It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Questions ON IE7

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 05:37 AM
link   
I put IE7 on my 'puter mainly for the tabbed browsing feature. Works OK, but I have a couple questions:

How do I stop it from going to the about:blank page when I create a new tab? Clicking on "home" takes me to my desired home page, google, but how do I get rid of the about:blank page?

Where the hell is the History button?

I'm not overly impressed with the task bars on this pony, either.

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 05:53 AM
link   
I'm not sure that you Can get rid of the about:blank on new tabs, I just click new tab and then the home icon.

As for history, it's under "tools" --> "toolbars" --> "history"

Hope this helps

Edn

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 07:45 AM
link   

jsobecky

I put IE7 on my 'puter mainly for the tabbed browsing feature.

lol sorry I had to have a giggle at that, yes there stolen tab browsing feature is good, i've been using it for years.

why are you creating blank tabs in the first place? You should (if they copied the feature from Fx and opera exactly) be able to open new links by pressing the middle mouse button.

If your clicking file -> new tab its going to go to about:blank because it has no where else to go, its a blank tab hence the location it opens about:blank

I suggest trying out Firefox or Opera, IE7 may look a little better and have new 'features' but it still has the same problems as ie6 plus Firefox and Opera are just better :p

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Edn

jsobecky

I put IE7 on my 'puter mainly for the tabbed browsing feature.

lol sorry I had to have a giggle at that, yes there stolen tab browsing feature is good, i've been using it for years.

why are you creating blank tabs in the first place? You should (if they copied the feature from Fx and opera exactly) be able to open new links by pressing the middle mouse button.

What??? You mean it's not their own new idea??

I create a new window by clicking on the tab-corner provided. I would have expected it to goto my default home page, google.com. But it gives me a blank page.

And I don't have a middle mouse button. Left, right, and a scroll wheel.

I suggest trying out Firefox or Opera, IE7 may look a little better and have new 'features' but it still has the same problems as ie6 plus Firefox and Opera are just better :p

No argument here. I probably will sometime in the future. But I have heard that some things require IEx to run - do you know if that's true?

Edit: Thanks, 12m8, for the history thingy.

[edit on 9-1-2007 by jsobecky]

[edit on 9-1-2007 by jsobecky]

Edn

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky

No argument here. I probably will sometime in the future. But I have heard that some things require IEx to run - do you know if that's true?

Unfortunately that is correct, however its only a problem if you use microsofts windows update web page thing or something with activeX which is potentially dangerous anyway. Firefox does however have an extension to switch to IE's render engine without opening IE. which is also another thing I like about Fx it has extensions for just about everything imaginable.

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 01:11 PM
link   
I just figured out the history thing yesterday.

To change the tabs opening as blank pages go to Tools and open your Internet Options. There should be a new option under General for Tabs. Hit Settings and choose the "open new tabs with home page instead of blank page" option.

I have both FF and IE loaded, I just use them for different things.

[edit on 9-1-2007 by Duzey]

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Duzey, you're a doll! Thanks. And thanks to Edn, also for all the info.

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 11:44 PM
link   
You're very welcome.

PS. That quote in your sig - wasn't it Ronald Reagan who said that?

posted on Jan, 10 2007 @ 04:54 AM
link   
Yes, he did say it, but I'm thinking he took the quote from someone else.

posted on Jan, 15 2007 @ 09:28 PM
link   
thanks Duzey.
I've been using IE7 for months and have always been annoyed by new tab going to a blank page thing...so thank you.

BTW, I also use both IE7 & FF2. IE7 is my default though, I just like it better.

new topics

top topics

join