It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An article for all police state advocates

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2007 @ 09:05 AM
link   
For all of you who don't deserve freedom, who LOVE police state and how it ``protects`` you from the evil baby-eating terrorists, here's an article for you. When you'll say this stupid sentence : If you don't have anything to hide, why not being spied on?, you'll think at this article and maybe wake up to the reality of men and more particulary government: ABUSING POWER!

Two proverbs say it best: Quis custodiet custodes ipsos? ("Who watches the watchers?") and "Absolute power corrupts absolutely."

Cardinal Richelieu understood the value of surveillance when he famously said, "If one would give me six lines written by the hand of the most honest man, I would find something in them to have him hanged." Watch someone long enough, and you'll find something to arrest -- or just blackmail -- with.
Privacy is important because without it, surveillance information will be abused: to peep, to sell to marketers and to spy on political enemies -- whoever they happen to be at the time.

Privacy protects us from abuses by those in power, even if we're doing nothing wrong at the time of surveillance.

Well, EDUCATE YOURSELF. Well, I hope we won't see anymore those answer on ATS.

join