It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earth is throwing a mental! MUST SEE!

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by D4rk Kn1ght
A MAG 6 in canada.

Just a little point here, that is part of (or at least near to) the Ring of Fire and can be considered fairly normal.

Oh and 5 miles ash plume is small, about a VEI 3:

en.wikipedia.org...

Get a 25km plume and I'll worry.

Also an idea of whats normal before shouting "Doom has come" with regard to nature is good.

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 01:55 PM
link   
"Also an idea of whats normal before shouting "Doom has come" with regard to nature is good."

You can take that comment and go roll in broken glass with it for all I care, along with the little snide 'doom has come comment'.

I'll post any thread, with any title i like in it, if i think that is the title it needs / deserves. IF any mod / senior mods want it changed, then they can do it, and do with it what they like.

You say about a 5 mile blowout 'normal'...well fine, its normal is it? please supply me with the web cam feed / links where I can watch a volcanoe spew out a 5 mile high plume every single day of the year, for say the next five years "because its normal".

If you cannot provide said footage / link, it's not normal.

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 02:14 PM
link   
This really is getting crazy. Peopel are posting about every single thing that is happening right now and relating it to doom and gloom.

Earthqaukes happen. Every day. Lots of them. Volcanos erupt. Volcanic eurptions aren't an everyday occurance, but they are not signs of something fundamentally bizzare going on.

And as far as there being a pocket of natural gas underlying the southern united states, that can be ignited and 'blow up part of the US', thats flat out absurd. Just flat out absurd.

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 03:18 PM
link   

I'll post any thread, with any title i like in it

Dude!! You need to read the ats hand book!!

ATS Handbook

please supply me with the web cam feed / links where I can watch a volcanoes spew out a 5 mile high plume every single day of the year, for say the next five years "because its normal".

If you cannot provide said footage / link, it's not normal.

your logic is flawed... There has not been a 5 mile high volcano going off every single day... no one on ATS has suggested such a thing.

And your invitation for footage is one of error since your original premise is flawed.

I believe it should be you that should provide 'Evidence' that these events are unusual, since this is your thread.

Please present your data that suggests that these events represent a major deviation from the global trend...

NeoN HaZe.

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Listen...I'm sure that the mention of the 5-mile discharge of superheated ash and gas wasn't meant to be ITSELF a disaster, just the possibility of what that could mean about the volcano.

It may be normal(yeah so...) but is it LEADING to something bigger in relation to the seismic activity of recent days, or as this Director of the Montserrat Volcano Observatory stated:

"I think it was a warning call … of what it can do."

So in that context, if the original poster (or whoever) mentioned the volcanic event, it's not without merit and certainly doesn't deserve to get beat up over it.

[edit on 9-1-2007 by lee anoma]

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by lee anoma

It may be normal(yeah so...) but is it LEADING to something bigger in relation to the seismic activity of recent days, or as this Director of the Montserrat Volcano Observatory stated:

"I think it was a warning call … of what it can do."

So in that context, if the original poster (or whoever) mentioned the volcanic event, it's not without merit and certainly doesn't deserve to get beat up over it.

Could you, or whoever, post a link to the story, interview, or article that contained that quotve above? Just reading it as it is, it looks like he is simply saying that the discharge of ash was a warning sign of what that particular volcano can do, just like any discharge from any volcano around the world. Not a warning call of major worldwide volcanic, or techtonic activity.

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by sensfan
...looks like he is simply saying that the discharge of ash was a warning sign of what that particular volcano can do, just like any discharge from any volcano around the world. Not a warning call of major worldwide volcanic, or techtonic activity.

Did I say that this was a "warning call of major worldwide volcanic activity"?

I said he probably posted it to relate to the tectonic activity that was picked up today. Meaning that it could be a possibility that the current state of the volcano is a side-effect. I DID NOT state that it WAS, but to me it's obviously not extreme or ridiculous to think it possibly could be.

The title itself is: Volcano Eruption in Caribbean Is "Warning" and then there is this: experts are worried that the mounting pressure could be released in a powerful blast.

Look I'm new to ATS, but I have to ask...are you guys LOOKING for a fight around here?

p.s. Here's the link you requested.
Just have to type "volcano" in Google:

news.nationalgeographic.com... ml

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by lee anoma

Did I say that this was a "warning call of major worldwide volcanic activity"?

