methane is violently reactive with oxidizers, halogens, and some halogen-containing compounds. Methane is also an asphyxiant and may displace oxygen in an enclosed space.

en.wikipedia.org...

How the heck could it have killed the dinosaurs if it is not toxic???
This is out in the open with plenty of air. It's only dangerous indoors if you allow it to displace all the oxygen. This would seem to put a big dent in the methane being the cause of bird death theory, would it not?

posted on Jan, 10 2007 @ 05:32 PM
link   
There is something in the air coming from below. Of course we know gas rise, liquids fall, so thus it is a gas. No viral infections no subtle changes in organs and convulsions lead to the conclusion that the cause of the bird deaths is still unconclusive...

Check some links on Methane

Methane and The Digestive System

Maybe has some points on why some birds are dying.

posted on Jan, 10 2007 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dark Crystalline
Well. I hope that Comet is not starting to slow down and enter into stationary orbit, because that would mean, it's not a comet.

Well you can watch it live here...

sohowww.nascom.nasa.gov...

Watch the sun exploding live too... might give you a few minutes to kiss yer butt goodbye...

posted on Jan, 10 2007 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Could be HAARP technology...

There is a thread on ATS about HAARP with some good links if youcare to know more

posted on Jan, 10 2007 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Someone posted a link to Worldnetdaily and in one of the comments by the readers , someone had said that birds have something metal or metallic in their heads which governs their guidance systems and uses the Earths magnetic fields for navigation. Is this true? It sounds kind of wacky and its the first I heard of it but Im no ornithologist. However if true, it very well could be an explanation if whatever it was that happened was some sort of magnetic shift. Probably bogus but I thought I'd ask anyway.

posted on Jan, 10 2007 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by antmax21
There is something in the air coming from below. Of course we know gas rise, liquids fall, so thus it is a gas. No viral infections no subtle changes in organs and convulsions lead to the conclusion that the cause of the bird deaths is still unconclusive...

Check some links on Methane

Methane and The Digestive System

Maybe has some points on why some birds are dying.

Nothing on the health effects of Methane that I can see from glancing through the article. Deals with how to produce methane basically. I'm born and raised on a farm so I know what it is. It has been known to kill entire lifestocks dute to oxygen deprivation and the fact that you can't smell it before you pass out. Also, some poor sod threw a sigarette butt into the manure pool and the whole thing blew up. But that takes very special conditions (you have to stirr the manure in the right way to release the most gas) with no ventilation and breach of every safety protocol. The stuff is harmless when it just mixes with the air and is vented out.

posted on Jan, 10 2007 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Section03
The core has stoped spinning! We killed the planets and the only way to start the core up again is with a giant drill and some nukes!

Great Idea!! lets drill holes to the magma and drop in a few nukes... yep that will do it alright...

Just like the scientists who want to drill into the magma bubble under Yellowstone..

Not to worry folkes, them scientist know what they are doing no fear...

turn on HAARP and lets mess up the ionosphere... and the weather... think Katrina was big? you ain't seen nothing yet..

dump more aluminum dust into the air to reflect sunlight and slow global warming (yep Chemtrails] (I hear tell some alien civilization came up with that one, cept they used Gold... hmmm metalic taste you say?)

drop nukes into the San Andreas fault to "ease" it along...

drill holes into magma bubbles to see whats cooking... [anyone ever opened champagne?

now nuke the core...

yep scientist got it all under control... maybe that's why NASA is rushing to build bases on the Moon and Mars... maybe they know something we don't know

posted on Jan, 10 2007 @ 06:00 PM
link   

I live fairly remote and the birds are definitely out of whack here. They are up and chirping away by 1:30AM which is NOT normal and they stay up from then on and dawn doesn't break til about 7AM.

thats strange - the exact same thing is happening where i live in the UK (southern England). i stepped outside for a cigarette last night, about 1.30am roughly, and yeah -the birds were chirping away. A dawn chorus hours before dawn (roughly 7.30 am here). very very strange...

posted on Jan, 10 2007 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Speedtek
I'm willing to bet this is the culprit,

In fact, one of the major sources for increased methane venting is the Hudson Submarine Canyon, which extends 400 miles into the Atlantic from the New York-New Jersey harbor. Another location experiencing increased venting is the Santa Barbara Channel on the California coast.

From another source.

Methane is odorless so it wouldn't be directly responsible for the stank that New York City and Jersey City experienced Monday, but when the methane starts bubbling up to the surface it is often accompanied by hydrogen sulfide, a byproduct of the bacterial decomposition that occurs on the ocean floor. And the Hudson Submarine Channel would be particularly susceptible to extra-stinky decomposition, as many speculate it is still covered with the sludge and trash of several centuries of the inhabitants of New York City dumping their garbage and sewage directly into the harbor.

And finally to put a nail in the stinky coffin of where this is coming from.

Hey, look, the wind was coming in from the east (the direction of the trench) that day!
Wind Direction & Weather

I'm quite sure our gov knows about this, but why is there no mention of it in the general media?? Go figure! Its alot easier just to blame it on New Jersey.

