It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2012??? The supposed date of contact??

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 05:32 PM
link   
thx for the backup anomic lol

although he can believe what he wants ...doesnt bother me ....ppl can think im a raving lunatic for all i care....i am happy with my beliefs and i dont care what ppl think of me ...after all it wont matter in 2012
oh and ill be 24 years old then haha

[edit on 1/9/2007 by Mayan2012]

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 05:39 PM
link   

The photon belt's discovery was due to a series of studies of the Pleiades that began in the days of the famous British Astronomer, Sir Edmund Halley (1656-1742). Halley discovered that at least three of the stars in this star group were not in the same positions recorded by the Greeks. The difference was so great that it was impossible that either the Greeks or Halley were wrong. Halley concluded tht the Pleiades moved witin a prescribed sytem of motion.

In 1961 science discovered, by means of satellites, a photon belt encircling the Pleiades. This photon belt circles the Pleiadian system at an absolute right angle to its orbital planes. As our sun (and the earth with it) orbits the Pleiades once every 25,860 years, it reaches the midpoint of the photon belt approximately every 12,500 years. It requires some 2,000 years to traverse it, meaning that after departing this realm, another 10,500 years pass before our Solar System enters it again.

The Photon Belt

ENJOY

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 05:42 PM
link   
I didnt even know this 2012 theory existed untill about 2 weeks ago when I first started visiting this site, along with many other theories. I'm pretty open minded and really intrigued by all of it but its kind of a slap in the face to wake up, if these theories prove to be real, so many people arnt going to be prepared for it. I thought I had a lot of knowledge yet it seems I have so little at times. Thank you for all of this information.

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Its cool.

I just dont understand how people can say conclusively that something is wrong WITHOUT trying to obtain all of the fact, ie, BOTH sides of the arguement.

Much prefer a discussion filled with contridictory facts than "tit for tat" discussions with no real meat to chew on.

Ive proberbly opened mt self WIDE open now for people to hit me with a BARRAGE of contridictory facts now but hey, Its good to chew the fat and learn.

Hi Mayan2012 by the way....are YOU strapped in,the next few years could be a little bumpy

[edit on 9-1-2007 by Anomic of Nihilism]

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 05:49 PM
link   
as we pass through the photon belt ...isnt it supposed to condense time .....making our year las longer than before? or is that just a crazy theory?

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 05:53 PM
link   
STRANGEVISION....

MAN you've got some catching up to do. have you read from the begining of the thread? Check out ALL the video links....GREAT places to start, watch them, make a mental note on some of the things you hear, then google them, its a FACINATING subject, and wether the Mayan stuff is true or not....its OBVIOUS that interesting things are hapening around this time, and in the last twenty or so years, science has REALLY begun to back this up

if you watch ANY of those links, watch GREGG BRADEN.....very intriguing stuff

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Apparently we are going to be living a 16 hour day instead of 24. of course we wont notice because we are in the bubble thats changing, relitivity/localised space time etc.

this isn't due to the photon belt though, its due to the fact that the area of space has more matter in it therefore is more dence, which would theoretically means time would speed up according to einstiens theories and observations of time dilation/compression near massive objects.

What this meens for us, who knows, maybe we wont even notice, but the fact is it could happen and THAT'S just DAMN facinating

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Yeah, ive read this thread, didnt check out every link but I will backtrack, ive been hanging around for a few weeks now and just signed up today, although I really dont have a lot to add yet because there is so much that I dont know. My mind is still processing a lot of the information ive been taking in. Nothing 'other worldy' has ever played a part in my life but im strangely drawn to things like this, like theres something I need to know. Ive been through a few long documentries but none on this subject yet.

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 06:04 PM
link   
lol to all the doubtful / disbelievers i say this :

remember back in the days where electricity wasnt heard of? ...and if u even spoke of it or thought about it you would be accused of witchcraft or .....they would blame it on "God" lol

remember when ppl thought the earth was Flat and they would burn ppl and execute ppl for thinking otherwise?

now look at us ...we have computer's...that have rapidly been growing in technology SUPER fast in fact...we have even went to the moon for gods sake ....look at how fast our technology has increased over the period of a century.

now ppl say that these 2012 mayan / summerian theories may not be true ...and doubtful etc.

well whatever floats their boat idc ....everyone has the right to believe what they want to believe.

i personally think between now and 30 years...we will achieve interstellar travel ...at the rate of our technologly right now we will be going into a star trek Era ...maybe not as advanced as it shows in star trek but very close ....and i also believe we will be using alien technology to help us .....as a result of the 2012 events in which we will be contacted worldwide and publicly.

anyways this is my belief and personal thoughts about what is to come in my lifetime.

~Regards Mayan2012

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Well welcome aboard.....

This subject takes you down sooOOo many intersting and varied paths, so you could do alot worse things than get into this subject.

And i know what you meen by being drawn to the subject, i started with reading Bruce Cathie about a year ago, and never looked back.

