It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"You've got mail"-Terror Alert

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 06:27 AM
link   
Wow,

Now you can get the Terror threat levels automatically via E-mail.

Terror Alerts Online

Internet users will be able to register on the MI5 website to receive automatic electronic updates notifying them of any change to the threat level

I wonder how many people will take advantage of this, terrorists included.

Currently, the threat level is assessed as "severe" - the second highest rating in the the Government's five-tier system, meaning that an attack is considered "highly likely".

I wonder if the other countries will be offering this feature in the near future.

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Interesting, but what's the big deal? You can now just go on their website to find out the terror alert level, so not much difference. I can see this being useful for news outlets, etc to be informed asap if something is going on.

But, still, what's the big deal?

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Amazing! now I know when to feel scared, very scared or just meagre paranoid; and all at the click of an email button; how convenient is that?
Those terror alerts are like a yoyo; whenever the Bush administrations support is up the threats is down, but when Bush is facing difficult times in Iraq the CIA always learns that the terrorists are working hard at work to deliver the Republicans yet another massive election victory (however unwittingly).

It’s a shame they didn’t have those terror alerts before September the 11th. Had they I'm sure the American people would be so scared nobody would have turned up to work that day. In fact the streets would be empty, the airports would be carrying nothing but oxygen and all of London would have been closed (just in case).
But that’s hindsight for you isn’t it?

Personally I think there should be a new level. Called “Iraq Level” it would be a sort of “we’re not kidding this time” way of telling the public, that they should cancel work, go home, bring out the beer, and watch Fox News (or cartoon network if your the president).
But till we get such a warning system; and one which will protect us from real terrorists (like my boss who would explode if I didn’t turn up to work because of something I’d seen on TV) then I'm afraid I’ll be storing any such emails in the Junk Mail section.

My biggest question is why whoever thought of terror alert system didn’t think them worthy enough to send by email in the first place.

[edit on 090705 by Liberal1984]

posted on Jan, 10 2007 @ 06:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by sensfan
Interesting, but what's the big deal? You can now just go on their website to find out the terror alert level, so not much difference. I can see this being useful for news outlets, etc to be informed asap if something is going on.

But, still, what's the big deal?

Yes, you can go to their website and find out, but if something happened immediately after you left the website....

I'm not saying its a big deal, it's probably just a 'Gov't implemented Terror Factory'. But... I'm thinking more of the people who sit in front of a computer all day, with no news or updates. Could be a useful tool.

If you rec'd the email stating highest terror threat, it may start you thinking. ( all gov't conspiracies aside ).

new topics

top topics

join