It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient Migrations, Noah and the Bible. First thread, be easy!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Icarus Rising
Speaking of the Bible, Joshua 24 speaks of "the other side of the flood." How could the flood have been universal if it had another side?

The Book of Joshua

Chapter 24

1 And Joshua gathered all the tribes of Israel to Shechem, and called for the elders of Israel, and for their heads, and for their judges, and for their officers; and they presented themselves before ELOHIYM.

2 And Joshua said unto all the people, Thus saith YHVH ELOHIYM of Israel, Your fathers dwelt on the other side of the flood in old time, even Terah, the father of Abraham, and the father of Nachor: and they served other gods.

3 And I took your father Abraham from the other side of the flood, and led him throughout all the land of Canaan, and multiplied his seed, and gave him Isaac.

Morning Guys,

The "other side of the flood" refers to a timeline, not a physical stop and start of the waters.

I believe in a universal flood, but I also believe in predestination (which is totally a different topic, and I don't want to derail the thread.

Great topic.

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Great topic!

I have been troubled by these questions also. I have read and studied the Bible. There are other things the World does....even professed Christians... that don't line up with what God wants us to be like. This has been a stumbling block for many people searching for truth.

There are plenty of examples about the self serving nature of Man. I have come to the realization that Man, under the influence of Demons etc. has polluted every good work that God has made here on Earth.

The pyramids are a prime example. They were refurbished by Kings of Egypt as tombs for themselves. They even made plays about this in 1000 BC. I like to think that those (poured structures) were left here by a much older covilization. They were re-furbished by people who found them already constructed. Even the Spynx's face has been re chiselled.

home.hiwaay.net...

Now...if you find that a bit hard to swallow....you need to look at some books, I feel are inspired by God. Why do I think this? Well for one they are free. God would not want Man to proffit from a warning he gives us.

www.the-end.com...

The other part that I don't feel comfortable with is the fact that the Pope and the Catholic Church were responsible for translating the Bible and what books were used in it. We should not let a group of men limit our thoughts by leaving out some of the information, because they think it would be negative to their mandate.

This is a search that I have not yet started. I am having trouble finding those books that were not included in the Bible, because the translators felt they were not good for their purpose.

Could one of you please offer a link to the books not published in the Bible?

The flood issue leaves me with as many questions as there are answers, so I feel that we don't understand it, by reading what the Bible records. One thing that sticks out is the change in the Earth after the flood, and a substantial reduction in the years that Man lives.

If you use the flood as ground zero, then you re-populate with existing structures, it is reasonable to see the confusion that has created 4000 years later. The Myans (remains) laying in a pyramid like they were hiding from something they were affraid of that was going on outside. Taking refuge in their Gods's temple.

To the limited gene pool, well we still do that today. If you want a new breed of animal, take two showing the same traits and breed them to themselves and their offspring. Yes there will be some problems if you do this constantly, but it is proven and if you start to limit close bloodlines after a few generations, you have a new breed.

So now you have the reason why God started to limit this in-breeding after the flood. He warns us about the pitfalls of that lifestyle. Before the flood, people lived to be 900 years old. This gave man plenty of time to reproduce.

There are still a few problems with this. The Genesis record leaves us with some questions about other things.

custance.org...

Here is one other big stumbling block, that those other un-published books might help with.

Genesis 6

1 When men began to increase in number on the earth and daughters were born to them, 2 the sons of God saw that the daughters of men were beautiful, and they married any of them they chose. 3 Then the LORD said, "My Spirit will not contend with [a] man forever, for he is mortal ; his days will be a hundred and twenty years."
4 The Nephilim were on the earth in those days—and also afterward—when the sons of God went to the daughters of men and had children by them. They were the heroes of old, men of renown

This could be the biggest reason for a world flood. A purging of sorts. The books in the-end.com may help answer some of the questions here.

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 10:31 AM
link   

3 And I took your father Abraham from the other side of the flood, and led him throughout all the land of Canaan, and multiplied his seed, and gave him Isaac.

The "other side of the flood" refers to a timeline, not a physical stop and start of the waters.

Sorry MrBigDog, but Abraham came after the flood, so the timeline theory breaks down right there.

Good morning to you as well, and may you have a blessed day.

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 10:35 AM
link   

One thing that sticks out is the change in the Earth after the flood, and a substantial reduction in the years that Man lives.

win 52, have you heard of or are you familiar with the "water canopy" theory?

Btw, I agree that the flood was a purge brought on by God in anger over the misdeeds of the Nephilim.

