It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2012??? The supposed date of contact??

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2007 @ 06:53 AM
link   
You are aware that some say according to the Mayan calendar, we are in 2012 RIGHT NOW.

Some experts feel that taking our Gregorian Calendar and applying it to the Mayan one is erroneous, since the Gregorian Calendar is about 5 years off due to speculation regarding the birth of Jesus, or how Mark Anthony didn't become Caesar for more than four years, etc...etc... There were a few other miscalculations and speculations plus time was kept according to the reign of the Caesars. All point to around a 5 year miss.

That is why they believe that 2007 IS (roughly)THE MAYAN 2012.

Personally I do feel that some sort of change is coming regarding a lot of hidden truths about our world and it's origins HOWEVER I feel that there will be an escalation of tremendous natural disasters and horrible wars before any sort of enlightenment arrives. I don't feel all of humanity is ready or willing to accept this so called "age of peace". I don't think it will happen that way because unfortunately it isn't for every one. Even parts of the bibles chapter of Revelations hints at this.

Contact will be acknowledged but it will herald great calamity and death for most. Those FEW (and it will not be many) that are guided through the nightmare to come will be the ones to benefit from the event and they should know who they are by now.

[edit on 10-1-2007 by lee anoma]

posted on Jan, 10 2007 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Has anyone heard of terence mckenna? I posted this on the second page but nobody replied. You need to check him out hes what got me started on the subject.

posted on Jan, 10 2007 @ 10:54 AM
link   
I've heard of him, the stuff i saw looked like it was from the 70s, bad copy. Didnt really bother after that, every time i read about him, it always mentions the "psychedelic drugs" thing, and whilst i have *Ahem* had my experiences, i dont think its a great approach to getting the info out there as your experiences are personel and therefore, hard to convey.

What can you tell me to summerise him and his work, i may watch his stuff,i've got some on my comp. but id like to know abit about what to expect before i do

I have read before about the "time wave" i ching thingy, found that quite facinating, i take it that was him then as you mentioned it before?

posted on Jan, 10 2007 @ 03:22 PM
link   
i dont believe 2007 is the mayan 2012.....if u do a little bit more reading .....the last age ended in 1987 ...and what we are in now is "in between" ages.

2012 is supposed to be the new age .....hopefully the next space age where hopefully we will achieve interstellar travel (if not in 2012 then sometime in the next 30 - 50 years)

the economy will not die out completely ....i believe it will decrease greatly ....but i do not think everything will be free......except for energy. (ZPE)

Now....if dec 21 2012 comes around ...and everyone worldwide starts seeing fleets of starships entering our atmosphere ...then u know that the mayans were right ...and it will be a great day for humanity.

there will be those who are afraid and psycotic and take it as a catasrophic occurance.....and then there will be those few who welcome them in open arms and great awe and respect. i will be one of them
...and there will be religious fanatic who will pass them off as an "act of god" HAHAHA yeah right ....act of god my arse....rofl who're they kidding LOL

anyways ... i do believe something of this nature will happen .....and as we come closer to 2012 ....the sightings are going to jump exponentially

~Regards Mayan2012

[edit on 1/10/2007 by Mayan2012]

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 05:08 AM
link   
Everyone talks about the date Dec 21 2012, or Oct 28 2012 or Dec 21 2007 as being the date that SOMETHING WILL HAPPEN!!!

I personally think that the mayans were talking about change, and change (geologically/globally speaking) dosn't happen that quickly.

I believe that they were some how aware of the sunsport cycles (and we're in for the biggest one since 400 years) and/or corrisponding geological events.

We are living the change RIGHT NOW, the whole world is "feeling the heat" as it were, ITS WINTER!!! SO WHY IS IT SO BLOODY MILD........EVERYWHERE???!!!!. The mayans were aware of the galactic alignment, and worshipped its comming. One has to ask why? Why did they give so much of them selves to this event.

There calander (where al others fail) has ALWAYS predicted the eclipes and planetary movements, and they calculated the Galactic center to within 300th of an inch more acurately than we did when we REDISCOVERED it in 1933.

For this, along with other disaplines arround the world that speak of similar events, i am inclined to believe there is something in it.....

