It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thousands of Birds Fall From Sky in Australia

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by frozen_snowman
I believe the scariest thing is that this is not (yet) covered by major news stations in Australia – I only did see this in the Australian as seen in original post.
Another thought: -->HAARP

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Snowman is right... about the media part at least.

None of this has been in the Australian mainstream media. None of the foreign oddities like the chemical cloud, or the bird deaths... and this wave of deaths in WA hasn't been on the news either.

Kind of makes me angry.

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Honestly terra forming? Reptillians IMHO do not exist.

And what would make them separate from a snake or lizard, they are cold-blooded creatures and they can still live one Earth....there isn't a need to terraform or anything of that matter...Remember it is Global Warming not Global Cooling.

The more Green House Gases we Trap the higher the temperatures rise thus causing overall increase in temperatures and that is where we are screwed. Polar Ice Caps melting, migration by animals during wrong periods, shorter winter, longer summer, and overall odd weather patterns and CLIMATE CHANGES.

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 10:10 PM
link   
What if North Korea's underground nuclear test, shook the earth into a frenzy? Just another thought!

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 10:15 PM
link   
This is tooooo weird, I hope I dont start hearing about dead birds in canada...then I would start shouting its the end of the world.

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 10:54 PM
link   
hisz.rsoe.hu...

Another gas leak, this one 'supposedly' man made.

hisz.rsoe.hu...

Another mass animal death... this one in Australia.

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alien_Gamer
This is tooooo weird, I hope I dont start hearing about dead birds in canada...then I would start shouting its the end of the world.

Ummmm errrrrr better get to the bomb shelter then eh?

Canada: Bird deaths remain a mystery

World class scientists are trying to solve the mystery of why birds are continuing to die at Wascana Centre.

Another dead bird was found on Thursday and two more were picked up Friday, west of the waterfowl display ponds, said Van Isman, the centre's executive director.

That brings the death count to about 160 birds since July 2 when the first dead birds were reported to Wascana Centre staff.

Helping Wascana Centre Authority investigate the deaths are the Canadian Wildlife Service and the Canadian Co-operative Wildlife Health Centre in Saskatoon, which is affiliated with the University of Saskatchewan's College of Veterinary Medicine.

"These people are world class scientists -- it's expertise I didn't know we had in Saskatchewan," Isman said.

The latest toxicology results show the deaths are consistent with poisoning, but it doesn't necessarily mean the birds were intentionally poisoned, he said.

"There is an enzyme in the brain called cholinesterase. If cholinesterase levels get down to between 50 and 60 per cent of normal levels that is sufficient for it to be fatal," he said.

The brains of the birds that were studied had levels of approximately five and nine per cent.

SOURCE

As to Global Warming us puny Hu-Mans may be tossing a little into the mix... but its the SUN we need to worry about, because not only is the magnetosphere of Earth changing, but so is the Sun's and the region of space we are moving into...

Here is a recent solar explosion... fortunately we were not in the direct path... flare #930

The resulting solar tsunami was caught on camera...

Sooo better get out that sun screen yer gonna need it! Maybe the birds flew too close to the Sun like Icarus?

[edit on 9-1-2007 by zorgon]

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Its the end of the world as we know it!!!!!!! lol I always wanted to say that but never had a good reason for it.
I hope it doesn't get worse...quickly...since it most likely will get worse to "some" extent.

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 11:12 PM
link   

hisz.rsoe.hu...

Another mass animal death... this one in Australia.

...if you go down to the bottom of the map, it says that they're from
a fishing boat.

I agree with you though, there's been scant anything in the Australian
papers about the Gas Leaks and such, only the mention of the Dead Birds
in Esperence (sp?)

It doesn't particularly make me angry, just a little mystified if anything.