All i ask is that you finish what you start....always think a little outside the box, its nice outside the box, I even bought my own deck chair to chill outside the box

David/Dave Flynn is a good guy to look up for 2012 correlations, think his got a few on google vids.

Have FUN!!!

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Well it certainly is very interesting and ive had a blast here so far, I will have to catch up with this tommorow because I live in the UK and its getting late here now, work tommorow unfortunately! Thank you for the welcome and ill definently dig through this more tommorow, looking forward to watching some of the documentries especially.

Oh and also, I like it outside of the box.

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 06:22 PM
link   

i personally think between now and 30 years...we will achieve interstellar travel

Well think of this, a few years ago, BA (british airways) annonced...ON THE NEWS NO LESS, that they were starting a new research project called PROJECT GREEN GLOW...

BAE SYSTEMS (The company formed from the merger of British Aerospace and Marconi Electronic Systems) is currently running a speculative research programme in the realm of gravitational physics with the aim of initiating some new areas of research and priming technology development, with the hope that subsequent implementation, could lead to significant advances in the aerospace industry. For historical reasons we have called this programme project Greenglow

Now for one, they are colaborating with Marconi Electronic Systems, wich is quite suggestive in the propultion type. BUT....for anyone in the know...the words GREEN GLOW rings LOUD bells. this has been reported as the plasma discharge that surrounds a HIGHLY CHARGED EM FIELD when in contact with the air (usually green at the bottom, fading to pink(ish) on top)

"For historical reasons we have called this programme project Greenglow"

FOR HISTORICAL REASONS, whata loada crap

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Night night my friend, have a good sleep.

I live in the UK as well, so i shall be following suit very shortly

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 06:34 PM
link   
This is my proberbly my last post for now as im going to bed.

But for some light reading, here's one of only THREE sites you'll EVER find on Project Greenglow....seriously, go on, try it for your self, they've got this one WELL under raps.

Project Greenglow....DODGEY looking page for an official company, dont yer think?

And THIS is a link to my first ever thread, about project greenglow...aaaarrrr
and OBVIOUSLY no one was bloody interested

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Good night from me

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anomic of Nihilism
This is my proberbly my last post for now as im going to bed.

But for some light reading, here's one of only THREE sites you'll EVER find on Project Greenglow....seriously, go on, try it for your self, they've got this one WELL under raps.

Project Greenglow....DODGEY looking page for an official company, dont yer think?

And THIS is a link to my first ever thread, about project greenglow...aaaarrrr
and OBVIOUSLY no one was bloody interested

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Good night from me

yeah ive heard of PGG (project greenglow) my dad and i have talked about it after he told me about some of the future anti-grav technology we are going to achhieve soon (yes my dad is a very smart person ...he's a computer programmer for video game companies,and he is very scientific)

apparently what NASA say's is true ...if we are to have a propulsion system that can achieve faster than light travel we need ALOT of energy ....and right now we dont have an energy source small enough to fit into a spaceship that could go into space ...because theoretically it would take an infinite amount of force or energy (or a finite force acting over an infinite amount of time) to accelerate a ship or any thing to infinite momentum.

but new technology may make that happen.

im talking about ZPE (Zero Point Energy)

here is a couple of links to some Video's to explain ZPE and how it works because i simply cant explain every detail of ZPE and how it will be done
video.google.com...
video.google.com...
this WILL happen and WILL change everything

imagine a box the size of a laptop Generating power for your whole house Infinitely
it will revolutionize the whole world and make interstellar travel a
very real possibility

basicly ZPE is FREE ENERGY extracted from the quantum vacuum ..which is all around us ...in rocks,in the dirt...in the air....even in me and you lol

ive even seen a scientist run a test on a rock and he managed to power a mini motor hooked up to a normal rock and make it work ...its quite genious considering it was very small scale.

anyways having an infinite power source can in turn power anti-grav engines ...and propel a craft to go the speed of light or faster ...its all a matter of WHEN....not how ...or if.

i give it 10 - 25 years
hopefully with the help of our neighbours up in space

~Regards Mayan2012

P.S here is a good site for Antigravity Research and ZPE

www.americanantigravity.com...

posted on Jan, 10 2007 @ 03:39 AM
link   

what r u talking about? scientists have already proved ...we all use about 10 - 20% of our brains...no more than that ...its PROVEN buddy lol

oh really?

Sorry, my bad, i meant crossing THROUGH not into. and that 2D representation you linked dosnt really do the 3D reality justice, but hey, just picking.

What I meant is that the sun is and always was in the orion arm.

I NEVER said they stopped moving, dont know where you got that from.

How can light form a helix in the middle of a vacuum if they constantly travel at the speed of light in a vacuum?

It is scientifically PROVEN...CONCLUSIVELY, that we already HAVE mental powers, there just subdued at the moment.

I have never seen such proof.

but hit me with some RAW facts

the constant speed of photons, the full use of our brains, the E ring of saturn made from particles are all facts.

We are moving into the photon belt, you OBVIOUSLY havnt looked into it enough.