Watch this space.

Bottom line, something will happen, wether its quick or slow will have to remain to be seen....

So yeah, WATCH THIS SPACE, (and that space .......OUT THERE mwaahahHAHAHAHAHAHAH.......Ahem, yeah
)

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 10:48 AM
link   
2012? I thought that there was a book that said that the world would end at the same year that we would make contact.

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 11:48 AM
link   
there are many books with many theories, some based on research data, some based on artist flare and speculation.....and of course some with a bit of both.

what book(s) have you read?

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Now....if dec 21 2012 comes around ...and everyone worldwide starts seeing fleets of starships entering our atmosphere ...then u know that the mayans were right

I wouldn't say that we'd need to see fleets of ships in the sky to say the Mayans were right. I have a feeling it has more to do with celestial cycles of change that galaxy goes through, rather like seasons on planet earth.

Im REALLY hoping for a galactic spring come 2012.

and it will be a great day for humanity.

Not if the Anunnaki are comming back to havest their gold we been collecting for them and storing in banks etc.

But lets not get TOO kooky about the whole situation, science is showing us MORE than enough to say that this is a time of great change, both for the solar system AND planet earth.

Watch this space...ooOOOOoooh

[edit on 11-1-2007 by Anomic of Nihilism]

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 02:32 PM
link   
The sun has an equatorial field and a polar field (Magnetic field), it takes 26 days for the equatorial field to complete one cycle and 36 for the polar field.

From these numbers, a researcher called Maurice Cotterell Found there was a magnetic Sunspot cycle of 68,302 days in relation to the earth.

Further research showed that there was an indication of the magnetic fields of the sun and earth having an intermidiate period of 87.4545 days, and it was found through calculation that the equatorial and polar fields of the sun complete a common cycle in this period (87.4545 days).

Now this is all theoretical because its all calculations with no experimental evidence...but bare with me

if you divide the cotterell theoretical sunsport cycle by the turning periods of the magnetic fields of the sun, you will find the number of cycles the M-field goes through in 68,302 days or 187 years..

68,302 / 26 = 2,627
68,302 / 37 = 1,846

When subtracting these numbers you get the amount of times the equatorial field catches up with the polar field in this time frame....

2,627 - 1,846 = 781

To calculate the moment one field catches up with the other, make the following calculations...

2,627 / 781 = 3.36363636
1,846 / 781 = 2.36363636

Explanation : When the polar field has traveled 2.3636 of a circle (ie, twice and a bit), the equatorial field catches up, the equatorial field has travelled one full circle or 360 degrees MORE than the polar field. This happens after EXACTLY 87.4545 days, in accordence with cotterells calculations

it is strange that the infinite number 0.36363636 lies in BOTH fields. Possibley the origin of 360 degrees? maybe.

The mayans may have also used this to calculate the precession cycle of 25,920 yrs...

360 X 72 = 25,920

Why 72?

Well (a possible answer for them knowing this is), 72 is half of 144.

Now if you are familar with Cpt. Bruce L. Cathie's work.(and if you arn't, you REALLY should be), you will know that the maximum speed of light in a vacuum when converted into Geodetics, using a 27hr sytem instead of 24, equates to...

144000 Geodetic miles per grid second (27hr grid)

In order to prove that the speed of light had a direct relationship with the nature of a circle, and 360 NOT being an arbitrary unit or measurement, he enlisted the help of Pythagoras.....

Pythagoras triangle has a ratio of 3:4:5 (with regards to the length of its sides), Now if you take **72**, which is half the speed of light...(in harmonic equations the zeros to the left and right can be discounted)
and multiplied them with the ratios, you get this...

72 X 3 = 216 ........ there are 21600 minutes of arc in a circle (360)

72 X 4 = 288 ........288,harmonically speaking, is twice the speed of light (144x2=288)

72 X 5 = 360 .....360 degrees in a circle

Now another interesting correlation is that, after a cycle of 87.4545 days, a difference of 360 degrees occurs. Eight of this cycles form a "mini cycle" in cotterell's calculations.
This results in the next number of degrees: ...