I said he probably posted it to relate to the tectonic activity that was picked up today. Meaning that it could be a possibility that the current state of the volcano is a side-effect. I DID NOT state that it WAS, but to me it's obviously not extreme or ridiculous to think it possibly could be.

The title itself is: Volcano Eruption in Caribbean Is "Warning" and then there is this: experts are worried that the mounting pressure could be released in a powerful blast.

Look I'm new to ATS, but I have to ask...are you guys LOOKING for a fight around here?

p.s. Here's the link you requested.
Just have to type "volcano" in Google:

news.nationalgeographic.com... ml

Thanks for the link.

Nobody is looking for a fight. Do you want everyone to agree with you? That wouldn't be much fun would it? ATS is a great place to debate ideas and thoughts, in a fun way.

One word of note, and you will find this on that ATS guidelines page, any quotes or references you make in a thread should be backed up with links, etc to the origional article, thread or story that it was pulled from. Makes things easier for everyone.

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by sensfan
Do you want everyone to agree with you? That wouldn't be much fun would it? ATS is a great place to debate ideas and thoughts, in a fun way.

One word of note, and you will find this on that ATS guidelines page, any quotes or references you make in a thread should be backed up with links, etc to the origional article, thread or story that it was pulled from. Makes things easier for everyone.

I don't want everyone to agree with me. There are civil disagreements, and I do like those. I was just surprised at some of the defensiveness with something that didn't really seem like a big deal.

That said...disagree away.

Regarding the quotes I placed...if those are the rules then it's my mistake.

The ORIGINAL poster first mentioned the volcano article and I just did my own quick search and commented on what HE posted like everyone else. It wasn't a big deal to me, but maybe he too isn't aware of the rules so I shouldn't follow his example.

In any case I'll be sure to post articles along with quotes in the future.
You can quote me on that.

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 05:58 PM
link   

You can take that comment and go roll in broken glass with it for all I care, along with the little snide 'doom has come comment'.

You are, IMO, the worst example of a troll I have seen here in quite some time. You harbor a predilection for posting hyped up scaremongering BS, or outright lies, and then attacking those who call you on it. It looks a lot to me like small man syndrome. Did someone tell you the Internet was the place to be teh big man?

All I see is BS, from you, and other idiots just like, posting laughable idiocy, and claiming it as OMGZ TROOO!.

Idiot.

It's you, and people like you who have ruined ATS. I won't miss it.

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Hey D4rk Kn1ght - I think you do good work.

Some people do NOT want to look at anything in the cold hard light of day. And if you do, and gawd forbid talk about it, they will claim you are doomsaying.

The backstory on this expalins why: The insurance and reinsurance industries have a FORTUNE riding on the idea that catastrophes are "Acts of God, and not man-made."

If all the impacts of human and industrial activities become generally recognized - Look Out!

All the so-called responsibility "debates" will end up exactly where they belongs - in the courtroom.

The insurance companies will be suing the oil and gas drilling corporations, who will be suing whomever they can, and on down the line. What will change is that they-all will be off our backs and up each others butts instead.

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Woah!!!!! Take it Easy People

This was made for the UFO forum, but I think it applies to the entire board.
No more scoffing and ridicule

Courtesy Is Mandatory

If you do not agree with the discussion or particular post, say so, but say it clearly without using labels and name calling. Feel you're opposing point of view is being drowned out by like minded individuals, start your own thread, post your links supporting the opposition and let's disagree on an intellectual level, not a personal or emotional one.

Back on topic please.

[edit on 1-9-2007 by worldwatcher]

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 08:13 PM
link   
I also heard that sometime recently the earth is going to switch polarity. IE compases will point south as north and so forth. Could this have something to do with all the activity that is going on lately?

I don't know so far I havent seen much strainge phenominon. The thing I would look for in a "holy %&$(" cenerio is a mass migration of birds and other life forms for somewhere else. I havent seen the birds do anything but what they normaly do arround here so that puts my mind a bit at ease.

I am of the opinion (although looking at all those earthquakes, the strange gas smell in NY and birds dying left and right is kinda strange) that this may not be as big of a "holy %&$(" thing as originaly thought.

now if Florida breaks off and starts floating away or California breaks up into islands then yep we gots ourselves a problem houston. What I see so far is normal terran activity.

Course those could be not so famous last words.

