It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

how to stop global warming, ideas welcome

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Well Stopping it cold isn't gonna happen. We've already gone too far. Though we could lengthen the process by fixing a few things that are really contributing to the greenhouse effect. Case in point

Coal Fires (burning for years)

there must be soem way of kill those fires. Halon Bombs, with charges to seal the caverns up . Who knows.. Thought chinese mine fires push out about 360 million tons of carbon dioxide into the atmosphere, as much as all the cars and light trucks in the United States. Thats alot of CO2.

-Aza

posted on Jan, 10 2007 @ 05:12 AM
link   
This idea will prolly get blammed but what if we used our Nuclear weapons to blow wholes in the atmosphere so the greenhouse gasses could get sucked into space, or is this just a dumb idea? Oh and plant alot more trees, but that would prolly have a minimal effect.

[edit on 10-1-2007 by cuda]

posted on Jan, 10 2007 @ 05:57 AM
link   
Assuming that carbon emissions are the main problem, and that temperatures will continue to rise as predicted until such time as emissions drop, then we have 2 options:-

1) Thermonuclear war.
2) Global pandemic with high mortality rate.

A large meteorite impact or a super volcano eruption would also work but we have less control over them.

If you think we can reduce our carbon emission sufficently to make a difference, try getting everyone in your town to half their use of motorised transport and half their electricity and gas consumption. And then try to do the same with everyone in China .....

posted on Jan, 10 2007 @ 09:11 AM
link   
overpopulation could definetly be a factor now. Carbon Dioxide is supposed to be kept in check by our own environment. Trees--ones that we are cutting faster than we can re-plant them. I'm not a tree-hugger, but the fact that we are turning every scrap of land we can find into a huge condo housing development. I lived in California, and there are so many people so close together, all of these are contributing factors. What if we imposed child limits like China?

Sounds like a dumb idea, but it's just a thought.

posted on Jan, 10 2007 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Carbon Dioxide has an atmospheric concentration of about 0.04%. Carbon dioxide is a combustion byproduct. On average there are a few byproducts of combustion: water, carbon monoxide and carbon dioxide and some soot. If you burn hydrocarbon fuels, you will produce CO and CO2.

You have to have a byproduct containing carbon. The law of conservation and first rule of thermodynamics. It is this simple: If you want to reduce CO2 emmissions, you must reduce combustion. The only way to do this short of not running an engine, is to create an engine that wastes less heat than current engines, and good luck with that.

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 04:54 PM
link   
i must say i am kinda partial to esoteric teacher here, with the boycotts and all

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 05:00 PM
link   
come on folks dont let this thread die...

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Here's a thread I started a while back with some Idea's that were proactive:

www.abovetopsecret.com...&flagit=266382

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by skyblueff0
EMP BOMB the whole world!! Then no one could pollute....I'm just kidding, we just do is just blow up oil/gas company buildings to set and example not to pollute and through fear, people shall stop polluting.

Okay...lol...enough with the explosions...I think the first step is for everyone to acknowledge global warming exist. The 2nd step would be to create even stricter enviormental regulations and laws. I don't know the third step yet, but the first two are essential!!

Do you now how much electricity from a coal fired plant you consumed making those idiotic comments?

--------

Outside of complete nonsense and scifi rhetoric, can someone prove global warming?

[edit on 20-2-2007 by etotheitheta]

DSO

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 11:11 PM
link   
What do you think chem trails are for???

Infact there is some science to back up the theory that con trails do conteract the effects of global warming. It was in a NOVA episode a while ago.

[edit on 20-2-2007 by DSO]

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Read and sign up for this.

The site is being designed to measure your carbon footprint and reward those who leave the least environmental impact.

In most cases, doing the right thing means sacrificing something. Hopefully now we might get something in return for our noble efforts.

Check it out.

TJ11240

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 05:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by DSO
What do you think chem trails are for???

Infact there is some science to back up the theory that con trails do conteract the effects of global warming. It was in a NOVA episode a while ago.

[edit on 20-2-2007 by DSO]

On the contrary - high level clouds, including persistent contrails (which have become increasingly prevalent with increased air traffic in recent years) cause warming.

To reduce global warming, one of the things we need to do is reduce contrail formation.

Interestingly, air traffic is much heavier in the N Hemisphere than in the S Hemisphere. Guess which has seen by far the most warming?

posted on Feb, 24 2007 @ 07:08 PM
link   
I like the idea behind this thread and here is my suggestion;

Enviromental issues concern us all but there is solutions to most of the problems of polluting.
Trash to energy converters may end the need for landfills. The only by-products are an obsidian-like glass and a synthesis gas (a mixture of primarily hydrogen and carbon monoxide), at least in this converter;
www.popsci.com... (split in 5 pages)
and the first plasma-gasification plant will be build on Long Island, New York.
Such plants have existed for a while, at least as expriment plants, but with rising land prices, rising transportation cost and enviromental regulations this kind of plants is becoming more attractive. The plant in the artickle can dispose of the trash from one million people each day. This sounds great to me. It solves the trash problem (wich is part of the pollution going on)

Does anyone here have solution to other of our problems?

posted on Feb, 24 2007 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mysteri
this thread is devoted to the brainstorming of ideas to help save our planet. Personally i think the best and perhaps easiest way would be to just completly stop using oil altogether until we can come up with a better power source. Sure it would be taxing on the global economy but what is money when our entire planet is at stake here.

Sure, i mean you can be without eating for months and years meanwhile the starving scientists can try to come up with a new power sourse...

Then as you slowly starve to death, and meanwhile millions of people die not only from starvation but from unproper medical attention, the new power source is tested for years, meanwhile more people die and then after years of research we can start implementing this new power source.....

At the end, after 10-25 years, if scientists can come up with a new alternative source that soon and if they are not among the people dead, only a few thousand to 100,000 or so people might survive in the whole world, if they resorted to cannibalism since all production, process, and transportation of food ended 10-25 years ago....

At the end the people that would have survived would have resorted to cannibalism, there wouldn't be anyone alive with any medical problems, they would be the first to go, and most children if not all would be among the first to die also....

Great plan...

[edit on 24-2-2007 by Muaddib]

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 06:57 AM
link   
Here's an idea... kick-start the ice-age, by blowing off a big chunk off of the Antarctic. Go underground and be forced to produce a better source of energy. Everybody wants to prevent global warming and the coming ice-age... why not just start it and get it over with, humans can survive mostly anything.

Sounds stupid, doesn't it? I see it this way, the human race cannot survive with some form of sacrifice.

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 11:18 AM
link   
that sounds pretty wild and your avatar creeps me out

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mysteri
that sounds pretty wild and your avatar creeps me out

If this post was aimed at me... thanks.
That's why I like my avatar

Well why I said (what I posted before) was, why delay the inevitable? when people can let it pass? Personally... I think it can't be delayed nor stopped.

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Global warming>? THat is the best you can think?

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Soitenly

not cool man (or girl), the "hippies" as you have so crudely stated, saved the world in the '70's. I think we should do the same as they have, only, this time, without the acid trips.

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 08:03 PM
link   
maybe we should start with understanding this.......

Google Video Link

Peace....

[edit on 8/12/2008 by operation mindcrime]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join