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Ok this is just my ideae it isnt based on anything ive heard but it makes sense to me.
I baleave that the melting icecaps is decreasing the weight on the land beneath the ice. thefore the land is rising allow plates to move and pockets of gas to escape. Makes sense if you think about it
but ime probly way off base here. Maybe I'll just stick to the survivors forums. Hmm why dont you all come check it out sounds like the advise there will come in handy really soon

posted on Jan, 10 2007 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by angryamerican
Ok this is just my ideae it isnt based on anything ive heard but it makes sense to me.
I baleave that the melting icecaps is decreasing the weight on the land beneath the ice. thefore the land is rising allow plates to move and pockets of gas to escape. Makes sense if you think about it
but ime probly way off base here. Maybe I'll just stick to the survivors forums. Hmm why dont you all come check it out sounds like the advise there will come in handy really soon

Actually, ice is lighter than water, so if anything, there would be an increasing amount of weight on the land under the caps. I do agree, however, that that might have the effect that you suggest. It's a good idea, one that I'd not thought of. Merits some thought too.

Good post.

TheBorg

posted on Jan, 10 2007 @ 12:12 AM
link   
well the reports are saying that their are different places on Earth whre birds are dieing in droves. Now let's think about this for a minute...

Why would a flock of birds all die at once? It's probably not bird flu because #1, probably not all birds would die from it and it might effect some birds quicker than others which would not explain why lots are dieing all at once and #2 scientists aren't finding evidence of virus.

so what else could cause it? well for a whole slew of birds to fall out of the sky and all die at once, it is logical to me to think they either were exposed to something that kills them immediately (methane gas, magnetic fields?? don't know much about magnetic fields maybe someone can enlighten us) or they all fed on the same food source that happened to be poisoned or toxic in some way.

Just what I'm thinking.

posted on Jan, 10 2007 @ 12:22 AM
link   
But if they all fed on something poisonous, wouldn't they all die at varying intervals, since the poisons would act differently in different birds? To have them all die at once like that suggests some sort of fast acting, widespread poison. Most likely cause is methane, so far as I'm concerned.

TheBorg

posted on Jan, 10 2007 @ 12:39 AM
link   
Add Vietnam to the Dead Bird List
www.watchermagazine.com...

posted on Jan, 10 2007 @ 12:43 AM
link   
It's gotta be some kind of Gas hasn't it? To kill a lot of birds in one go and send them twitching to the ground? Poison wouldn't sync like that. Flying through a gas cloud or some kind of cosmic rays maybe?

Some people have mentioned the magnetic fields but would that be enough to snuff out a flock of birds in an instant?

posted on Jan, 10 2007 @ 12:45 AM
link   
This is a very disturbing trend that I'm beginning to see develop. Has H5N1 gone airborne? And if so, what can be done to slow it's progression and transmission to humans? Cause as we all know, it'll just be a matter of time before it makes that leap. Let's hope a cure presents itself, and soon.

Better yet, let's hope that it's not bird flu, and pray for something better, like methane pockets that have been released into the atmosphere.

TheBorg

posted on Jan, 10 2007 @ 12:47 AM
link   
Most airborne assailants wouldn't kill enmasse but we don't know what the ratio of living to dead birds is in these areas. Anything airborne has to be concentrated enough and the great outdoors, the jetstream, the weather and so forth, all effect the concentration levels.

posted on Jan, 10 2007 @ 12:49 AM
link   
I think that the Earth is farting, and all that trapped gas is getting released because of changes in the crust. Is it earthquakes? Or is it the release of pressure on the poles, because the ice is melting away? Like mentioned in a post above.
All these birds could be like the coal mine canary, they are indicating something, most likely a gas of some sort, like methane, like methane buildup in the coal mines.
Not something they ate, they breathed it all at once and it killed them almost all at once. It must have been a large amount of gas that got released from the earths crust.

That's what I am inclined to think, some weird stuff going on!

posted on Jan, 10 2007 @ 12:49 AM
link   
So, it still begs the question, what the hell is killing all of these birds in the same areas? They are said to just "fall out of the sky". To me anyway, that doesn't quite sound like any kind of bird flu. That sounds like a gas attack of some kind or other.

Just an observer's opinion, however.

TheBorg

posted on Jan, 10 2007 @ 12:54 AM
link   
Avoid eating chicken, pheasant, quail, duck and turkey for awhile. lol

If you don't have problems with salt, get yourself a bag of celtic sea salt or himalyan crystal salt, and eat some everyday

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join