It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

X Files anyone....The truth is out there!!??

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2007 @ 05:32 PM
link   
A while back, I heard a story that some of you may have heard of but I'll tell you why I actually put some (just a little) stock in it. I have a friend who was the assistant editor to a magazine that Chris Carter was part of and so he knew him quite well.

The story, at least as it is told, is that Chris Carter, (the creator of the show X-Files for those who may not know who he is), knows/knew people within the FBI and CIA who gave him the ideas to his shows. Supposedly each of Chris Carter's X-Files shows was actually based on a very real case, except that he goes Hollywood and threw his own idea of an ending to each one. therefore, there is some truth and fiction to each episode.
Just curious if anybody else has heard this before and/or has any input about this story.
Doesn't really sound that too far off when you really think about it though. Maybe the FBI or CIA or whatever agencies that we have that we don't even know about really check into some crazy stuff, the majority being aliens and UFO's of course.

Let me know what you all think, til then........Peace, Mondo

posted on Jan, 8 2007 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Sounds too good to be true. I've seen pretty much every episode, and some seem too fictional. The one where Mulder got his hands on a Jinn and made a wish that erased all of making from the world, with the exception of him, would be one that wouldn't occur in real life.

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 04:52 PM
link   
some of the cases im willing to believe are true cases but some i thnk are made up. like the one in nevda where mulder switches bodys with a worker from area 51 there no way this could be possible just frm a craft flying over anyway.

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 05:44 PM
link   
In all probability, it is nothing but silly internet rumors.

However.............................................

The conspiracy theorist in me says hey, what is the best way to make sure if any REAL in leaks out, it is never taken seriously....hmmm.

So, they leak out some things that happened to TV shows and Movies and have them incorporate them in.

Now when anyone gets the information...the gov just points to TV or movie or both and says crackpot and he/she is ignored or laughed at.

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 06:00 PM
link   
There may be some basis to a few of the episodes. If you think X-Files was neat you should really try and buy the "Dark Skies" dvd collection. It mixes historical facts and creates a whole new history. It also is the only show that deals with Majestic. According to executive producer Bryce Zabel, who, with supervising producer Brent Friedman, is also the series' co-creator, Dark Skies contains more truth than some viewers may suspect.

"My name is John Loengard.
This program is being presented as fiction
to protect those people fighting in the Resistance.
But I will tell you the truth now, if you will listen..."

"Around the same time, I was doing final rewrites on Official Denial, and I was contacted by a guy who wanted to give me notes on the script. I asked the guy who he was, and he said, 'It doesn't work that way -- you give me a name.' Scrambling for a name, I said 'you're John Loengard,' and that's the name that he used on the few occasions when we talked."

According to Zabel, this anonymous informant, claiming first-hand knowledge of a government cover-up of saucer activity, was a catalyst that helped spark the core concept of Dark Skies. Zabel didn't find "Loengard's" story particular credible, and suspects that he may have been a saucer enthusiast so desperate to be listened to, that he felt compelled to make up a good story. Zabel even considers the possibility that his informant may have been giving false information in order to further muddy the waters, as many UFO experts believe is sometimes done by the government as part of a continuing cover-up effort.

**I can't seem to find the source for the above information as I had it scrapbooked in my browser.**

[edit on 9-1-2007 by Eden]

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 11:55 PM
link   
I heard somewhere (but can’t confirm) Richard Doty (of Serpo hoax fame) was a paid consultant to the X-Files... if so that probably explains where a lot of the mythology came from... the Disinformation Files.

Made for some good entertainment though.

posted on Jan, 10 2007 @ 02:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Eden
**I can't seem to find the source for the above information as I had it scrapbooked in my browser.**

Could it be from this page?
www.geocities.com...

posted on Jan, 10 2007 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Eden is right on! thanks for the memories.

If you want some wonderful entertainment of the sci-fi genre, you owe it to yourself to get the Dark Skies Series. Even for one who is a "skeptic", such as me, it leaves the imagination running around.

I watched it when it ran originally (don't remember the years). A few years ago Sci-Fi channel reran it, and working nights was a pain in the butt, 'cause I had to stay up and watch each episode. Really gripping entertainment.

posted on Jan, 10 2007 @ 09:00 AM
link   
thanks you guys for the ,"Dark Skies" info. I will check it out for sure! As far as the X Files stories, I agree with you that they cannot all be based on real events but it is neat to entertain the idea, great show for the most part until the last season or two in my opinion.............Peace, Mondo

posted on Jan, 10 2007 @ 09:43 AM
link   
I'd actually say its very likely. I mean, imagine you work for the CIA and you know about this stuff. You may be afraid to come out with what you know to the media, but imagine if you could get your story told in another way? I could really see that happening.

posted on Jan, 10 2007 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Actually there is some truth to the FBI's interest in The X-Files.