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno
I also heard that sometime recently the earth is going to switch polarity. IE compases will point south as north and so forth. Could this have something to do with all the activity that is going on lately?

I don't know so far I havent seen much strainge phenominon. The thing I would look for in a "holy %&$(" cenerio is a mass migration of birds and other life forms for somewhere else. I havent seen the birds do anything but what they normaly do arround here so that puts my mind a bit at ease.

I am of the opinion (although looking at all those earthquakes, the strange gas smell in NY and birds dying left and right is kinda strange) that this may not be as big of a "holy %&$(" thing as originaly thought.

now if Florida breaks off and starts floating away or California breaks up into islands then yep we gots ourselves a problem houston. What I see so far is normal terran activity.

Course those could be not so famous last words.

I already spoke about the polar shift, we are gonna enter the fifth dimension and there will be a shift in human consciousness, we will enter a higher consciousness and there is gonna be brotherly love and peace.

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan
And as far as there being a pocket of natural gas underlying the southern united states, that can be ignited and 'blow up part of the US', thats flat out absurd. Just flat out absurd.

Agreed.

However, in Siberia the permafrost trapping one of the planets largest underground natural gas fields is melting rapidly as a result of global warming. No one knows for sure how long it will take for the gas to start venting out, or how rapidly it will vent, or explode. But it could happen.

Western Siberia is heating up faster than anywhere else in the world, having experienced a rise of some 3C in the past 40 years. Scientists are particularly concerned about the permafrost, because as it thaws, it reveals bare ground which warms up more quickly than ice and snow, and so accelerates the rate at which the permafrost thaws.

Siberia's peat bogs have been producing methane since they formed at the end of the last ice age, but most of the gas had been trapped in the permafrost. According to Larry Smith, a hydrologist at the University of California, Los Angeles, the west Siberian peat bog could hold some 70bn tonnes of methane, a quarter of all of the methane stored in the ground around the world.

Source Link Full Article

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 09:08 PM
link   
IMO - the end is not nigh. BUT - we are getting some very clear early warning signs.

Maybe we can act before it's too late?

Of course, it's more fun to bomb Somalia, and more profitable too. With the added benefit that everyone's distracted - and kept ignorant about real crises of real import.

BUT - all the unusual geophysical activity, coupled with todays reports of dead birds, suggest that we ARE quite possibly dealing with gas venting from the earth.

Or perhaps, viewing the consequences of the interplay between several - or multiple - factors. Not the least of which is human industrial activity.

Not doomsaying. Just looking at possible explanations.

With a view towards taking responsible action.

Wodda concept, eh?

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by UM_Gazz

Originally posted by Nygdan

Agreed.

However, in Siberia the permafrost trapping one of the planets largest underground natural gas fields is melting rapidly as a result of global warming. No one knows for sure how long it will take for the gas to start venting out, or how rapidly it will vent, or explode. But it could happen.

Western Siberia is heating up faster than anywhere else in the world, having experienced a rise of some 3C in the past 40 years. Scientists are particularly concerned about the permafrost, because as it thaws, it reveals bare ground which warms up more quickly than ice and snow, and so accelerates the rate at which the permafrost thaws.

Siberia's peat bogs have been producing methane since they formed at the end of the last ice age, but most of the gas had been trapped in the permafrost. According to Larry Smith, a hydrologist at the University of California, Los Angeles, the west Siberian peat bog could hold some 70bn tonnes of methane, a quarter of all of the methane stored in the ground around the world.

Source Link Full Article

You are absolutely correct in pointing out Siberia as the ONE big catastrophic event that's coming up. And it's not an if, but a when.

[edit on 9-1-2007 by Palasheea]

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 09:36 PM
link   
California is seeing a bit of earthquake activity at the moment... and i know everyone will tell me 'it's normal, happens every day' but just stating that for those that mentioned America early on.

3.1s in both Dunneville and Boulder Park

3.5 in Wyoming

and a 3.8 in Alaska.

It seems that Russia is copping most of the Earthquake activity though.

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 11:00 PM
link   
What exactly is everyone doing to prevent this? Typing on ATS with their tin hats?

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Ok OK lets just say that for some weird reason someone figured out what is going on and it is the begining of earth changing its magnetic feild or something.

this stuff could be related to the breached sea animals deaths and the thousands of birds fall out of the sky dead threads.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I apologize if i am putting a "Core" theme from the movie into the subject.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join