[edit on 9-1-2007 by Icarus Rising]

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 10:40 AM
link   
The timeline is correct from the standpoint that Noah's bloodline traveled through the flood time to Abraham. Noah->Abraham

At least that's the way I see it...

Thanks for the good wishes...same to you!!

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Isn't the water canopy theory the explanation for rain? I believe before that time the earth was watered from below...

[edit on 9-1-2007 by MrBigDog1974]

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Its all good.

One day all will be revealed and the truth shall be known and shared by all.

You are entitled to your opinion, and I respect it. We can see things differently and still get along.

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 10:56 AM
link   
I totally agree. Good discussion is the cornerstone of sites like these.

I'm looking forward to the whole truth as well....that'll be a great day.

I look forward to further discussion with you. Feel free to U2U..

DCP

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Gen 7:19-23 which says the entire earth was covered and everyone and thing was killed except that that was on the ark

So the flood killed fish? or was their a major fish tank on the arc? or does everything not include fish or was the bible speaking figuratively? i think i need to go to church

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Yes, the water canopy theory is used to explain the flood. God's collapse of the water canopy was what caused the flood. Prior to the flood, it had never rained. There was a ground mist in the morning, and springs flowed up out of the ground.

The water canopy theory is also used to explain the longevity of early man and the existence of dinosaurs. The canopy filtered out all of the damaging rays of the Sun, so genetic mutation didn't occur to damage cells and shorten life.

The increased surface pressure allowed man to be much larger as well, also providing the needed bouyancy for gigantic creatures such as dinosaurs. Without the canopy, massive creatures would collapse and suffocate, much the way a beached whale does today.

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 11:59 AM
link   

The water canopy theory is also used to explain the longevity of early man and the existence of dinosaurs. The canopy filtered out all of the damaging rays of the Sun, so genetic mutation didn't occur to damage cells and shorten life.

but, of course, we know none of this is true. For example, mutations are also a consequence of an imperfect method of replication. We also know that on rare occassions, mutations are beneficial and that many are pretty much neutral, and others are detrimental. You probably have a few hundred.

Mutations are inherent to imperfect replicators.

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by win 52
Great topic!

This is a search that I have not yet started. I am having trouble finding those books that were not included in the Bible, because the translators felt they were not good for their purpose.

Could one of you please offer a link to the books not published in the Bible?

Well, you can look under "lost" books of the bible, or...

Forgotten Books of Eden

The Lost Books

Here is a

Partial List of lost books with a link to the list of lost books A-Z

Abdias

Abercius, Inscription of

Abgarus, King of Edessa and the Epistle of Jesus Christ

Abraham, Book of

Abraham, Testament of

Acts of A King

Adam, The Book of

Adam, The Apocalypse of, (Revelation of)

Adam and Eve, The Books of, The Latin Translation

Adam and Eve, Life of, The Slavonic Translation

Adam and Eve, Life of, the Greek Translation

Adam and Eve, The First Book of

Adam and Eve, The Second Book of

Adam and Eve, An Electronic Edition

Addeus the Apostle, The Teachings of

Against the Heresies

Ages of The World, The

Aggeus

Ahikar, Grand Vizier of Assyria, The Story of

Allogenes

Andrew, Acts and Martyrdom of the Holy Apostle

Andrew, Gospel of

Andrew and Matthew, The Acts of

Andrew and Matthias, Acts of

Andrew, Other Books

Anointing, On the

Apelles, Gospel of

Apocalypsis Mosis

Apollonius

Apollonius, Acts of

Apostles, Acts of the 2

Apostles, The Teachings of the

Apostles, The Epistle of the

Apostrophe to Zion

Archangel Michael And King Zedekiah, The

Archons, The Hypostasis of the

Aristeas, The Letter of

Aristides, Apology of

Aristo of Pella

Aristobulus

Artapanus

Asclepius

Assorted Manuscripts

Athenagoras of Athens

Athanasius: On the Incarnation

Athenagoras of Athens, A Plea For the Christians

Athenagoras of Athens, On The Resurrection of the Dead

Augustine, The Writings of

Authoritative Teaching

B

Baptism A, On the

Baptism B, On the

Baptismal Ligurgy, A

Bardesanes

Baralâm Yewâsef

Barnabas, The Acts of

Barnabas, The Epistle of and HERE

Barnabas, Gospel of

Bartholomew, the Apostle

Bartholomew, Gospel of

Bartholomew, Martyrdom of

Baruch, The Fourth Book of, Paraleipomena Jeremiou

Basilides, The Gospel of

Book of Hymns, The

A Partial List A-Z

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 12:07 PM
link   
DCP,

Draw close to the Father, and He will draw close to you. It is unconfessed sin that separates us from the Father. Going to church is good. Reading and studying the Bible has helped me immensely, as well.