360 X 8 = 2,880!!

Very intriguing stuff. the 0.36363636 appears quite abit in the Dresden Codex of the maya, and as you can see, there are VERY interesting parallels with Bruce Cathie's work regarding the speed of light...

It is also interesting to note that the 144000 ahs been quoted THROUGHOUT many ancient texts as a number to take heed of.....the bible with there 144000 will be saved (or something like that, the bible is not really my thing), and the Mayans talking about 144000 LIGHT BEINGS, and it being the Baktun.....AND with regards to Cathie's work, its strange that he finds that number to be the speed of light in Geodectics.

VERY VERY VERY INTERESTING STUFF....

More soon, watch this space.

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 04:30 PM
link   
indeed ...that is VERY interesting.

But. as we know ...we ARE going to be alligned with the galactic center ...so maybe that has something to do with why it would be possible to be contacted in a worldwide scale on december 21 2012.

just a thought. but maybe ET is causing changed for us on earth ...and we dont even know it .....so many speculations ....what if this "hole in the ozone layer" was caused by negative grey's ....what IF all this heat this summer ...or the sunspots are being caused by them ...who knows lol.

whatever the case ..i do know 2012 will be a time of change. a new age for mankind. i do believe our technology is over-exceeding itself greatly...the technology in computers is jumping rapidly up ...in fact take a look at this graph

www.accelerating.org...

its called moore's law ...and looking at that graph ...it seems every 5 years we have a HUGE breakthrough in computer technology.

Have fun reading ...and researching ...but its VERY interesting and Intriguing

~Regards Mayan2012

posted on Jan, 12 2007 @ 10:21 AM
link   
yes, I agree that technology will and has increased exponentially. The developement of quantum computers will be an interesting one to keep an eye on, and all the theories of superpositioning, and realities undetermined that comes with it should prove VERY interesting.

I've often wondered, assumming everything about aliens comming to earth is true, how quickly these races are developing. If our tech knowledge increases exponentially with time (ie, we now mark our achievements in weeks,months and years, instead of decades and genorations), then what about aliens, if they have been visiting us since the dawn of time, and

url=http://www.dudeman.net/siriusly/ufo/art.shtml]THIS SITE[/url]

is a great site for showing that, ancient paintings, cave drawings etc., how much have THEY advanced, what to THEY mark achievements by. DAYS?? MINUTES?!?!?! and if so, what could they possibley be achieving, is there THAT MUCH to learn in the universe.

Intersting thoughts.

And for CHRIST SAKE (pun intended) can someone pleeEEeease tell me what the HELL these guys (god and jesus?) are doing with Sputnik..... MAN that a strange thing to paint in the 1600s when yer aint SUPPOSED to have seen anything like it.

VERY bloody strange

so THATS where it went, heh, silly us

Sputnik 1

Edited to add.... THIS SITE...in place of the link above not working

[edit on 12-1-2007 by Anomic of Nihilism]

www.dudeman.net...

[edit on 12-1-2007 by Anomic of Nihilism]

posted on Jan, 12 2007 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Anomic of Nihilism

And for CHRIST SAKE (pun intended) can someone pleeEEeease tell me what the HELL these guys (god and jesus?) are doing with Sputnik..... MAN that a strange thing to paint in the 1600s when yer aint SUPPOSED to have seen anything like it.

VERY bloody strange

so THATS where it went, heh, silly us

Sputnik 1

I think it represents two angels, or whoever they are, writing on a globe, that's what it looks like to me anyway, that or sputnik went back in time

EDIT -

When I first saw this painting, I was stumped. I had no idea how such a perfect drawing of Sputnik existed in the 1600s. But something seemed a bit odd to me: the two figures have their hands positioned on the 'antenna' not as if they are grasping it, but as if they're holding a pencil. I looked up a clearer, better version of the painting, and was immediately relieved. They're not holding onto a satellite; they're holding onto giant pencils with which they're drawing on the world. On the internet the orb appears grainy and black, making it looks as though the pencils and the earth are connected into a huge satellite-like shape. In better images, it's clear that the orb is the earth and the 'antennae' are pencils are styluses. It's also helpful to recall that during the middle ages Jesus and god were sometimes considered the "divine engineers," the architects who created the universe. This was during the age of building the great cathedrals of Europe; any historian would easily be able to identify this painting as non-UFO related.