I have just done a search and read about it. Funnily enough I didn't find one credible scientific site talking about a photon belt. Only new age pseudo science that's strange

As our sun (and the earth with it) orbits the Pleiades once every 25,860 years

The sun does NOT orbit the pleiades...and it's verifiable

(1) No photon belt or other such region of increased energy has been discovered. Photons in any case are merely particles of electromagnetic energy, which we commonly experience as light. Upon exposure to excess photons the most common transformation of your being is sunburn.

(2) There's no "anomaly" near the Pleiades star cluster. The Pleiades are surrounded by a nebula, or gas cloud. This cloud is composed not of photons but of dust and hydrogen gas.

(3) The earth isn't heading toward the Pleiades but away from them. In the 1850s it was conjectured that the earth orbited the Pleiades, but this has long since been discredited.

www.straightdope.com...

[edit on 10-1-2007 by DarkSide]

posted on Jan, 10 2007 @ 04:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by DarkSide

what r u talking about? scientists have already proved ...we all use about 10 - 20% of our brains...no more than that ...its PROVEN buddy lol

oh really?

ok ...i am mistaken ...i always thought it was proven correct ..i thought they had instruments to prove crap liek that ...ANYWAYS .....theres no proof we use 100% of our brains either....is there? well ...is there? NO there isnt ...as my signature says buddy ...Anything's possible ...how can u look at all the pics of galaxies and stars and nebulae and think things are impossible....we are like an ATOM in the GRAIN of SAND To the UNIVERSE ... there are things out there in the universe that our brains couldnt even concieve

i think we use 10 - 50% of our brains ....all humans do ...thats my belief whether its true or not idc ....i find it very logical to move things with your mind and talk to people with your mind .....if our brains can dream dreams.....if our brains can remember things so vividly and clear then why not? ...anythings possible

[edit on 1/10/2007 by Mayan2012]

posted on Jan, 10 2007 @ 04:18 AM
link   
I still think the most interesting theory about 2012 is Project Bluebeam.

It's got a bit of everything: Science, Religion, Aliens, Politics...
you name it!

Project Bluebeam

As far as contact goes... i dunno. I've just re-read Chariots of the Gods and there is a lot of evidence for contact in the distant past... maybe they've given up on us.

posted on Jan, 10 2007 @ 04:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mayan2012
ok ...i am mistaken ...i always thought it was proven correct ..i thought they had instruments to prove crap liek that ...ANYWAYS .....theres no proof we use 100% of our brains either....is there? well ...is there? NO there isnt

The brain is divided into several parts that each have their own task (memory,logic,sight etc). We don't use all the brain at the same time, but each region of it has a function and is used at one time or another in function of what you are doing (reading, running, dreaming etc). There are therefore no unused parts of the brain.

if our brains can dream dreams.....if our brains can remember things so vividly and clear then why not? ...anythings possible

I don't know. No living brain, human or not, has ever shown an ability to move objects since they are studied.

posted on Jan, 10 2007 @ 04:43 AM
link   

What I meant is that the sun is and always was in the orion arm.

I never said we weren't

How can light form a helix in the middle of a vacuum if they constantly travel at the speed of light in a vacuum?

Good question, I dont know. You'll have to ask UCLA about that one.

I have never seen such proof.

Obviously, otherwise we wouldn't be having this conversation.
If you really care about proof, Get a book called "Conscious Acts of Creation", that will give you ALL the verifiable,credable proof you need.

the E ring of saturn made from particles are all facts.

Well, at least we both agree that its made up of particles

The sun does NOT orbit the pleiades...and it's verifiable

Yeah, i thought that sounded a little strange myself.

No photon belt or other such region of increased energy has been discovered

Never say never, I have read a fair bit to suggest that there IS a photon belt, so it will just have to remain to be seen. The will always be opinions built of half truths and filtered information, will just have to wait untill technology allows us to be more conclusive.

The site you linked does a good of a job debunking the theory as sites ive read proving the theory. With out SOLID evidence it will always be hard to say for sure, but ive seen more evidence to show that there IS something out there as opposed to nothing being out there.

Maybe im getting my wires crossed with info, maybe its not the photonbelt as describe, with the pleiades yudda yudda. But the IS proof of exited energy in this area that we are moving into.

The Russians have looked at the leading edge of this heliosphere, and they have observed glowing ,excited plasma energy there. This plasma energy used to be 10 astronomical units deep (an astronomical unit is the distance from the Earth to the Sun, 93,000,000 miles). So ten astronomical units represents the normal thickness of this glowing energy that we used to see at the front end of the Solar System.

Today, that glowing plasma has gone to 100 astronomical units deep. Although Dmitriev's paper does not give an exact timeline, we can assume that this increase happened in the same 1963 to 1993 period as the increase he found in natural disasters. Whenever it happened, that's a 1,000 percent increase in the overall brightness of the energy at the front end of the Solar System.

And this means that the Solar System itself is moving into an area where the energy is more highly charged.

So hey,three sides to every story, yours,mine and the truth.

Good hunting my friend

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join