John 6:44-45

No man can come to me (Christ), except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day.

It is written in the prophets, AND THEY SHALL ALL BE TAUGHT OF GOD. Every man therefore that hath heard, and hath learned of the Father, cometh unto me.

Luke 11:13

If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children: how much more shall your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to them that ask him?

Not that I'm saying you are evil DCP, "for all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God." Romans 3:23

hereticalmind, please forgive the topical digression. My ministry is where and when I find it before me.

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 12:09 PM
link   
I like the water canopy theory. It fits in very well, even with the dinosaurs. They were ancient and grew to enormous heights. Something had to modify the DNA of life on this planet to shorten the life cycle so drastically. Additional layer of atmosphere, suddenly gone, then DNA bombarded by rays that mutated the coding. All makes sense to me.

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 12:18 PM
link   
This "water canopy" could have prolonged the lifespan of Man.

I believe there was also some other type of help. A clue lies in the Temple of Denderah.

This is popularly thought to be a lotus blossom, with a snake in a boat????

I think it is a building dedicated to healing and stimulation of the body's ability to re-build itself. We always seem to think we are in our twenties, yet we may be much older than that. This is not the picture that I was looking for, but it gives you the idea of what I was getting at. If you look at Dr. Royal Rife's work (He did cure cancer with his first trials.), I feel there is a connection between these two, though they were thousands of years apart.

www.mysteriousworld.com...

Here are some other interesting world finds. Not sure if this fits here?

www.jonathonscott.com...

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 12:19 PM
link   

but, of course, we know none of this is true.

Who is we? Modern science has provided many workable solutions to the questions we have about life, but it is still a work in progress. What is immutable today is brought into question by the discoveries of tomorrow. Deductive reasoning must always allow for the occasional exception.

I firmly believe there are two realms we exist in, the visible realm and the invisible realm, and Christ is the bridge between them. King of both, my Lord and Savior.

DCP

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 12:25 PM
link   
didn't take it you were calling me evil, and thanks for thinking of my soul.

my question is still did the fish die during the flood?

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Yes, the water canopy theory is used to explain the flood. God's collapse of the water canopy was what caused the flood. Prior to the flood, it had never rained. There was a ground mist in the morning, and springs flowed up out of the ground.

The increased surface pressure allowed man to be much larger as well, also providing the needed bouyancy for gigantic creatures such as dinosaurs. Without the canopy, massive creatures would collapse and suffocate, much the way a beached whale does today.

Wow....
This is a new hight of absurdity for the Christian faith. I don't know where to begin. Should I start with the lack of rainfall prior to the existance of man, or shold I start with the air needing to be buoyant enogh for large creatures to "float" in it.

Or how about I let common sense take over and allow people to realize this theory is completely nuts.

Back on topic though. Many people think of flood legends as the unifying string throughout the ancient world. I don't see how it necesarily applies. Legends and myths often surround disasters. And the largest, most devistating disasters come with exagerations, and extreme myths. Unless there is some evidence that the Incan flood, and the middle eastern flood occured at the same time, there really is no evidence of any connection. Just two cultures that fear floods because many creatures die in them. That's almost a universal thing.

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 12:33 PM
link   
dcp if you're arguing against the authenticity of the bible, you're in for quite a battle. if you're arguing for the lackluster translations of it, over the years, then you have something, in my opinion.

i'm a firm believer that we should always refer back to the original words, as you can find all kinds of interesting things you never knew about just by finding out what the word originally meant in the original languages it was written in.

for example, in one section of the king james version of the old testament Jehovah states He's going to destroy the images of the egyptians. Turns out the original word for "images" in the passage means "mastebah" (a burial chamber), which may have also been the word for pyramid at the time. images and burial chamber, big difference.

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by DCP
didn't take it you were calling me evil, and thanks for thinking of my soul.

my question is still did the fish die during the flood?

Apparently not. Why would they? Water is their habitat.. Of course,as I have stated earlier, my vision of the flood is probably a little different than most's vision of the flood. I view it as being more of a regional incident than something that happened on a global scale.

Although,I will state that if one looks at how the polar ice caps are currently melting, it is indicative that such an incident could have caused some coastal flooding that would have indeed seemed terrific to the mind of the ancient world. Who knows, perhaps there was a form of global warming back then, if one buys into the cyclical explanation, that caused global flooding in some areas.

<< 1    3  4 >>

join