It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "Black Mailbox" may have been bugged!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2007 @ 11:54 PM
link   
This might possibly be a duplicate post (made by myself in another thread), but... i think it deserves its own thread. Here is what i posted.

Anyhow i'd also like to update everyone to my area 51 trip. I went there expecting to possibly see some lights and to be relatively safe while comfortably watching the show from my car all night long. We arrived around Racheal at about 7:30pm and almost immediatly passed the "black" mail box. It was strange i drove past it not knowing where the thing even was, and as I drove past I kept thinking isnt that the damn thing? Sure was after i saw all the words written all over it. We stopped there and watched the skys and video taped the moutains and the box. Now maybe i'm paranoid or insane or just plain curious i thought it would be interesting to bring out my "ghost" gear to test the box since it was so famous, easily accessible, and tied to the base. I brought out my gauss meter (emf meter) not expecting a damn thing to go off as we where in the middle of the desert. I ran it across the box, the top, the bottom, sides, but an interesting thing happened that still perplexes me. When i brought the meter near the LOCK on the back underside of the mail box, ..... it went off! I tested it for the next 10 minutes and no where else on the mailbox was there any sort of electrical field (as one would expect) however when i brought it near the rear lock hidden on the back side of the box... BEEP BEEP BEEPPPP... I thought this was definatly something curious and that possibly no one has ever tested before. We then went to the town of rachaeal and ate at the AlieInn. I brought the lock topic up to the girl working there, and she told me something interesting. She said the lock on the FRONT of the mailbox is supplied by the rancher Steve, so that no one would steal his mail, however (and this is where it gets interesting), she said the lock on the back side of the box was placed there by the Postal office, and that even the rancher himself does not have the key to it. Maybe i'm paranoid or insane after the earlier event, but this is what i found. In other words I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that the rear lock might possibly be bugged somehow or at least it is trasmitting a weak electrical signal and i'm not aware that any normal hardware lock produces any electrical field. Later this evening I will post my camo dudes experience, but i wanted to put this out there before i forget, as I think it is a semi interesting find if validated to be true.

[edit on 9-1-2007 by hiii_98]

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 02:50 AM
link   
a few issues :

1 - the owner and PO having seperate acess locks for a PO box / mail box are not uncommon

it means that if one party looses its key - they can simply cut off the lock and replace it - without needing to contact the other

2 - what possible data could a bugged lock on a mail box in such a remote location povide ??

3 - pictures ? the person went on a trip at A51 and took a gauss meter , but no camera ??????????

4 - "keyless " magnetic locks do exist - a description of exact propeties of the lock would have helped

5 - was the mail box " plated " ie galvasised or zinc coated ? was it wet ?

the reason i ask is because dissimilar metals can produce a weak electric current , just by contact . it is how galvanitic anodes work

PS - you are being overly paranoid

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 03:20 AM
link   

the reason i ask is because dissimilar metals can produce a weak electric current , just by contact . it is how galvanitic anodes work

PS - you are being overly paranoid

that could very possibly be it.

However the other front lock did not report a charge, and yes i have plenty of pictures of me near the base and Racheal, but not of me holding the guass meter as it was late at night when i ran the test.

Also unless you've camped out .next to the border ALL NIGHT LONG ...ALONE, i think you'll quickly learn the meaning of "being paranoid" and having a overtly obvious purest sense of being aggressivly intimidated and watched. Is it so far fetched to think even the box itself is bugged when almost every so many feet of that *PUBLIC LAND* IS bugged with sensors both above ground and below?!?

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 06:30 AM
link   
Strange but I dont think its anything to get alarmed by.

As ignorant ape said there is absolutely no reason to have a bug in the mailbox. It may be a popular meeting place but I cant see what useful data they would be trying to collect. And surely if they did want to bug the mailbox area they wouldn't put it in a place where a member of the public will find it.

I think this is most probably caused by something magnetic in the lock.

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 12:26 PM
link   

I think this is most probably caused by something magnetic in the lock.
The explination sounds plausable to me. I just wish the front lock had the same reaction. I only wanted to put this out there as a interesting piece of information that could be supported by a future visitor to the box. Also the night we went the camo dudes have a very accute interest in that area. For the majority of the night i went they sat at that exact area. They even got out and examined the grounds where we ourselves had left the vechicle. So sorry if it turns out to be nothing, i was alittle hesitant to post this discovery.

video of box

top topics

join