It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thousands of Birds Fall From Sky in Australia

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2007 @ 12:54 AM
link   

these pictures were from my local newspaper today along with an article about how these sterlings have settled in a graveyard. Some friends and I went down to this cemetery to see them; I've never seen anything creepier in my life.

posted on Jan, 10 2007 @ 12:57 AM
link   
Why aren't the people effected by the methane if its concentrated enough to reach the sky and kill the birds? once it starts to dissipate into the atmosphere, it starts to lose its potency. were the canaries close to the mines?

Tea

posted on Jan, 10 2007 @ 01:04 AM
link   
I'm with Snowman on this one.
I, too, wondered if HAARP was 100% online.

posted on Jan, 10 2007 @ 01:06 AM
link   
undo,

It could have leeched out from over the ocean, and rose above habitated land to an altitude that only the birds flew at. That would explain the death of the birds, and not of any humans. Now, I don't know the geography of the region all that well, so I can't say for sure, but that's just my take on this most unusual of cases.

TheBorg

posted on Jan, 10 2007 @ 01:08 AM
link   
the borg,

What about the vietnam or idaho birds? they are inland. How far inland is Austin?

posted on Jan, 10 2007 @ 01:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by undo
Why aren't the people effected by the methane if its concentrated enough to reach the sky and kill the birds? once it starts to dissipate into the atmosphere, it starts to lose its potency. were the canaries close to the mines?

Thats what I was thinking too. It would take HUGE amounts of methane to be able to filter miles up and still be concentrated enough to kill this many birds. The amounts needed would have definitely killed any people as they rose too.

I also don't think it was Bird flu. Post mortems have revealed they had signs of poisoning, and if it was H5N1 it would have been very clear to them.

But I'm thinking (wild conspiracy theory coming...) maybe bird flu was created by 'them' to reduce the number of birds, and so hide any potential signs they could be giving us.
I think a suitably significant shift in Earth's magnetic field could potentially have disastrous effects on the avian population. If they are in tune with it a sudden shift could probably send them into shock or something....

Whatever it is, its very weird. And as a non-religious follower of any sort, that Mabus post on the first page is kinda creepy...

posted on Jan, 10 2007 @ 01:13 AM
link   
If my recent memory is correct, the jet stream has been hanging very far south in the SW portions of the lower 48. This could potentially account for the losses of birds in those areas, but the only thing then for me to explain is how the methane stayed so densely located in the stream. If that could be explained, then we'd be well on our way to making some sort of judgement on this. However, that's not going to happen until the results of those exams come back. I'm waiting anxiously for them.

TheBorg

posted on Jan, 10 2007 @ 02:01 AM
link   
Also, just to throw this in as I didn't see it previously posted, I had created a thread a few days ago as a response to a bunch of dead birds in downtown Austin, TX and they closed off the streets while they gathered the bodies so they could investigate......

www.abovetopsecret.com...

There's the thread I started with a few links inside of it covering the incident and also some data on Thomas Beardon commenting on scalar energy causing birds instant death.

posted on Jan, 10 2007 @ 02:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alien_Gamer
Its the end of the world as we know it!!!!!!! lol I always wanted to say that but never had a good reason for it.
I hope it doesn't get worse...quickly...since it most likely will get worse to "some" extent.

You know what they say be careful what you wish for...

Britain Joins the fold....
Bird deaths outbreak investigated.... blame "unusually hot weather"...
BBC NEWS

Alaska is heard from....

Bird deaths puzzle Unalaska
SHEARWATERS: Captain said hail of creatures hit his boat for up to 30 minutes.
By ALEX deMARBAN and CRAIG MEDRED
Anchorage Daily News
Published: September 1, 2006
Last Modified: September 2, 2006 at 01:43 AM

More than 1,600 sea bird carcasses have washed onto Unalaska shores over the last two days in a mysterious die-off that scientists are scrambling to understand.
ANCHORAGE DAILY NEWS

The Bahamas chimes in...

Bahamas Investigates Bird Deaths, PAHO
SOURCE

India...

Mysterious Bird Deaths Jatinga in the northeastern state of Assam, India
SOURCE

France steps up to the podium...

INVESTIGATION INTO BIRD DEATHS

FRANCE: French authorities carry out tests into causes of deaths of 4,000 birds on farm.

