It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Roswell Dig Scheduled....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2002 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Archeologists Look for UFO at Famed Roswell Site
Sat Nov 16, 8:49 AM ET Add Science - Reuters to My Yahoo!

By Zelie Pollon

ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico (Reuters) - In trying to unravel a mystery that may involve the war of the worlds, cable TV's SCI FI Channel has turned to a group of educated men and women with shovels and set them loose on the southern New Mexico desert.

In an effort to verify once and for all whether a UFO crash-landed in New Mexico more than 50 years ago, the cable TV channel sent a team of archeologists to conduct an in-depth study of the legendary crash site.

And just like the alleged government conspiracy by those who say aliens landed near Roswell, New Mexico, the results of the scientific study are top secret. That is until Nov. 22, when SCI FI airs "The Roswell Crash: Startling New Evidence," which will include what network representatives are calling a "smoking gun."

Until then believers and debunkers will just have to wait, said Bill Doleman, the principal investigator with the University of New Mexico archeology team.

Doleman, along with three other archeologists and six volunteers were hired by the SCI FI Channel to conduct the research, which took place over 10 days last September.

"We found things -- some things I still don't know what they are -- but they surprised me," Doleman said, reiterating his confidentiality agreement with SCI FI.

SCI FI representatives say the program promises never- before-seen eyewitness interviews, late-breaking revelations and a "smoking gun bombshell," which does not necessarily coincide with the archeological findings.

"The smoking gun is fascinating and compelling. It's going to raise a lot of questions afterwards," said Thomas Vitale, a senior vice president of programming at the SCI FI Channel.

The supposed crash of an alien ship in Roswell on July 3, 1947 has become legendary. According to some accounts, the ship crashed in an empty field with several aliens on board. Witnesses claim to have seen extraterrestrial beings, which were taken away by military personnel never to be seen again.

Those who believe an alien craft landed are adamant the incident involves a huge government cover-up. The government, in turn, says the incident involved a weather balloon and the accounts of aliens comes from anti-military conspirators.

Doleman says his team was directed to use purely scientific methods, such as geophysical prospecting and archeological testing of anomalies, to find any evidence of a crash.

They primarily investigated what is called the "skip site," the second site of impact where the craft supposedly spewed debris before skipping 17-25 miles away to its final crash site.

"We weren't out there to bunk or debunk. We were just scientists using scientific methods," he said.

Along with evidence found at the scene, the "smoking gun evidence sheds light on government truthfulness about this whole event," Vitale said. ((Dallas Bureau +1 972 980-4192, [email protected])

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 02:35 PM
link   
I know this thread is over 2 years old, but what actualy were the conclusions this show came too? What was the smoking gun?

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 02:44 PM
link   
The "Smoking Gun" was the Ramey memo...and yes, it does raise some interesting questions, and is a fairly solid piece of evidence in and of itself...

I'd suggest a search if you're unfamiliar with the Ramey Memo....to learn more. In essence, when they digitally blew up the photo of Ramey and Marcell with the phony balloon debris, they realized they could make out a lot of the memo in General Ramey's hand, and it has words such as "victims", "disc", "recover", etc. very visibly.

The dig didn't turn up anything. After all, apart from the days the military had to recover the debris, they likely had even weeks longer as it was pretty much in the middle of nowhere....and Brazel was fully cooperating.

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok

The dig didn't turn up anything.

This is what I have a problem with.

Its hard to believe that EVERY SCRAP of material was taken by the Government.

Doesn't prove anything one way or the other but it is IMO a mark in the Minus column

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Well, like Gazrok said, they likely had as much time as needed to clean up and sanitize the area since it was a remote location and Mac Brazel was alledgedly coerced into cooperating.

Really isnt hard for me to believe at all. And who knows what methods the military could have used to clean up the debris. Especially given the seriousness of the circumstance.

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 03:18 PM
link   
When something crashes, little bits of it tend to go all over the place, right? I'm sure lots of people have looked for some such piece of debris. But you won't find any.

A couple years after the incident, other people figured that out also (not everyone in the government or military is stupid). I know someone who was part of a detail that came in with bulldozers to the site. He said the top two feet of dirt all around the crash site was scooped up and hauled away. Of course, nobody every said why.

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by MichiKami

A couple years after the incident, other people figured that out also (not everyone in the government or military is stupid). I know someone who was part of a detail that came in with bulldozers to the site. He said the top two feet of dirt all around the crash site was scooped up and hauled away. Of course, nobody every said why.

Hmm...if true, that's an interesting point of the Roswell story.

Got any links to official documentation to prove that? Or can you give somemore info on your friend that told you about this?

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 03:58 PM
link   
He's actually correct... They removed a lot of the soil from the area in dump trucks... Seems a bit extreme for a balloon pickup, hehe...

I'm actually on page 3 of a rather lengthy post writeup of Roswell, and so far, I'm just blowing open the USAF Case Closed report... I'll get to the recovery though...and try to find some good support for that, as I can't recall where I heard it offhand....

When something crashes, little bits of it tend to go all over the place, right? I'm sure lots of people have looked for some such piece of debris. But you won't find any.

Well, there is NO question that something crashed...just a matter of WHAT crashed...
Even the military admits a crash...

As a funny sidenote, they DID find some balloon fragments out there, hehe...
However, these were neoprene, so came from tests done years after Roswell...

