It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What does it feel like to be a US citizen?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2007 @ 01:09 PM
link   
The states with more firearms are also outstandingly prominent when it comes to murder rates... Even though it hurts in your heart, it is a good thing...like eating vegetables sort of.

I bet it was either a fully automatic 9mm or an assult rifle.

posted on Jan, 16 2007 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Raud
What does it feel like to be a US citizen?

Pretty darn great! I wouldn't trade it for any other country in the world. The USA has it's problems, but I'll take our problems over the problems of other countries ANY day.

I thank God that I'm an American all the time.

posted on Jan, 16 2007 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Hello there...

What does it feel like to be under the rule of the US-goverment?
I mean with all the lies and stuff you have to put up with?

Now, there's a nice sincere unbiased question (sarcasm intended).

I'll tell you Raud, as an American and a person I feel all of the following:

proud
ashamed
motivated
overwhelmed
lucky
anxious
thankful
angry
sorrowful
suspicious
inspired
spitting mad
very happy

Don't know what country you live in Raud, but don't you experience all of these feelings from time to time? Why the special concern for how Americans feel?

posted on Jan, 16 2007 @ 10:05 PM
link   
darkbluesky, I have the same list than you but but I like to add paranoid and proud to the list.
The only thing I don't like being a American is that it feels like everyone else hates you cause you are one. But who cares, we have the power to kill everyone on the planet if we really wanted too, its called nukes, unlimited military budget and the worlds leader of secret spy planes and projects.

[edit on 16-1-2007 by Files]

posted on Jan, 17 2007 @ 03:21 PM
link   
OK. Nevermind. I know what it feels like to be a non-US citizen anyway; great. No wars man, only peace, that is all that matters.

You can stop answering now, I got the idea.

posted on Jan, 19 2007 @ 11:56 PM
link   
I love being a US citizen. Regardless of all that junk going on now, i'm proud to be an American!

posted on Jan, 20 2007 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by nextguyinline
IMO, this is the ONE country that may never see a tyranical rule. At least a full blown one—men and women will always try, it's inherent. Anyway's, underneath all the glutiny, excess and abuse, lies a thread of understanding among Americans, that is just non-existant elsewhere. I hate to use the movie, but the passion behind this movie is exactly what I'm talking about. "Red Dawn"

You have voted nextguyinline for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have one more vote left for this month.

You sir are now my ATS hero! Of course my real life hero still remains as John Milius.

On Topic: Your absolutley right, there is a sence of distrust of authority in America that will keep it from falling into tyranny for many years. Although i would caution against thinking it could never fall into tyranny. Take for instance Rome, they had this same mistrust for kings and then ended up with emporers. Although I dont think things are as bad here and many would make them seem. If you want to see American freedom of speech, just watch American Comedians. Lambasting our leaders is almost sport here in America.

Now look at the NH guy that refuses to pay his taxes, people think Americans wouldnt fight for their 2nd amendment rights yet we are already starting to see a militia build around a guy that doesnt want to pay taxes. No Americans pretty much distrust any government.

BTW I have always felt I being an American has won the lottery of Life, good analogy.

posted on Jan, 20 2007 @ 01:22 AM
link   

OK. Nevermind. I know what it feels like to be a non-US citizen anyway; great. No wars man, only peace, that is all that matters.

You can stop answering now, I got the idea.

Yeah....we all know that there is no war or famine or injustice or crime in any other country in the world except America!! China, Rwanda, Russia, South Africa, Iran, North Korea, Afghanistan, Mexico, Columbia, all perfect utopia's, no death or corruption, nothing short of peace, love, and understanding with butterflies and puppy dogs everywhere - wow America really IS a terrible place indeed

Please note the biting sarcasm as I hope it isn't wasted on you. Good luck with the whole America bashing thing !!

*EDITED to remove hostile comments*

[edit on 20-1-2007 by BlackOps719]

posted on Jan, 20 2007 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Yeah, yeah, no sarcasm wasted. Too bad I am too paranoid to reveal my own nationality.

But as mentioned, the casue for the uprising of militias and fear of "gun control" indicated a grave distrust for the goverment. I mean, where I'm from (
) we are not allowed to keep guns at any significant extent and we are all happy about that. We don't (as far as I've know throughout my life) fear that if we are not allowed to keep a CAR-15 in our closet, the goverment won't have a problem "taking over" or whatever.

I know this whole topic was a bit mis-guided, but so far I am happy that no one flamed me at least. It's just that as a CT, I get the feeling that a very large majority of the theories are sprung out of the USA and that raised the question in my mind; "aren't they supposed to be more pissed off than they seem to be?" I've got feelings of mass-propaganda and disinfo infect many parts of the US, especially the shool-system (which, according to me is a hit below the belt). -BUT- on the other hand, I am as affected about propaganda I guess, and I have never been to the US so maybe I should just shut up about it... But are you aware of the global anti-US campaign going on? Waving with a US-passport is no longer a ticet to the fast-lane anymore if you catch my drift (no demeaning intended, please take it like an adult
)

Anyway, always good to hear what the general oppinion is like. If you'd like to post some more on this thread, go on, I'll read it. I know you want to you patriotic bastards!

Peace man, pleeeaaase!

[edit on 20-1-2007 by Raud]

posted on Jan, 20 2007 @ 10:53 PM
link   
IT FEELS PRETTY DAMN GOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You can act like your government is telling you everything. You can act like you know all the secrets that your military is doing. You are lieing to yourself.

What i would really like to know is how does it feel to not be a US Citizen???

You guys are always whining about us until someone kicks your door in and claims your land as theirs. Then and only then you love us. But as soon as we giving you back your land, you go back to crying how evil the UNITED STATES OF AMERICA is. Or better yet you moan how you can't feed your people or can't afford to survive after some great disaster. WHO is always the first guy at your door, saying HERE TAKE THIS, HOPE IT HELPS.

posted on Jan, 20 2007 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Raud,

If I believed that even half of the things that you mention in your initial post were actually going on, I would probably move or shoot myself. I was in the military and I now work, as kind of an outsider, in the media. Let me tell you with personal knowledge, that everyone I met in both instances are decent people. I'm not claiming that there aren't donkeys in either institution, but I never met anyone who was trying to push an agenda or undermine the public. Everyone I met was honestly trying to do the job that they were being paid to do to the best of their abilities.

That being said, I keep an open mind on the possibility of nefarious people trying to undermine my liberties and lying to me. Constant Vigilence is important.

Finally, being an American is awesome. I don't have to be paranoid about posting where I'm from (Texas) because I live in a free country. Sure I have to keep an eye on my government at all times; and maybe I can't personally vote for my president (not an electoral college voter), but I can voter for my congressman, senator, governor, judges etc., etc., etc. All those people put checks on whoever is voted into the White House. Even though this president seems to be taking things too far for my taste, it will get sorted out according to our laws. It's great to be a Florida Gator and it's great to be an American.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join