The French authorities have ordered urgent tests to be carried out following the death of several thousand chickens on a farm in eastern France.

A total of 4,000 birds out of a flock of 7,500 died, but the remaining birds have shown no signs of distress.

The French agriculture ministry said the initial post mortem tests did not show any signs that the deaths could have been caused by avian influenza.

SOURCE

Flamingo Deaths Spark Bird Flu Probe in Bahamas

Rains, not flu, blamed for 1000's of Malawi bird deaths

During the winter of 1994-95, between 20,000 and 40,000 birds died at the Silva agricultural reservoir near León in the state of Guanajuato, Mexico

Monday 10 January 2005. INVESTIGATION INTO BIRD DEATHS. The State Government has immediately requested a report into bird fatalities at WMC’s Olympic Dam Southern Australia

CAMEROON: Mounting bird deaths spark fears of widespread bird flu

Its worse

[edit on 10-1-2007 by zorgon]

posted on Jan, 10 2007 @ 02:24 AM
link   
could the explanation be that this is some sort of testing phase of new weapons that government have be researching for years and want to test out?

Check this site out, if this theory interests you www.prahlad.org...

posted on Jan, 10 2007 @ 03:03 AM
link   
Reminds me of the movie "The Core". The earths core stops spinning causing wild geo-magnetic fluctuations all around the world causing birds to go wild and fly into the ground and buildings in London. With all the strange weather happening all around the world over the last few years and strange animal behavior and mass deaths of creatures. It would sure seem like we are in a heap of trouble. Someone has mentioned HAARP and I too have always wondered what negative impacts this project has had on the planet. From what I know the atmosphere is a complex system with many different variables but slight changes in those variables has a major effect. The "Butterfly Effect" or chaos theory whichever you prefer.

I guess my point is, that maybe they should suspend research and determine if HAARP is responsible for this wild shift in climate over the recent years or is it something else. In my opinion beaming 1 billion watts of energy at the ionosphere and heating it up to 1500C is going to have some effect on things

posted on Jan, 10 2007 @ 03:22 AM
link   
I am quite concerned with this phenomenon. I don't think it is bird flu, as that is viral and wouldn't leave a metallic taste in the area, as it did in Austin, Texas.

I am of the opinion that it is a neurotoxin of some sort. I have been keeping notes on my whiteboard. The poison results in Texas showed negative on the birds that died there. However, there are toxins that aren't always apparent upon first analysis.

The metallic taste experienced by the residents suggests something like mercury. or something similiar. The people collecting the birds were wearing hazmets suits which indicates that it is chemical and not viral, if it was viral they would have had to quarantine the public in the area.

I think something was released into the atmosphere, and as birds migrate they picked it up and it caused damage to their neuro pathways hence the inability to fly, convulsions and awkward movements.

I suffer with spastic paraplegia after being exposed to a large number of neurotoxins in gaseous form back in the 80's. Hence, I am of the opinion that it could even be a combination of neurotoxins that has been released into the atmosphere.

So far, here in the UK nothing of that nature has come to light to my knowledge. I will let you know if something crops up in the local news about something similiar, I will let you know.

It seems to be affecting Canada, and the States at the moment. Nevertheless, it has me concerned. I have had seeds of rare plants dropped in my garden from birds. We don't use toxins in our garden at all. We don't believe in it. However, we have noticed a reduction in the number of migratory birds visiting our garden and that does worry me, as some of the birds have travelled from the States.

We did have two bird deaths in our garden. One young bird that fell from it's nest and another one that died from a cat attack. There was a puncture wound. We keep food out for the birds, as their food is not being replenished in the wild. We love watching them come into the garden and hearing them sing.

I will pray that the birds aren't affected here in the UK,as I enjoy listening to them singing. Mind you, the weather hasn't been kind to them, as some started singing their mating songs thinking it was Spring, and not Winter. So, if they lay eggs, and the temps drop there is going to be a substantial loss that way.

posted on Jan, 10 2007 @ 03:55 AM
link   
dying birds were always seen as a warning and the more that died, the bigger the warning.