GREAT info Speedtek. Thanks

Have you got anything suggesting that geophysical activity, or heated liquids or gases might raise the temperature of the earth itself? Kind of like radiant heating under a floor?

Thanks, sofi

posted on Jan, 10 2007 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Just an update, no word yet from the Dr. John.

Speedtek provided some great information, thanks Speed

Methane acts like carbon monoxide by blocking oxygen in the blood.
It can also cause suffocation and death at high levels. The lower levels have been known to produce flu-like symptoms(nausea, drowsiness, headaches)

posted on Jan, 10 2007 @ 09:26 PM
link   
From a news.com.au article on the subject. -- seems some of you guys have made an impact

Source

The story has resonated well with conspiracy theorists however, who have rejected the temperatures or toxins and instead have fingered a host of sinister-sounding technologies or occurences to explain the phenomenon, extending all the way to the “environment warning of other things going on that can’t be seen,” according to one post on NEWS.com.au.

Also, they seem to have a corpse that was euthanised by a local vet and should therefore be fresh enough to provide a more complete autopsy.
Hopefully that will get to the bottom of it all.

posted on Jan, 10 2007 @ 09:56 PM
link   
I still wonder if it has anything to do with the changes in the magnetic field.

Here's a NOVA article on how magnetic field affect animals:
www.pbs.org...

and more on magnetic flips

They've also learned what happens during a magnetic flip. Reversals take a few thousand years to complete, and during that time--contrary to popular belief--the magnetic field does not vanish. "It just gets more complicated," says Glatzmaier. Magnetic lines of force near Earth's surface become twisted and tangled, and magnetic poles pop up in unaccustomed places. A south magnetic pole might emerge over Africa, for instance, or a north pole over Tahiti. Weird. But it's still a planetary magnetic field, and it still protects us from space radiation and solar storms.

www.nasa.gov...

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 02:41 AM
link   
Just trying to think about this, it seems their are varying reports on how some of the birds have died but nothing really set in stone. It's so weird how so many birds could die like this, from what I've read the numbers seem really high. This is a really strange theory, I know, but could somehow the birds be killing themselves? Could a change in the megnetic field cause them to do that? It might not be all that outlandish considering what appears to be a rather large event. The easiest explaination rather then chemicals or pollutants, which are generally rather localized events, could be that it's all in their head. As we all know, the megnetic field has been weakening over the past hundred years and we've never seen this happen. Who knows what effects it could have on birds.

I was looking quick on google to see if birds have been known, or ever have done commited suicide because in all honesty, I have no clue. But I did find one link that mentions of suicides. timesofindia.indiatimes.com...
Also note, it has 3 pages which some might not see.

[edit on 11-1-2007 by ghaleon12]

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 03:08 AM
link   
I wouldn't go proposing far out reason's for the die off in esperence, I live north of there and just recently there was a massive flood there ( days ago ). the birds have allegedly been found dead around watering places, so I would say it is more than likely poisoning of some kind rather than ELF waves from HARP.

There is quite a few new Nickel refineries opened up there in the last 5 years so I wouldn't be surprised if an aquifer has been contaminated with toxic stuff and the flood waters pushed them up to the surface.

[edit on 11-1-2007 by mazzroth]

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 04:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by mazzroth
There is quite a few new Nickel refineries opened up there in the last 5 years so I wouldn't be surprised if an aquifer has been contaminated with toxic stuff and the flood waters pushed them up to the surface.

Well thats cool..a local there. This is more to go by. Doesn't seem like the officials really know, but what you add begins to add up. If there was local poisoning by these factories they might not want to release that info too quickly and raise the ire of people. They will give it a chance to calm down most likely.

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 05:06 AM
link   
Speedtek,

If you look a couple pages back, you'll see that I mentioned the methane theory quite clearly. We've been tossing that idea around, and it does make some sense. However, I'm still trying to puzzle out how it made it through the jet stream to the locations inland that it did, and still killed with such potency.

The methane ice I didn't know about though. Good find there!!

TheBorg

[Edit to add below...]

According to the CDC,

Methane is continuously produced in manure pits and released into the air at a steady rate. A colorless, odorless, non-toxic gas that is lighter than air, methane generally dissipates from a confinement building. The primary danger of methane accumulation in a facility is the risk of a fiery explosion from a spark if the methane/oxygen mix is in proper proportions. The risk of fire is greater in a poorly-ventilated structure.

Although non-toxic to humans and livestock, methane can cause asphyxiation if it displaces the oxygen in a closed facility.

Granted it's not toxic in low quantities, but in the amounts we're talking about here, there'd be plenty to do some damage. Methane clouds have been known to choke airplane engines out, and there have been a number that have crashed as a result of this very thing. Non-toxic in low dosage, but like this? Highly deadly.

TheBorg

[edit on 11-1-2007 by TheBorg]

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 07:46 AM
link   
By any chance does someone know where any links to actual pictures can be found? I have been searching all over the web, and can't find anything, thanks.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join