It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2012??? The supposed date of contact??

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mayan2012
well this is my first post here on ATS although ive been coming here alot just reading peoples posts and threads
[edit on 8-1-2007 by Mayan2012]

[edit on 1/8/2007 by Mayan2012]

Mayan, thanks for the reply and it's obvious that you have an interest in the subject due to your screen name even.
I appreciate all your thoughts very much and it helps to sort some things out it my search....by the way, welcome to ATS, lots of super cool and intelligent people here with widely variable ideas.

Peace and thanks agan, Mondo

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 07:53 AM
link   
I personally don't buy into this 2012 thing but here is a website for those who are interested. I don't know the credibility of the information but it is interesting;

Beyond 2012

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 08:01 AM
link   
I will be haveing cake and ice cream hopefully, it's my daughters birthday.

I think of Dec.21,2012 as the New Beginning. Maybe this is when the lands will all be changed as you have all heard about.

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 08:58 AM
link   

1)the ancients knew ALOT more than we are told they did

Probably, but they certainly didn't build aircraft.

2)cataclysm HAS happened on this planet, for god sake, the POLE has flipped 26 times in earths KNOWN history...thats a FACT,a conclusive fact. so it is conceivable that it will happen again, and that it may have wiped out a civilaisation and that info may have been held in stories and belief structures

Yes it has, and it will happen again (not a pole flip will destroy life but whatever), but you can't tell when they will happen according to a mayan calender.

The universe is a MIRACLE

How can you call the universe a miracle if you don't know anything else than the universe?

if you tried explaining the existence to the universe,quantum mechanics and alike to a primitive being, they wouldn't believe you, or they have a hard time concieving the concept.

You know even the best quantum physicists have a hard time understanding quantum mechanics.

"I think i can safely say that nobody understands quantum mechanics"Richard Feynmann

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Yes it has, and it will happen again (not a pole flip will destroy life but whatever), but you can't tell when they will happen according to a mayan calender.

If "hard times" are linked with galactic cycles, and the mayans were aware of these cycles, then yes you can.

I certainly dont believe the world will end in 2012, but i really do think that it signifies a change.

You dont know how the universe works so you cant say for certain that it wont, and although i cant say for certain that it will, i CAN say theres alot of info to say that it might.

How can you call the universe a miracle if you don't know anything else than the universe?

wether there are one or one million OR an infinite number of multiverse realities, i'd call every single one a miracle. dont YOU find it mind blowing that anything exists at all?

Probably, but they certainly didn't build aircraft

Never said they did, and anyway, how would you know? you weren't there

You know even the best quantum physicists have a hard time understanding quantum mechanics

indeed. but i was merely using that as an analogy to say that...

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former" Albert Einstein

All im saying is, we should keep an open mind about everything, and NEVER assume we know something. The human ego is a really dirty burden that needs shifting

[edit on 9-1-2007 by Anomic of Nihilism]

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 10:55 AM
link   
I know a lot of people seem to be dismissing the whole 2012 end of the world/beginning of the world/amazing alien laser show featuring special guests or whatever someone decides to throw in there next. But all I do know is there is a scientific aspect to it which includes a soltice that happens once every 28,000 years or so.

So i'd encourage people to read into the science behind 2012 and not so much the 'prophecies'. As for those we'll just have to wait and see

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 11:21 AM
link   

If "hard times" are linked with galactic cycles, and the mayans were aware of these cycles, then yes you can.

What do you mean by galactic cycles? The position of our sun while the galaxy revolves?

dont YOU find it mind blowing that anything exists at all?

I do. But we can't imagine what non-existance is.

how would you know? you weren't there

If they had built machines we would have known about it, airports or any kind of factory, and the vehicles wouldn't just disappear into thin air with the mayan civilisation.

All im saying is, we should keep an open mind about everything, and NEVER assume we know something. The human ego is a really dirty burden that needs shifting

Yes we should, but over-believing is the other extreme

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 11:25 AM
link   

So i'd encourage people to read into the science behind 2012 and not so much the 'prophecies'. As for those we'll just have to wait and see

What you just said there is my point exactly.