"A single bird like Cart's lonely oracle sends proper warning. A population of birds in distress or dying is a far more useful sentinel; watchful tracking of their predicament informs the ecology and dispersal of disease. Animals turn sentinels as their deaths presage human illness on the epidemic curve. Dying prairie dogs signal human plague in the American Southwest (5). Horses dying of eastern equine encephalomyelitis point to increased spread of virus in a community (6). When an "Old World epizootic strain," West Nile virus, made its way across North America, from the Atlantic to the Pacific Coasts, from Canada into tropical regions and the Caribbean (7), unexplained avian deaths sometimes occurred weeks before human West Nile virus encephalitis cases. And dying birds of the crow family, including ravens, foretold human infection in the New World as they likely did in ancient Babylon (8)." taken from this website

posted on Jan, 10 2007 @ 04:02 AM
link   
so within the last year we have the following dead bird reports:

1. 3400 ducks die in Idaho
www.abovetopsecret.com...

2. Dozens of Crows die in Maine www.sunjournal.com...

3. Downtown Austin Texas closes from 65 dead birds

4. Australia, 1000's of birds die
www.theaustralian.news.com.au...

5. Add Vietnam to the Dead Bird List
www.watchermagazine.com...

6. Britian, back in September - Garden Birds
news.bbc.co.uk...

7. Alaska, back in September - 1,600 dead shearwaters
www.adn.com...

8. Bahamas, back in March - 15 flamingos
www.medicalnewstoday.com...

9. France, 4000 birds
www.meatnews.com...

10. Cameroon, back in March 240 chickens
www.irinnews.org...

could someoone post the link for austin?

posted on Jan, 10 2007 @ 04:11 AM
link   
This is all starting to make sense to me now. For the last several months while out playing soccer in the park, I've noticed the ducks and geese migrating differently. I've been at this park for over 7 years, play almost everyday, and I started noticing weird patterns this last year.

I just found out about HAARP a few weeks back and was horrified. It's like giving your ten year old a gas can, some M80's, starting fluid, and an open flame, all in your LIVING ROOM!

Could these ELF's be killing birds? It would make WAY more sense than gas emissions. Oh well, it's time to recheck the survival supplies. I think we're all screwed on this one, no matter what the cause is. When mother nature starts dropping like flys all around you, it's a very loud wake up call that something ain't right.

[edit on 10-1-2007 by knows_but_doesnt]

posted on Jan, 10 2007 @ 04:16 AM
link   
perhaps it's preparatory for an insect invasion. remove the natural predators.
check out the size of these yellow jacket nests:

j-walkblog.com.../weblog/comments/yellow_jackets_in_alabama/

Until recently, an insect expert could go an entire career without seeing more than a couple of yellow jacket nests larger than a basketball --- until now.

This year, entomologists with the Alabama Cooperative Extension System have encountered something previously unimaginable --- 16 super-sized yellow jacket nests throughout southern and central Alabama.

The size of these nests is like nothing they’ve ever seen.
www.aces.edu...

posted on Jan, 10 2007 @ 04:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by undo
perhaps it's preparatory for an insect invasion. remove the natural predators.

its not just the rise of insects you would get. a lot of plants rely on birds for propogation. the bird eats the seed, flies off, the seed drops out elsewhere and the plant grows there. its all part of the natural food chain!

posted on Jan, 10 2007 @ 04:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by justyc

its not just the rise of insects you would get. a lot of plants rely on birds for propogation. the bird eats the seed, flies off, the seed drops out elsewhere and the plant grows there. its all part of the natural food chain!

That can't be a good thing. Sounds one heckuvalot like the days of Noah to me.

posted on Jan, 10 2007 @ 05:24 AM
link   
All this talk of HAARP gave me a new idea... Maybe what's going on is there's too much Ozone(O3) in the air in these areas, causing the birds to suddenly die of oxygen hyperventilation. I know it sounds strange, and even kind of stupid, but too much O2 can kill. In this case, O3 is even worse for you, since the body processes it much faster than regular Oxygen(O2).

Now, O3 hasn't yet been known to kill any humans, but in the quantities that I'm suggesting, they could easily kill birds. This whole idea came to be from rachel07's post about the odd metallic taste that people have reported in TX. True, that could have something to do with a chemical that may have been released from the sugar plant into the atmosphere, but it might also have been a higher-than-normal concentration of O3 in the area.

Something to concentrate on I guess.

TheBorg

posted on Jan, 10 2007 @ 05:49 AM
link   
Here's something I found online concerning the bird deaths in Perth.

Toxins may be behind bird deaths

I don't think they've found the exact cause, might be worth a read anyway.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join