It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mass Hysteria - Everyone relax.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2007 @ 10:44 PM
link   
The only thing I was actually concerned with was the birds in Texas to be honest ... even the smells in NYC didn't overly concern me, although I do "smell" something not right there either (see my post in that thread).

I'm kinda suprised there was no info released saying "hey the CDC found these birds died from xxxxx".

Don't you think they'd be on top of something like that? What if it was some horrendous ebola-type thing? Comforting knowing that things like that would be under control ...

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 12:35 AM
link   
Panic? We were supposed to panic? Man, I missed the memo.

Look, maybe these things happen on the same day, in a short amount of time, in this country all the time. But it is worth noting; it is worth discussing. And it is worth paying attention to the things that are happening around one.

As for me, I ran laundry, went to school, worked, and came home to feed the cats and myself. No diviation from the norm, no undue concern, no thoughts of "ohmigodI'vegottopanicnow!!!".

And I think most people are like me - I'm not as unique as I like to think I am, you know? People paid attention...and that's never a bad thing.

And frankly, one can learn a lot by researching methane, or bird deaths, or whatever. And if someone learned something they didn't know - i.e. methane is odorless, or the typical seismic day looks like today - then it's all to the good.

Regards-
Aimless

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 03:32 AM
link   
Dirty Nuclear Bomb In Manhattan??
Surely not... I hope these nuts are wrong!

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 05:38 AM
link   
As far as I'm concerned there is nothing to 'panic' about. Am I the only one who finds this exciting? I'm actually looking forward to some global 'change'.

Ram

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 09:35 AM
link   
I see no panic anywhere. So obviously the panic is just words. Noone lost their hair or had heart-attacks durring the panic-period.

Everyone just went on as a normal business day on the global market - everyone doing their part for survival on the big economical landscape.

Cars was produced out of the factory of the giant car factories acrosss the globe. Children was at school - learning how to become good normal citizense. Everything was normal.

Meetings was conducted as normal - and words was said as usually on a normal basis.
People spoke in their mobil-cell-phones as usual - minor traffic accidents was happending as usual - nothing to panic about.

Money was circulated once more on this normal day. Money was printed on this normal-behaviour-day - and people killed eachother like they normally do.

Every business went on, as it normally does, on normal business-day.

So - yea - everything didn't create any forms of panic or thoughts about our current situation - which offcourse is absolutly normal - because it is just a normal situation.

And noone replied as usual to my abnormal posting

[edit on 9-1-2007 by Ram]

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 09:47 AM
link   
well I agree with everyone it seems in one way or another LOL

I think a lot of people jump to conclusions about things and connect dots where they obviously dont go. BUT I also think that sometimes things are not as they seem in the media and a little healthy skepticism should be in place before just accepting what you are told.

About the "panic" well we humans and animals have the panic response for a reason. It may save your life but it may also endanger it if you dont calm down and think before you act.

I am often puzzled at some of the threads that I have read on this site. I dont always comment but I do read quite a bit. Many may seem far fetched and any joe on the street reading it may laugh and call the author a nutcase. However, I am not prone to dimiss almost anything as possible. And having read the wealth of info on this site I feel like if they do happen, at least wont be surprised. LOL

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by sensfan
- Dead birds in Texas
- Strange gassy odour in New York
- Bomb scare at Miami Port
- Gas truck leak in Texas

Yes, these occurences are just part of your average, ordinary day in Pasadena, Texas.

Peace

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love

Originally posted by sensfan
- Dead birds in Texas
- Bomb scare at Miami Port
- Gas truck leak in Texas

Yes, these occurences are just part of your average, ordinary day in Pasadena, Texas.

Revised:

- missing Indonesian flight - with no evidence of crash
- Dead birds in Texas - and earlier, in Utah
- Bomb scare at Miami Port (possibly a cover-up for a natural calamity?)
- Gas truck leak in Texas (another cover-up? gas actually venting from ground?)
- increased geophysical activity, esp larger earthquakes, volcanic eruptions and pre-eruption activity

Ahhh. The delights of speculation.

Which is not say I don't think something interesting is going on. I do.

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Add the weather, the strange two UFO event (O'Hare and Oklahoma). Yeah. Nothing happened in the last days.

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Oooo.

And...

How could we forget that chamical cloud moving on Houston?

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 12:35 PM
link   
I find this to be very odd and I'll tell you why in a minute. We have here in Austin dead birds spanning a 6 block radius in the early hours on Monday. Business district is taped off and the local law enforcement are in full effect. It was not pleasant trying to get through the mess of detours. Everyone was told not to come in to work until the air quality has been cleared through testing.

"A chemical cloud is heading for Houston." was the other headline. "Stay in your homes until further notice".

Now here is what is so odd. The Texas Commission on Environmental Quality is having a very large 2 day Air Investigator Training Seminar beginning today at one of the local hotels here. I had the opportunity to talk to 2 of the trainers. When I mentioned that it was quite a coincidence them being here and the "Birds" (and it was in a casual tone of conversation), they changed the subject all together to some new projector technology they are using for training and I became invisible. This was the oddest thing. It was like I had literally disappeared. I'm very laid back and make people feel at ease when we talk by keeping it "light" and positive so when this happened I just stood there staring at them for a second or 5. I can take a hint but this was weird.

I think something is up and this is not a coincidence. Remember the last "governmental training session" a few years back? I just wish I had the time to dig deeper.

-AP

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Even if the noxious gases, strange packages and port closures, worldwide earthquakes and flocks of dead birds don't get to me - the fact that there are buds on the trees and warm spring like weather yesterday and snow and cold today - does kind of get to me.

What if we wake up one spring and the leaves won't come out because the sudden freeze killed all the buds?

The messed up weather patterns do upset me a bit.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join