It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chemical Cloud Moving Toward Houston

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2007 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by NJStomp
"Although methane is odorless, natural methane venting is often accompanied by the venting of acrid hydrogen sulfide, a byproduct of bacterial decomposition".
The smell here in NYC was more of a rotting fruit smell more then gas to me atleast.
[edit on 8-1-2007 by NJStomp]

Very interesting indeed. Perhaps there is a link here.

'It's obviously not a natural gas pipeline leak. They should have air sampling results back tomorrow, which should indicate what chemical(s) were causing the odor. If we don't hear anything by teh end of the day tomorrow my "suspicious meter" will ratchet up a few more ticks.

posted on Jan, 8 2007 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Um i live just outside houston, and i dont know any schools that have been evacuated. Plus why havent i seen any news links for this???? People say its on the news but arent giving links? Come on, if there really is a chemical cloud headed towards me i wanna f*****g know. I didnt read the 2cnd page thoroughly but if someone could direct me. It'd be a great help. So far i havent found any news articles on the web.

posted on Jan, 8 2007 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Try putting on a news channel. Fox, CNN, MSNBC, they are all showing the stories here.

posted on Jan, 8 2007 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by enjoies05
Try putting on a news channel. Fox, CNN, MSNBC, they are all showing the stories here.

Thanks! I'm listening to KLBJ in Austin online....and they haven't mentioned a thing. I'll keep listening........they just had a news break and
nothing?

Edit: apologies, KTRH are running a story now.

[edit on 8-1-2007 by madhatter]

posted on Jan, 8 2007 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by madhatter

Edit: apologies, KTRH are running a story now.

Any new info, warnings, anything?

posted on Jan, 8 2007 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cybernative

Originally posted by darkbluesky
Cybernative, If you're suggesting a link to the odors detected in NYC today, I just wanted to point out that methane is odorless. Very interesting article however.

Ty for your omment darkBluSky...I will keep it in mind...may your skies be more and more DarkBlue !!!lol

Cyber, found the link I was asking you for. Thanks anyways.
www.waynemadsenreport.com...
From the link
"Although methane is odorless, natural methane venting is often accompanied by the venting of acrid hydrogen sulfide, a byproduct of bacterial decomposition".
The smell here in NYC was more of a rotting fruit smell more then gas to me atleast.

It seems I need to go back to my basic chemistry handbooks..I'm in a scientific flip flop in this subject in here...loooooooooool

posted on Jan, 8 2007 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by enjoies05

Any new info, warnings, anything?

apparently a chemical leak that is now contained, sorry I have no idea how
to pronounce it.

It causes breathing problems and they are asking anyone that suspects
they are affected to get themselves checked out as soon as possible.

They didn't say much more.

posted on Jan, 8 2007 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Guys! I'm from Europe, but I'm really starting to worry about all of you. First that weather anomaly over O'Hare, then that so-called rocket reentry (Which surely wasn't an Russian SL-4 that they've mentioned. Compare the stats of the SL-4 with the Space Shuttle and her parts and you will see, why. The SL-4 have only two segments, booster one and two. The second stops earlier or around that time when the main fuel tank of the shuttle. And the fuel tank doesn't really need 5 or more days to fall back into the atmosphere. The so called SL-4 over Oklahoma entered 5+ days after that rocket was launched by the Russians.). And the today's "fun", Austin with it's mystery birds, Houston with the chemical clouds, Miami and it's C4 mystery and New York with the gas cloud.

It's sounds like you have a hell of a party. But could you tell me what the hell is really going on over there???

posted on Jan, 8 2007 @ 05:50 PM
link   
TXCN has some nize pictures of it. Looks like quite a cloud actually...

17 hurt in Sugar Land chemical leak

Slideshow

[edit on 8-1-2007 by DrLeary]

posted on Jan, 8 2007 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dark Crystalline
Guys! I'm from Europe, but I'm really starting to worry about all of you. First that weather anomaly over O'Hare, then that so-called rocket reentry (Which surely wasn't an Russian SL-4 that they've mentioned. Compare the stats of the SL-4 with the Space Shuttle and her parts and you will see, why. The SL-4 have only two segments, booster one and two. The second stops earlier or around that time when the main fuel tank of the shuttle. And the fuel tank doesn't really need 5 or more days to fall back into the atmosphere. The so called SL-4 over Oklahoma entered 5+ days after that rocket was launched by the Russians.). And the today's "fun", Austin with it's mystery birds, Houston with the chemical clouds, Miami and it's C4 mystery and New York with the gas cloud.

