It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Free Iraq, Bomb Iran?! Can we only win in Iraq if we kick the Iranian leadership out?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Low Orbit
Iran would never play "our game" because they know as does every other country on this planet that they would lose.

But Iran doesn't have to avoid losing to make us lose too. If Iran gets tarred and feathered, but takes down oil logistics in the gulf almost completely for a span of months or more, everyone loses and we're screwed way more than it's worth. They have the sheer quanitity of missiles to potentially threaten that oil infrastructure.

We're playing kid-gloves with them for some reason, and that's the best explanation I can come up with, other than the very possible idea that we either want to lose or that George Bush has the worlds' first case of contageous mental retardation.

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Everything has a counter effect and so I don't think an attack on the oil supplies would be that bad. Sure it would be awful short term, gas prices would sky rocket, it could cause mass inflation however that inflated market would allow newcomers to enter the market quicker than normal, so if gas sky rockets, more of us will go alternative energies and demand would turn, a bit from oil.

Maybe this is G Dubya's Environmental Policy, lol!? War in the Middle East = High Oil Prices = Search for Alternative Fuels?

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 05:35 PM
link   
I think you may be underestimating the damage that would be done by an oil cutoff like that. 5 months worth of trouble in '73 spiked the price of crude almost 400% and triggered a recession.

Iran just isn't worth the trouble of 200 or 300 dollar a barrel oil, which though it would be a worst case scenario, isn't impossible given Iran's massive store of missiles.

As for our response helping... we started several initiatives in '73, and we're still dependent.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join