Read everything and keep an open mind, I read everything to do with all this stuff because when science comes along with proof of something relating to all this, I can then go back in my mind to something that fits with regards to the ancient stuff.

a great example is the sumerian stuff, with them saying that we come from this big red blob thats further out than pluto, and then (whilst everyones thinking planet X) BAM! they find that we are most likely part of a binary system, with our cellestial companion being a red dwarf.
this information is found on a documentary called "The Great Year". Its ALL about the precessionary cycle.

so yes, read everything, DENY IGNORANCE!!

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 12:02 PM
link   

What do you mean by galactic cycles? The position of our sun while the galaxy revolves?

Yep! the position of our system with relation to the galactic plane, plays a significant role in the earths history/future.

As we line up, we a prone to more high frequecy radiation,energetic particles and alike.

As we are crossing into the ARM of the galaxy, known as the Arm of Orion, we will be subjected to a barrage of cosmic dust, which solar winds at the moment are keeping at bay.
This cosmic dust WILL cause the sun to get a bit pissed, start kicking out LARGE solar flares and generally give off more heat (the sun is showning more activity in the last 40 years than records show for the last 1150 years)

Saturns rings prove this happens, the outer ones are much newer than the inner rings, showing an influx of dust and particles at regular intervels (1000s of years of course).

The Keck observatory has confirmed that the black hole at the center IS indeed feeding again. Its estimated to have a mass of 100 BILLION suns, AND STARS HAVE BEEN SEEN WHIPPING AROUND IT up to 80% THE SPEED OF LIGHT!!!!!!

It is said that if this thing "BURPS", it will create a gravity wave, and the toroidal forces will shake the earth up pretty damn nicely. The gravty wave will travel almost at the speed of light, so when the blue star appears (the Hopi legend,light at the galactic center), we wont have long before earth is surfing.

The Solar system is also moving into a denser area of space, this theoretically means the time will be condenced because time and space are interchangable, compress one you compress the other. proof of this is found with the sun, apparently time on the suns surface is an hour faster than here on earth because MORE MASS COMPRESSES THE SPACE. we dont feel the effects of this time compression because of relitivity, we exist WITHIN the bubble that is changing so we are changing relative to it.

We are moving into the photon belt as confirmed by Chinese and now American astronomers. More EM radiation flying about, more light particles, all relivant for existence. Our DNA responds to light, in fact our DNA some how intrains photons and actracts them to it.Our DNA even immits Photons.
They had a vacuum tube, recorded the photons in the tube.....scattered as expected, they placed some DNA in there, the Photons all lined up with the helical shape of the DNA. They took the DNA away, The photons should have all scattered but they didnt, they remained in the Helix formation...as if DNA somehow IMPRINTS its very existence in the fabric of space.

We don't have a model for this, this does not fit any of our known physical,chemical or biological ideas. We are CONSTANTLY being shown that we have to humble ourselves and appreciate that the unverse and its mysteries are greater than our understanding.

Once again i say,the human ego is a dirty troublesome asset, we should not wonder through existence,assuming we know anything.

Until we ARE gods,we'll always be learning

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 12:14 PM
link   
I was one of the skeptics on 2012 year and date, but after I have had a couple of years to read up on the issue I have found that their is enough conclusive proof to make the time period significant in my book.

There are a lot of the metaphysical theories, but there are also many many logical mathmatic, astronomical, geo-physical examples that are making me believe something will transpire. Not sure exactly what yet but something.

Just the Zero Point be Gregg Braden made me stand up and take a second look.

I figure if you hear it once it's a rumor, but if you hear it a second, third....etc....then it's time to look into it because the rumor will have some truth behind it.

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 12:27 PM
link   

but there are also many many logical mathmatic, astronomical, geo-physical examples that are making me believe something will transpire. Not sure exactly what yet but something.

Thats JUST it, you hit the nail on the head my friend.

the word (or date) 2012 carries the same bad taste as do the words, UFOs,aliens conspiracy, psychics etc.

But once you actually start doing some research, logic takes over and says "hang on, HOW much fact is backing this supposed fiction".

