It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weird Ghost/Alien Video

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tiloke
Ive watched the video over and ove and over again. I think I know what it is.

If you look carefully you can see the "ghost" before you se the child in the doorway. When the Child runs through the door, the Ghost stays between him and the camera. NO part of the "ghost" ever is obscured by the boy. I think its a bug on the lense of the camera. The camera cant focus on the bug so it appears as a blurry semi-transpaerent "form".

The human brain will try to make the best sense of what it sees. If you don't know what you'r looking at than it can seem pretty strange. Watch the video again while comparing the ''ghost'' to a bug and post what you think...

EDIT--------------

There is no bed in that entire video, his feet are not sticking out of anywhere. The boy was smiling and not scared.

[edit on 9-1-2007 by Tiloke]

i don't know if it's a bug but i agree with you. i noticed the "ghost" or blurriness at the start of the video. maybe some type of clear filter with an image on it or video editing i guess?

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 03:06 PM
link   
The "clear filter with an image " is a definate possibility. I was only speculating that it is a bug. Whatever it is though, it is VERY small and VERY close to the camera. For some reason its easier to see if you concentrate on the mirrored closet door.

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 03:06 PM
link   
just watched again and it's a scottish terrier or a black terrier of some type. play it frame by frame and you'll see it. good call on the dog whoever said that first.

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 03:08 PM
link   
i think that's a couch in the other room next to the dooway and the dog jumps down off of it after the kid. still, something is blurring the camera like you said.

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 04:33 PM
link   
I'de say it was a bug too.
It seems very close to the lense giving it that blurred look.Its leg or wing is visable before the kid starts running.
Maybe the childs running disturbs it?

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tiloke
Ive watched the video over and ove and over again. I think I know what it is.

If you look carefully you can see the "ghost" before you se the child in the doorway. When the Child runs through the door, the Ghost stays between him and the camera. NO part of the "ghost" ever is obscured by the boy. I think its a bug on the lense of the camera. The camera cant focus on the bug so it appears as a blurry semi-transpaerent "form".

The human brain will try to make the best sense of what it sees. If you don't know what you'r looking at than it can seem pretty strange. Watch the video again while comparing the ''ghost'' to a bug and post what you think...

EDIT--------------

There is no bed in that entire video, his feet are not sticking out of anywhere. The boy was smiling and not scared.

[edit on 9-1-2007 by Tiloke]

Yep I think thats reasonable. If you look just before the lad runs through the door you can see it is already there in shot. As it is already in shot, if it were a "ghost" in the doorway that the lad was terrified of, would he run towards and through it? Is movement does look like some kinda bug (Unidentified Flying Object :lol
walking on the lense.

I don't see where people get that he is "terrified", he sounds happy enough to me. I am sure many people out there with kids will identify a happy, over the top performance by a child playing to camera.
Do you people know what a child sounds like?

Ack

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 08:59 PM
link   
I'd definitely agree with those saying it is a bug on the lens. The timing is surprisingly coincidental with a kid being chased, but it moves exactly like a fly or any other flying bug. Watch it with the idea of it being a bug scuttling on the lens and that becomes the best explanation. Much more plausible than this editing a golden retriever to be a ghost.

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 11:24 PM
link   
From just viewing the video a few times, my guess is that it's a dark cat or small dog. I'm guessing there is a dresser-type table next to the entrance that is obscured by darkness or the wall itself. The animal is on this table and when the child runs by it jumps off and chases after. It just looks the way it does because it's probably a black cat and its moving very fast- too fast for the camera to detail it well enough.

That's of course unless it is a ghost or a child-chasing alien!

posted on Jan, 10 2007 @ 03:46 AM
link   
That vid. Was totally LAMEOOO!!!!

posted on Jan, 10 2007 @ 04:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by SkyWay
I just hope that little guy wasn't home alone. He seemed terrified and did what many children do when they are terrified...he tried to hide under the bed.

Whatever that thing was that was chasing him...it's evil. It has to be to terrify children.

lol how could be home alone if someone was holding the camera?

and how do you know it was evil?

posted on Jan, 10 2007 @ 05:29 AM
link   
Before watching the video(s), I like to read the responses first. This way I am not biased with what it is being presented as .

