It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Book Returned To Library 47 Years Late

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 07:46 AM
link   
A man checked out a book from the local library for a ninth grade assignment. However the book became misplace. Until it surfaced forth seven years later. As fate has it, he decided it was time to return the book to the library. And for those of you who are wondering about the late fees for a book forth seven years over due???? On hundred seventy-one dallers and thirty-two cents. The man in question teaches seventh grade. But one must wonder how he will exsplain to his students that he had a library book for forth seven years, and never actually managed to finish reading it.

Nuranen said his mother misplaced the copy of 'Prince of Egypt' while cleaning the house. The family came across it every so often, only to set it aside again. He found it last week while looking through a box in the attic.

'I figured I'd better get it in before we waited another 10 years,' he said after turning it in Friday with the $171.32 check. 'Fifty-seven years would be embarrassing.'

assosiated press

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 10:53 PM
link   
I took two books back to the library last week. I thought they were due back the 4th but they were due the 2nd. I have never been late returning books and I was one day late. I had change in my pocket for the overdue fee. I gave him the books and he kept looking at the computer. He finally held the books up and said, are these your books? I looked at him funny and said Yeeeesss...because he knew they were, they were the only books between me, him and the computer. He said, you didn't check these books out. I said, yes I did, the receipt is still in one of them because I want to check it back out again, I haven't finished reading it. He seemed annoyed at who ever checked them out...but if it spit out a receipt, they did it correctly, right? Anyway, I didn't owe a late fee.

posted on Jan, 12 2007 @ 04:14 AM
link   
Thanks for offering the story Spyder Lady.
And am glad you did not have to pay a late fee.
smile

posted on Jan, 12 2007 @ 01:44 PM
link   
$171.32 seems pretty cheap for 47 years overdue.

I'm the Queen of Late Fees at my library. Just yesterday, I paid them $80.85.

posted on Jan, 12 2007 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Duzey

I'm the Queen of Late Fees at my library. Just yesterday, I paid them $80.85.

I don't know what the late fees are where the book was taking back to. I think it is five cents a day hear. One dollar a day for movies, the movies top out at ten dollars. But eight dollars in late fees wow! I truly do hope you don't pay that much to often. But on the other hand, I would guess the people who run the library are very pleased to have you as a user.
smile

posted on Jan, 13 2007 @ 03:17 AM
link   
$80.85 was a new personal record in late fees. I topped my previous total of $53.50.

The librarian usually looks scared before they give me the total, I guess they expect me to freak out. I just laugh and tell them to buy me some new books and I'm here to support the library system.

posted on Jan, 13 2007 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Duzey
The librarian usually looks scared before they give me the total, I guess they expect me to freak out. I just laugh and tell them to buy me some new books and I'm here to support the library system.

Yes I was thinking the librarian would like to see you because they probably look at it as you do support the library. However it would be interesting the next time you go in to ask them what the record late fee is. If you hold the current record maby you could have your name put up on a bulletin board or something.

new topics

top topics

join