It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Massive Mulch fire in Texas!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2007 @ 03:18 PM
link   
I just heard on the radio that there is a massive fire in Texas. Thats all the info I have right now. Anyone heard this news yet?

[edit on 8-1-2007 by Digital_Reality]

[edit on 1-8-2007 by worldwatcher]

posted on Jan, 8 2007 @ 03:20 PM
link   
I don't see anything on the major news sites yet. Where was it, did you hear?

There's a few other things happening around Austin and Houston at the moment; might be related, might be a mis-report.

posted on Jan, 8 2007 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Are you talking about the leaked chemical cloud from a tanker truck in Sugarland, TX? Or something different?

If it's something different, then I'm just gonna go into "bad news anxiety" from all of the days events!!

posted on Jan, 8 2007 @ 03:27 PM
link   
can't find anything regarding a separate Texas incident other than the chemical leak story found here
www.abovetopsecret.com...

going to close this thread now, however if it does come up that there is a separate incident, I will reopen it, until then, please add thoughts and comments to the above thread.

posted on Jan, 8 2007 @ 03:59 PM
link   
thanks to our members, it seems there is an older... as in last week story regarding a huge mulch fire in Texas, this is not related to the Sugarland chemical plant incident, so I'm reopening the thread and including the mulch fire links.

Health advisory issued as massive mulch fire continues in Helotes

A fire has been burning since Dec. 25. Workers from H.L. Zumwalt Construction Inc., which owns the land, have been using backhoes to pull the mulch pile apart. The company has had the mulch pile, which is about 400 feet long and 80 feet high, for 15 years. The company has a permit for the pile as part of a recycling operation.

A contractor has said that the fire could burn for more than a year if it is left to burn itself out.

"We are mostly concerned with the people who have chronic respiratory disease such as asthma and sensitive parts of the population such as children, elderly people, pregnant women or those with pulmonary or cardiovascular disease," Alsip said. "We want to stress that you don't have to be very close to the fire to have health effects from it, and people should limit their exposure to the smoke."

[edit on 1-8-2007 by worldwatcher]

posted on Jan, 8 2007 @ 04:06 PM
link   
What's interesting is that it's still in kind of the same area--not up by Dallas or over by Amarillo.

Helotes is right outside San Antonio; still a good ~200 miles according to google maps, and 88 SW of Austin, but you can still see all the events on a fairly close-up view on Google...

I still wouldn't say it's related to the current events in any way, but still interesting to say the least.

posted on Jan, 8 2007 @ 04:15 PM
link   
I wonder why my local radio station is making it seem like a new story then? My apologies for the over exaggerated story.

posted on Jan, 8 2007 @ 04:21 PM
link   
No problem man, I think everyone is really tense right now, I know I am. I'm getting that bad feeling in my gut that I usualy get before something bad happens.

posted on Jan, 8 2007 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Your post was the first I had heard of it, and I watch the news pretty regularly. So thanks for posting it.

new topics

top topics

join