I remember reading stories during the height of the popularity of X-Files (before it jumped the shark) that many within the FBI were fans of the show. In fact, Carter and other staff members were brought to FBI HQ for a tour and to even shoot some scenes in the foyer of the J. Edgar Hoover Federal Building, adding authenticity to the show.

It's probably not a stretch from this to conclude that some agents maybe shared weird cases they experienced on the beat. So, I wouldn't be surprised to find there is nuggets of actual events that became launching points for episodes.

posted on Jan, 10 2007 @ 10:50 AM
link   
I also heard that the show was initially based on real cases which i guess could have been a possibility.

It was only in the later series' that things got seriously "out there"

posted on Jan, 10 2007 @ 11:49 AM
link   
The first episode of the X-files was based on a real FBI case. But as far as I know that is the only episode. But, there are some pretty cool epi's so who knows where every idea came from. Sorry don't have a link to prove that just about a whole lotta reading material at home (X-Files, secrets of the X-files....etc.) and was pretty much obsessed with the show for a long time. If you get a chance watch the pilot episode again and you can even get a odd feeling about it. DVD's arn't that expensive any more. I actually paid $129.99 each for all 9 seasons...and that is sad...great show...but sad!

posted on Jan, 10 2007 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Did you know that David Duchovny a.k.a. Mulder does not believe in alien life

posted on Jan, 10 2007 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by 137

That's right. I read that, as well as it being the opposite with Gillian Anderson. She does believe they exist. What an odd cast.

posted on Jan, 10 2007 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by DJMessiah

Originally posted by 137

That's right. I read that, as well as it being the opposite with Gillian Anderson. She does believe they exist. What an odd cast.

Yeah quite queer

Most of the time I spent watching the XFiles was when I was a kid (7-11 years-old), some of it really creeped me out (Squeeze episode, and another episode were a voodoo-like doll,looked like it was african in origin, summons a demon which murders people in the one street), but recently I have been scouring the internet for the dvds, I got the 1st series 1st disc
I watched Pilot just 2 days ago and at the start it says that it is based on "actual testimony" from alien/ufo encounters, I cant remember ever seeing this episode as a kid, the so-called aliens were planting chips inside kids noses which enabled the aliens to "mind" (somehow) control the kids by summoning them to the forest. Scully retains one of these "chips" from a corpse, she gives it to her FBI superiors telling them it is of alien origin, then at the very end of the episode you see the bad guy (he becomes more involved in later seasons but I cant remember his name, I always remember thinking it was Mulders father) that always sits in the dark walking through what looks like a store-room and puts the "chip" in a section along with other suspicious looking "chips" (guess) and walks out closing the door which has a sign saying "pentagon". In the second episode of that season it deals with the "Aurora" project which I never seen/remembered as a kid, it was weird having seen it discussed on ATS alot.

[edit on 10-1-2007 by marcopolo]

posted on Jan, 10 2007 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Spooky Marco!!

When i was younger i never had time to watch the x-files, too much of a social life

anyway, was choked with the flu over christmas and happened to catch about 4 episodes.. needless to say, season 1 and season 2 dvds arrived yesterday and i watched the first 3.. episode 4 ,5 and 6 tonight for me..

Im looking forward to watching them all at my leasure..

PPs for any fans out there, at what stage did x-files the movie get released?? Incase i skip it or watch it too early.

posted on Jan, 10 2007 @ 03:20 PM
link   

When i was younger I never had time to watch the x-files, too much of a social life

Dont get me wrong so did I
, still do being sweet 16
, what I meant was that I hadnt watched it in a while (years) & that I used to regularly tune in when it was on during the week when it used to be on terrestrial tv.

posted on Jan, 10 2007 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Have to say that I truly enjoyed the first couple of seasons of the X-Files, but after awhile, it go too far out even for my fevered little brow.

I think, in retrospect, you can get a lot of people interested in the "mysteries" of life on this planet, if you give them just enough to get their imagination piqued. That is, essentially, what X did in the first couple of seasons. Unfortunately, like the stripper in the burlesque show, you can only show so much for such a short time, and then you begin to lose the interest of the audience, and have to take off a little more to regain interest.

I suspect that they knew, toward the end, that it was going downhill in a hurry. The episodes just didn't carry the same air of "authenticity", which made the first few seasons so dramatic, and close to believable.

posted on Jan, 10 2007 @ 05:08 PM
link   
I don't have much to add to the debate, only that I clearly remember the show being advertised as "based on real FBI files" here in Norway when they started airing the first season. Doesn't prove anything though, as they probably just said that to hype it up. Still think it's a great show, atleast the first seasons.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join