As I mentioned, they had Brazel's cooperation (that new Red pickup sure helped) and ample time to get everything...

[edit on 15-2-2005 by Gazrok]

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 06:46 AM
link   
Here is a great article about this smoking gun : ufocasebook.com...

[edit on 16/2/2005 by Musclor]

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 07:15 AM
link   

I'm actually on page 3 of a rather lengthy post writeup of Roswell, and so far, I'm just blowing open the USAF Case Closed report... I'll get to the recovery though...and try to find some good support for that, as I can't recall where I heard it offhand....

Yes, please do post any interesting (or new) info you come across Gazrok.

I'm always interested in seeing what you turn up.

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 07:26 AM
link   
its intresting how much and how far wreckage gets scattered in a plane crash.....firstly you would need to establish the impact site (pretty much exactly) and then work outwards for a couple of k or perhaps further...i think only then would you stand any chance of un covering anything of intrest and probably not at all?
Am i right in saying some are of the thinking the downed roswell ufo was involved with a mid air collision with another ufo (thus the cause of it to crash) if this was true there may have been some fallen wreckage at another place or even a trail of it following the roswell ufo as it went down?
Cant imagine the U.S goverment overlooking this though?

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Apparently, it didn't break up quite like our craft would...the materials were extremely strong, so a compacted debris field isn't out of the question...

Yes, please do post any interesting (or new) info you come across Gazrok.

I'm always interested in seeing what you turn up.

Thanks!
The posts will be in multiple parts, and may be fairly long. I'm not really looking for too much in the way of feedback on them, but of course, it's always welcome. It's really just more of a way to collect and package some info in a series of posts. Maybe one of these days I'll do a book or something, hehe...

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 08:54 AM
link   
EDIT note, the balloon debris wasn't neoprene, but a more recent balloon material...

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 09:45 AM
link   

The posts will be in multiple parts, and may be fairly long. I'm not really looking for too much in the way of feedback on them, but of course, it's always welcome. It's really just more of a way to collect and package some info in a series of posts. Maybe one of these days I'll do a book or something, hehe...

Nice.

I'm still looking forward to seeing the result of that "project" you previously mentioned you were working on that would compile all the evidence on the UFO phenomenon that the government has released through the FOIA. If anyone I know can do it, I'm sure you're the guy.

Also, have you thought of starting a blog or online journal to chronicle all your findings? Might be a good idea to organize everything you have together on the net.

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 10:57 AM
link   

I'm still looking forward to seeing the result of that "project" you previously mentioned you were working on that would compile all the evidence on the UFO phenomenon that the government has released through the FOIA. If anyone I know can do it, I'm sure you're the guy.

Also, have you thought of starting a blog or online journal to chronicle all your findings? Might be a good idea to organize everything you have together on the net.

This Roswell post series (first one is now up by the way), will include some of that project. It's going to be a while before that project is done though, as thousands of documents take time to weed through to separate the relevant ones....and then organize them (as they are not arranged well on the FOIA site). I'm working on setting up an upstairs computer station to network with the one downstairs (so I don't bug my wife doing it, hehe...) and that'll help...

The blog idea is pretty good, though I'll likely just do a website posting info instead. That's actually a pretty good idea!
Plus, I can use it to keep track of the project status.

Another crimp on that is that I may be starting some online courses to get a higher degree, but still working on that one...

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 01:42 PM
link   

The "Smoking Gun" was the Ramey memo...and yes, it does raise some interesting questions, and is a fairly solid piece of evidence in and of itself...

I'd suggest a search if you're unfamiliar with the Ramey Memo....to learn more.

The dig didn't turn up anything. After all, apart from the days the military had to recover the debris, they likely had even weeks longer as it was pretty much in the middle of nowhere....and Brazel was fully cooperating.

Your great nbew thread explained that memo well. And its hardly suprising nothing was turned up, they had 50 years to clean the site up before this dig.

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 02:09 PM
link   
The memo almost deserves a thread itself (and has many btw), so I just alluded briefly to it. The words that CAN be made out there are unmistakable (not to mention virtually impossible to be any other words by the letters that are easily made out), and completely flabbergasting, to say the least...

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 02:46 PM
link   

He's actually correct... They removed a lot of the soil from the area in dump trucks... Seems a bit extreme for a balloon pickup, hehe...

It still seems strange to me that NOTHING can be found.

Dont get me wrong, I think Roswell may well be the "smoking gun" of UFO research but some of the things from BOTH sides of the argument puzzle me.

Whats sad is between the Government lying on one side and the Hoaxers on the other the truth will probably never be known for certain.

One thing I am sure of is whatever happened out there the Government has went a hell of a long ways to cover it up

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Meteor_of_War

Hmm...if true, that's an interesting point of the Roswell story.

Got any links to official documentation to prove that? Or can you give somemore info on your friend that told you about this?

He was part of the military guard detail surrounding the area while the removal was going on. I'll ask him again if there's anything more he can tell; I first heard of it many years ago. He's (obviously) getting old now, so maybe isn't going to be as protective of any interesting details I didn't hear before.

(I know these "somebody told me" stories are really weak, so thanks to Gazrok for the confirmation.)

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Ok, thanks MichiKami.

new topics

top topics

join