It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This one is for the sceptics

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 04:36 AM
link   
Okay, close encounters is 30 years old now, it seems the first, second and third kind are becomming less well known. Is there a new scale we should adopt?

IE:
Level 1 :
Sighting by witness, no physical evidence - to be discounted unless accompanied by level 2 or 3 activity (see below)

Level 2 :
Sighting by witness with blurry fuzzy or non descript physical/ photo /audio evidence - to be discounted unless proven beyond a shadow of a doubt my MAJORITY of experts that said evidence is real, not just one or two experts.

Level 3 :
3 scouces for Level 2 taking place AT THE SAME TIME plus verication from police, emergency services, air traffic control, NASA or another relevant equivalent in the EU or former Soviet Union (NOT PRAVDA)

Level 4 :
High definition video that prooves authentic and not tampered with, government disclosure, mass sighting by more than 500 people with at least 5 scources from Level 3.

Level 5:
"Holy S**T they are real and they've started______ the crap out of the white house" with 6 scouces of level 4 evidence.

This seems to weed the fraudsters out of Australian welfare and false drivers licenses, maybe it will weed out the "DUDE LOOK UP!!!! My first UFO!!!" posts and return the board to normal rather than the usual "See that pixelated square!! Dude!! Reptillian!!""this picture of our meat works taken 35 years ago is a high tech alien clone lab!! I'ts level 5 man....Whhhhooooaaaaa!" , etc

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 04:51 AM
link   
Nobody likes this setup? Lotsa views no comment. hmm

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 05:03 AM
link   
Damn! Spelling! SOURCES!!!!! ARRRRGH

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 05:18 AM
link   
I agree that satellite or venus sightings or evil christian women eating lizard stories are annoying but i don't think a scale will stop them from being posted

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 05:39 AM
link   
Hehe I like this idea.

Has a kinda military feel to it.

"Sir we have had several level 4 sightings reported and a two level 6's in the last week!!!?"

You got my vote mate =)

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 08:18 AM
link   
I have an akin with the main post:

One carrier is at the middle of the Pacific
Suddenly a whale hits the keel of the ship and started flooding with water.
The First officer sais to captain.
''Level 1 is overwhelmed with sea-water, we should raise the alarm''
''No''
''Level 2 is overwhelmed with saline water, we should muster everyone at deck''
''No''
''Level 3 is flooded with saline water, we should start releasing the boats''
''OK''
''Level 4 is under sea surface, captain, I've forgotten it, our ship has no boats. We should initiate alternative rescue methods''
''Ok''
''Level 5 is sunked, we are too late, captain''
''ooohh Noo''

Notice the parallelism of captain with the skeptists
Only the last moment they realise the grim situation. Unfortunatelly, it is too late

top topics

join