[edit on 12-1-2007 by DarkSide]

posted on Jan, 12 2007 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Arrrrrrh YES, i see it now, you can ALMOST see the land masses on the globe. still quite an odd depiction though.

ok, you want proof...HERE'S YER PROOF....UFO's EXIST, THE GREATEST PICTURE EVER.....

such quality

The RAYGUN...hahh-ahahHAHAHAHHhh.....eeuhh.....hahhaHAHAHAHAHHHAAA!!!!

Funny how the...erm...RAYGUN...seems to look VERY MUCH like something someone from the 70s would design

WHAT WAS THIS GUY THINKING.....im mean jeeEEEese, COME ON

Sorry, i just love that pic....what a gimp

posted on Jan, 12 2007 @ 11:38 AM
link   

I've heard of him, the stuff i saw looked like it was from the 70s, bad copy. Didnt really bother after that, every time i read about him, it always mentions the "psychedelic drugs" thing, and whilst i have *Ahem* had my experiences, i dont think its a great approach to getting the info out there as your experiences are personel and therefore, hard to convey.

What can you tell me to summerise him and his work, i may watch his stuff,i've got some on my comp. but id like to know abit about what to expect before i do

I have read before about the "time wave" i ching thingy, found that quite facinating, i take it that was him then as you mentioned it before?

Terence Mckenna

Well he talks about lots of stuff so its hard to summarize everything...but basically he started out as a good friend of timothy leary ('___'), and became interested in other psychedelics. He went to the amazon to drink psychedelic tea (ayahuasca) and he said it basically zoomed him into another dimension where he experienced all sorts of extradimensional visions. Supposively this led him to calculate the timewave.

His timewave theory basically says that as u go back in time things get simpler and as u come to the present things are exponentially complex. Each day is more complex than everyday before that. The graph ascends during periods of 'habit' (which more or less means non-creative) such as the dark ages. And descends towards the zero point during periods of novelty (creative, non-habit) such as the renaissance.

Also time has a way of repeating or echoing. He found that certain periods of time when u look at the time wave look similar but on smaller scales... hard to explain but if you know what a fractal is then that can kind of give u a picture of what mean. One example is the big change in 1492 and columbus and the election of 2004 are 'resonant'. This was predicted before the year 2000 because that is when he died

How he discovered the map of time
fusionanomaly.net...

Here is a link to some examples of time periods shown on the timewave
www.levity.com...

[edit on 12-1-2007 by Mushroom Fields Forever]

posted on Jan, 12 2007 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mushroom Fields Forever

Terence Mckenna

Well he talks about lots of stuff so its hard to summarize everything...but basically he started out as a good friend of timothy leary ('___'), and became interested in other psychedelics. He went to the amazon to drink psychedelic tea (ayahuasca) and he said it basically zoomed him into another dimension where he experienced all sorts of extradimensional visions. Supposively this led him to calculate the timewave.

His timewave theory basically says that as u go back in time things get simpler and as u come to the present things are exponentially complex. Each day is more complex than everyday before that. The graph ascends during periods of 'habit' (which more or less means non-creative) such as the dark ages. And descends towards the zero point during periods of novelty (creative, non-habit) such as the renaissance.

Also time has a way of repeating or echoing. He found that certain periods of time when u look at the time wave look similar but on smaller scales... hard to explain but if you know what a fractal is then that can kind of give u a picture of what mean. One example is the big change in 1492 and columbus and the election of 2004 are 'resonant'. This was predicted before the year 2000 because that is when he died

How he discovered the map of time
fusionanomaly.net...

Here is a link to some examples of time periods shown on the timewave
www.levity.com...

[edit on 12-1-2007 by Mushroom Fields Forever]

I'm a big fan of mckenna. a lot of people discount what he talks about because of his penchant for psychedelics, but I say the native cultures on this continent (north/south america) centered their entire societies around psychedelic drug use and were phenomenally successful (until the europeans annihilated them.)

a lot mckenna speaks about resonates true to me. the man was a visionary! and his work with the iching and timewave theory was fascinating.

[edit on 12-1-2007 by k3il]

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join