It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shadow Ghouls. Are they friend or foe?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2007 @ 07:42 PM
link   
A friend of mine is a member to ATS.com and he's has had a pretty scary run-in with shadow ghouls. His story goes that one night when he was younger, he fell asleep with his radio on when he woke up sometime later and his radio mysteriously turned off. The whole room's lights flashed on and off and these black shapes ran across the room's ceiling and floor. He was deadlocked in terror and he just lay there completely frozen on his bed. As soon as it began, it stopped. The lights went out and the radio turned back on. He's told this story many times and he's convinced that shadow ghouls are the culprit. What do you know about shadow ghouls? Are they friendly or demonic? I await your posts.

posted on Jan, 8 2007 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Wiki on Shadow People

Have a read of that. It sheds a bit of light (excuse the pun) on the subject.

posted on Jan, 8 2007 @ 10:01 PM
link   
There are logical/rational reasons to explain to shadow people, but they don't apply to or explain everything- shadow people are still largely unexplained, i think there is probably also a paranormal element to them but i think it depends on the person and the situation.
I've seen shadow people myself, but only in specific locations (like at my last place, the flat) and they scared the hell out of me. If they are paranormal, i don't know if they are all bad though, but i think it depends on the feelings/emotions you get of the entity (for me it was absolute fear).

posted on Jan, 8 2007 @ 10:28 PM
link   
I have also encountered shadow people several times, as well as many ghost sightings.
Ghost often give me the creeps, but never give me the sense of immobolising terror that is always accompanied by a shadow person.
I have heard some people claim that shadow people are not dangerous and that it is the person who sights them that is responsible for the reaction - ie: fear of the unknown.
Screw that, I am going to trust my instincts on these things. They might not be able to cause physical harm, but I am absolutely certain that they would like to.
I have never encountered anything that terrified me so much.

posted on Jan, 8 2007 @ 10:30 PM
link   
It would stand to reason, anything that creeps you out, scares you, or frightens you is a bad thing......not a friend at all. Why would a friend want to scare you? If it were friendly it would show itself to you in a more subtle/calm manner.

See my encounter with a shadow demon in this thread:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 8 2007 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by ilandrahThey might not be able to cause physical harm, but I am absolutely certain that they would like to.

Absolutely!
This was the exact impression I was given also.
I think they're demons of some sort.

posted on Jan, 8 2007 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by ilandrah
I have also encountered shadow people several times, as well as many ghost sightings.
Ghost often give me the creeps, but never give me the sense of immobolising terror that is always accompanied by a shadow person.
I have heard some people claim that shadow people are not dangerous and that it is the person who sights them that is responsible for the reaction - ie: fear of the unknown.
Screw that, I am going to trust my instincts on these things. They might not be able to cause physical harm, but I am absolutely certain that they would like to.

I agree, if something terrifies you it can't be good- the fear i experienced with shadow people was a strong and terrifying and instinctive fear, like a fear of doom or something. The Shadow person/s that occupied my previous place made my life a misery there, they would often appear when i was trying to get the thoughts of my experiences with them out of my head.

posted on Jan, 8 2007 @ 11:20 PM
link   
It only happened to me once 11 years back, but it was enough to make a huge impression on me. It was real. It hit me when I was extremely, spiritually vulnerable.
I have placed tiny blessed crucifixes over all my windows and doors. I haven't had anything happen since.

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 01:39 AM
link   
Back in 2004 or 2005, I'm not quite sure I had ran into alot of them, during my "spiritual" height, but worldly matters caused me to be a few steps behind again, I'm getting there again though, so I'm happy.

Well, back when I was "spiritually" intuned to my surrounding, there was a span from 4-6 weeks where I kept seeing them, during those time span I saw around 6-7 shadows. From my experiences, shadows tend are just entites that sometime accidently phase in and out of our dimension, or it is curious and phase to our dimension. They take up various sames and forms.

For example I saw a shadow when I walked into my room after a shower one day, it took a form of a bird, it phased out of the wall, swooped down until it was under my desk and disappeared into the floor. The thing that was so interesting was I didn't catch it at the corner of my eyes, I saw it directly, but I couldn't get a good image of it, these buggers are fast.

Also based on my experience, they don't seem threating, it seems as though they are more timid and scared of us, then again all of the shadows I saw were no bigger than a household cat, so maybe the bigger one are more aggressive, I don't know.

I wasn't scared of them because at that "spiritual" state of mind, I also got used to them after a while, and I thought it was more of a blessing to get to see something out of the ordinary that many will never get a chance of seeing, so I guess I made the best of it.

posted on Jan, 10 2007 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Of all the youtube paranormal videos,the one that really stuck in my head was a video where a guy left his web cam on and you see a black small blob with feet running out from 1 room across the living room and under the couch.It was no cat or animal of any kind and if it is a fake video,congratdulations to the creator for making my blood freeze! If I can find that Link I will post it again.

posted on Jan, 14 2007 @ 11:52 AM
link   
I found a couple of videos on Google of shadow ghouls. One (I'm not sure if this is a shadow ghoul or a ghost, probably a ghost) was caught on a security camera opening two sets of doors and closing them. At that time no one was in the building. I'm not sure where it was (I think it could have been in England, but I'm probably wrong) but it still was pretty freaky. Have a look for yourself.

Type: Video Ghosts Paranormal

You'll find it pretty interesting (if not a little creepy).

new topics

top topics

join