After reading all the responses and watching the video, I can then surmise the best explanation for the video.

In doing this, the dog jumping down off a couch/chair or something and chasing the child seems to fit perfectly.

Small dogs, young ones especially, give chase when someone is running. This would coincide with the 'dog' joining in on the activity.

Now of course, there could have been a ghost chasing the little boy to begin with
, but I don't think that is shown in the video.

posted on Jan, 10 2007 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by malganis

Originally posted by SkyWay
I just hope that little guy wasn't home alone. He seemed terrified and did what many children do when they are terrified...he tried to hide under the bed.

Whatever that thing was that was chasing him...it's evil. It has to be to terrify children.

lol how could be home alone if someone was holding the camera?

I figured it was an automated home monitor.

and how do you know it was evil?

Because the child seemed to be running away from it. But now that I look at the video again I realize he may just have been running in play. I don't know about others viewing this video, but the clip I am viewing is very blurry so any conclusions have to be tentative.

[edit on 10-1-2007 by SkyWay]

posted on Jan, 10 2007 @ 08:58 AM
link   
I think the kid is playing with the animal all along and is getting a charge out of it chasing him around the house.

I also believe there may be an insect on the lense at the beginning. So, we have our ghost, an insect and a dog.

posted on Jan, 10 2007 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Watch it several times, I think it is a dog or cat blurred. Just can't seem to see what its jumping off of.

posted on Jan, 10 2007 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Its a dog haunting the hause. ooooooooooooooooooohh my god!

posted on Jan, 10 2007 @ 10:46 AM
link   
You have voted Tiloke for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have two more votes this month.

Tiloke, you nailed it. Without question this is a bug on the lens.

EDIT: To add a bit more for clarification of the evidence.

The bug on the lens is moving very jerky, like I would expect a spider to appear at that angle.

[edit on 10-1-2007 by HankMcCoy]

posted on Jan, 10 2007 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Yaaaay ,My first Wats vote...........ego boost!!!!
I could have used your help in THIS THREAD. I just know I was right.

[edit on 10-1-2007 by Tiloke]

posted on Jan, 10 2007 @ 12:29 PM
link   
I definitely agree with the bug theory. It's how a typical camera would record something so close to the lens. It even moves like a bug and it looks to me that there is a lighter colored translucent wing.

The boy was playing in a closet according to the story, and if you go with the idea that it's a pet, it would have to be a floating pet.
The dark mass appears to come from around the door in from the middle of it, not on the ground.

posted on Jan, 10 2007 @ 01:08 PM
link   
The jagger video plays a bit better on my machine.

Could be a bug - could be a dog or cat. The closet seems a bit 'deep', though - as if the kid is actually running full tilt through the doorway between a darkened room and a fully lit one.

IMO, what we're viewing is an odd anamoly caught on film, later viewed, thought to have an unusual 'ghostly' appearance and a bit of 'creep factor', then posted up as such to give others a little creepy feeling as well. I don't think we're looking at a ghost.

Due to lighting/refraction/focal length principles something was captured during a regular, routine, domestic family event. A story was spun around the clip when it 'looked' weird. I favor the jumpin pet theory over the bug-on-lens one simply because after many viewings the figure simply struck me as jumping or bounding down from above left in the manner similar to that of a pet dog or cat - perhaps in playful pursuit of the boy (who, by the way, does not look or act even slightly in fear).

Unfortunately, our chance of getting a look at the rest of this film is unlikely. We would have a bit more evidence to analyze if we could see, e.g., the rest of the room, the film sequence before the boy ran through the doorway, the film sequence after the boy ran into the room, a pan shot perhaps showing other objects/lighting/reflective surfaces - a small cat sitting on a dresser perhaps, some testimony from the family: do you have any pets? Can you provide the whole film?

These things are missing because they don't support the 'story' - as the title suggests, "ghost". All non-ghost collaborating evidence is 'unavailable', of course.

entertaining, creepy the first couple of times you view it perhaps (which was the intent, I think) - but a ghost? nah.....

top topics

<< 1   >>

join