It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

James Fetzer to speak in DC on Jan. 10th.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2007 @ 12:06 PM
link   
I just recieved this e-mail.

Professor James Fetzer to Present at National Press Club
Submitted by rick on Sun, 2007-01-07 20:19.
McClendon News Service, Inc. (Since 1946)
Founded by Senior White House Correspondent Sarah McClendon (1911-2003)
Post Office Box 6010, Washington, D.C. 20005
Telephone: (703) 527-0237
Memorandum
From: John Edward Hurley, Chairman of the McClendon Group OF the National Press Club
The next presentation will be on Wednesday, January 10th, 7 p.m., at the National Press Club, 13th Floor, 14th and K Streets, NW, Washington, DC. Dinner with the speaker at 6:30 pm in the Reliable Source Restaurant. Free evening parking with dinner validation at the PMI Garage on G Street near 13th Stree.
The speaker for this session will be James H. Fetzer, who has published over twenty books and is the founder of Scholars for 9/11 Truth. Since we have heard a variety of credible and incredible stories describing this day of tragedy, Fetzer will be presenting us with the hard facts on the truth of the following scenarios: (1) that the Twin Towers were pulverized by a special form of controlled demolition; (2) that WTC-7 was brought down by a classic form of controlled demolition; and (3) that whatever hit the Pentagon, it was not a Boeing 757.
In addition to his books, Fetzer has written over a hundred articles on the philosophy of science and the theoretical foundations of computer science, artificial intelligence, and cognitive science.
No stranger to controversy, this former Marine Corps officer has edited three books on the death of JFK, and has co-authored a book on the airplane crash that killed Senator Paul Wellstone.
Our speaker will be coming to us from Athens, Greece, where he was featured on a three-hour fact finding international satellite television broadcast.
So plan to be with us... and please remember to bring a friend.

Also, dc911truth.org will meet with Prof Fetzer starting at 5:30PM at same location

I think I'm going to attend this. Anyone else in te area want to go also?

posted on Jan, 8 2007 @ 12:43 PM
link   
I was formerly a member of "Scholars for 9|11 Truth", prior to the destruction of the group.

On the member mailing list, I received an array of e-mails from Fetzer, Steven Jones, other members/leaders of the group, etcetera.

After following up on why the group disbanded, I really have a hard time affiliating myself with Fetzer. This entire "ray beams" theory is too far out there, and I think its very fishy with everything that took place in the weeks prior, during, and following Scholars for 9|11 Truth's debackle.

So, I really don't want to attend any conferences that involve Fetzer unless I feel that his work is once again credible to help move the right direction of the truth movement as a whole.

posted on Jan, 8 2007 @ 12:50 PM
link   
I agree Truthseeker. The reason I want to attend is exactly the space beam stuff. I'd like the chance to ask him WTF is he thinking. Other than that, I just want to see what these guys are on about now.

posted on Jan, 8 2007 @ 12:52 PM
link   
I don't think he'll talk about the space beam thing because I really feel there is something fishy with him wanting the disband S9|11TRUTH. (I dont want to go as far as dis-info agent, but something along the lines of that in a moderate sense..)

If you do go, and could send me a U2U following it to tell me about it, that'd be great as I'd really appreciate it!

posted on Jan, 8 2007 @ 12:57 PM
link   
I'll try and keep you up to date on it if I go. I've really never trusted Fetzer myself. You say that you were active in S9/11TRUTH? What happened to disband them?

posted on Jan, 8 2007 @ 01:03 PM
link   
In a very condensed version -

Apparently Dr. Steven Jones wasn't too happy with Fetzer's direction he was taking the group. Once Fetzer and another gentleman who owns the domain names (I believe) made it apparent that they were going to try and justify the ray beams, Dr. Jones sent an email to the group that stated he was moving to Journal of 9|11 Studies (www.journalof911studies.com...) where he felt the truth movement would be better off. In the e-mail, he had asked anyone else willing to move in that direction to join him.

This began a plethora of e-mails from all sorts of people - Fetzer, more Jones emails, other leaders, other members - for a good three weeks or so.

So, in the long and the short of it - Two different opinions led to the group pretty much splitting. From what I know, there aren't many still wanting to be a part of anything Fetzer has to say, and in those e-mails that were sent to everyone - alot of people were question Fetzer and the possibility of this "dis-info agent" and so on. (which I don't know where I stand on that)

Hope that helped!

posted on Jan, 8 2007 @ 01:06 PM
link   
A pitty that Fetzer can't seem to keep his speaking limited to factual and provable information when hes affiliated with something like the 9/11 Scholars for Truth organisation.

People like Steven Jones and many others loose their credibility because one guy keeps the groups interest as a secondary priority.

From what I read, Steven left the group specificaly because James was getting way to wild and way to out there with his claims.

This is imho extremely bad considering people like Steven Jones, who are renowned scientists in their fields, pritty much lost their jobs or are on probation for activly searching for the truth behind 9/11.

Every member of such a group has an obligation to the others to keep it real and credible.

But as you can see, one bad able can ruin everything for everyone.

posted on Jan, 8 2007 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Griff

I think you have a very legitimate reason for going. In fact more people should go and voice their concerns on this, it really does sound like disinfo, either that or he just got taken in by Judy Wood.

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 06:53 AM
link   
Griff,

It would be great if you could go and then let everyone here on ATS know what was said and what went on

Alas, some of us are just too far away to be in a position to attend these things.

Please post details if you do go.

MR

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 08:05 AM
link   
I plan to go and take notes. I wonder if we would be allowed to film or tape it? At any rate, I will let all know how it goes.

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Griff
I plan to go and take notes. I wonder if we would be allowed to film or tape it? At any rate, I will let all know how it goes.

I see no reason you would not be able to. And if someone gives you any sort of problem, say you are with AboveTopSecret.com as "Press".

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Are you going to be there at 5:30 to see what DCTruth has to ask him?

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 10:44 AM
link   
I get off work at 5 and am not far from it, so I think I will be there for it. I don't own a video camera though, so filming it might be hard. I was just hoping someone would film it, that's why I asked.

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 11:44 AM
link   
I wish I could go with you! It should prove to be very interesting. I wonder how he will respond to questions on his beam theory.

Wouldn't it be funny if Jones showed up to ask him a few also!

He could very well be a wind up toy for a dark agenda. . . Can't wait to hear your report Griff.

2PacSade-

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Well, I went last night but couldn't stay for the lecture. I spoke with a guy that was taping it and he said that it will be on his website by Monday. What I did get to do is meet Dr. Wood. She seems to be genuine in her agenda. I didn't get to talk with Dr. Fetzer though because he was busy with other people. From what I was hearing, there's not much anything new out there that we haven't discussed on here already. I do wish I could have stayed for the presentation to see if the space beam theory was covered. I so wanted to talk with Fetzer about the beam theory but like I said, he was too busy with others and I couldn't wait around.

Anyway, I'll find out what site the presentation will be on and let you guys know.

new topics

top topics

join