It's sounds like you have a hell of a party. But could you tell me what the hell is really going on over there???

Here's a link if you want a better idea of what he is talking about. The rocket we are talking about would be some version of the one called R7 on the chart.

Soviet launch vehicles

this is scarry, very good find Dark Crystalline.

cheers.

posted on Jan, 8 2007 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Thanks for the link. I wanted to copy the same one, but I couldn't find it. Oh. By the way. Compare the Oklahoma SL-4/R-7 recordings with the destruction videos of the Columbia. This was a quite large stuff, what exploded and entered into the atmosphere, while the dimensions of the second or even the first segment of the SL-4 and the Space Shuttle is almost the same. I don't know, what was that, but surely not an SL-4 segments one or two.

Nice pictures about Texas. Yeah. It's a really dense "cloud". Interesting pictures, especially the third one. But I have one question. If it's leaking, why is it leaking from two places? Right there where the main valves are? I'm just curious. If it's a leak, it the cloud should leave one, maybe two weird places. But not through the main valves. Are they directly releasing this nice cloud into the air? I'm just curious after I don't know all the details.

[edit on 8-1-2007 by Dark Crystalline]

ORB

posted on Jan, 8 2007 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Looks to me like they mixed the wrong chemicals together and are letting it cook off. It's blowin out of those valves like a locomotive.

posted on Jan, 8 2007 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Ok...this day is really starting to feel like a day of drills.

Odd. Very odd.

Originally posted by ORB
Looks to me like they mixed the wrong chemicals together and are letting it cook off. It's blowin out of those valves like a locomotive.

If its a drill, they didn't mix the wrong chemicals, but the right ones.

[edit on 8-1-2007 by loam]

posted on Jan, 8 2007 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by loam
Ok...this day is really starting to feel like a day of drills.

Odd. Very odd.

Originally posted by ORB

If its a drill, they didn't mix the wrong chemicals, but the right ones.

[edit on 8-1-2007 by loam]

Drills????? Drills for what?! NWO taking control? All this canadian knows is that something really strange is happening in parts of the world that isn't Canada and it is too frequent for it to be just coincidence. How many people here are suspisious of this?

posted on Jan, 8 2007 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Txhunter67
Growing up in Texas and spending a lot of time in the Houston area; I am surprised that this doesn't happen more often. It seems as though the whole Gulf Coast in Texas is one big chemical plant. I dread the day that one cigarette too may is tossed aside in Houston and the whole Gulf Coast goes up in flames.

I was thinking the same thing this morning while watching the History Channel. They had a documentary on the explosions and fire that devastated Texas City back in 1947. Are we really more careful now or have we just been lucky?

posted on Jan, 8 2007 @ 10:30 PM
link   
With the birds dying, where are the exact locations where they are reported to be dying? Birds in general are very sensitive to these things and may indicate area's where the chemicals are most concentrated.
I'm completely new to this story, some people are mentioning that this has happened in other area's too
?

posted on Jan, 8 2007 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Under A Cloud

This obviously isn't it, but this incident reminds me of a recurring vision I have of a Bhopal-like incident occurring in what I think would be a major U.S. city.

As in this case, the terrain is flat, but the area is much more urbanized.

I'm not sure of the source, either a refinery or a chemical plant of some kind, but it would kill a lot of people, and I don't get the impression it would be an accident, either, but sabotage.

Sorry, that's somewhat off-topic, but this incident and anything like it tend to remind me of that.

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 02:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by ORB

nah its not a loco - you can see the road wheels at the back of the trailer and the fin ontop of the tractor unit - its a truck for sure.

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 06:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dark Crystalline

Nice pictures about Texas. Yeah. It's a really dense "cloud". Interesting pictures, especially the third one. But I have one question. If it's leaking, why is it leaking from two places? Right there where the main valves are? I'm just curious. If it's a leak, it the cloud should leave one, maybe two weird places. But not through the main valves. Are they directly releasing this nice cloud into the air? I'm just curious after I don't know all the details.

[edit on 8-1-2007 by Dark Crystalline]

Originally posted by ORB

You know, that was exactly what I was thinking. Judging from the second picture it seems to be coming from all the valves on atleast two tankers. Hardly looks like an accident. But then again, an accident seldom comes alone (or whatever)...

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 07:59 AM
link   

So NJ, the smell isn't like a gas leak (mercaptan) but a sweeter smell?

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join