And if anything, researching this stuff takes you to soOOoo many different areas of interest, it really opens your eyes to the beauty of EVERYTHING, from creation to the ancients, the nature of existence and all else in between. And that can't be a bad thing eh?

[edit on 9-1-2007 by Anomic of Nihilism]

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anomic of Nihilism
As we are crossing into the ARM of the galaxy, known as the Arm of Orion, we will be subjected to a barrage of cosmic dust, which solar winds at the moment are keeping at bay.

Nonsense. The sun is PART of the orion arm. It revolves with ALL the stars in the orion arm at the same time, think of a giant wheel, the sun is in one of the "arms" and turns along with it.

Saturns rings prove this happens, the outer ones are much newer than the inner rings, showing an influx of dust and particles at regular intervels (1000s of years of course).

The outer rings of saturn are actually formed of microscopic particles from the cold volcanism (cryovolcanism) of the moon Enceladus.

We are moving into the photon belt as confirmed by Chinese and now American astronomers. More EM radiation flying about, more light particles, all relivant for existence. Our DNA responds to light, in fact our DNA some how intrains photons and actracts them to it.Our DNA even immits Photons.
They had a vacuum tube, recorded the photons in the tube.....scattered as expected, they placed some DNA in there, the Photons all lined up with the helical shape of the DNA. They took the DNA away, The photons should have all scattered but they didnt, they remained in the Helix formation...as if DNA somehow IMPRINTS its very existence in the fabric of space.

As I said in another thread, photons cannot stop and shape a helix, they are massless.

The photon has zero invariant mass and travels at the constant speed c, the speed of light in empty space. However, in the presence of matter, a photon can be slowed or even absorbed, transferring energy and momentum proportional to its frequency

[edit on 9-1-2007 by DarkSide]

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 02:45 PM
link   
if theres any weight to the 2012 date, I put my money on extraterrestrial contact. seeing as we have no idea how the mayans constructed such an accurate calendar, perhaps it was given to them as a kind of count-down to a re-arrival. that would be swell.

all speculation of course. it'd be rad if it were true!!!

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mondogiwa

well this is my first post here on ATS although ive been coming here alot just reading peoples posts and threads
[edit on 8-1-2007 by Mayan2012]

[edit on 1/8/2007 by Mayan2012]

Mayan, thanks for the reply and it's obvious that you have an interest in the subject due to your screen name even.
I appreciate all your thoughts very much and it helps to sort some things out it my search....by the way, welcome to ATS, lots of super cool and intelligent people here with widely variable ideas.

Peace and thanks agan, Mondo

thanks man and yeah alot of very smart ppl here with very good theories.....dissapoints me to see the doomsayers and disbelievers....but then again .....not everyone can see things in the same perspective as others can.

i have been studying ancient art and paintings from the 12th,14th, and 15th centuries where even the THOUGHT of aircraft and flying manned objects would have lead you to burn at the stake and i always think to myself....is this human imagination? or is it things they have seen and experienced in those times. here is a link to some of the most questionable art of that era:

Anyways, apart from that .....we also know that the mayans didnt TOTALLY base their calendars on "mythology" in fact they were very very intelligent and advanced in the astronomy field......their calendar's are so precise and accurate that we even use some of them today as refference to celestial changes and what-not.

now....if what the summerians say is true ...and the annunaki are very much a real thing.....AND that they will return .....then their is no doubt in my mind that 2012 would be a logical date for their arrival ...i mean look at the messy crap earth is in now ....so many events has happened since 2001 ...SOMETHING has to change ...something good NOT bad .....like i said....the mayans never predicted anything catastrophic for 12 - 21 - 12

whether we become more telepathic/spiritually enlightened or not ...i dont know....its something im waiting to find out and very excited about.....

whether we get visited by the annunaki or some other advanced race of beings from some far away solar system i dont know....but i would liek to think so.

Earth deserves it ...we all deserve a change ...i have been bored of the way things are for some time now and this is what ive been waiting for.

~Regards Mayan2012

[edit on 1/9/2007 by Mayan2012]

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 03:49 PM
link   

not everyone can see things in the same perspective as others can.

Oh sorry, I must'nt be one of the chosen ones

i have been studying ancient art and paintings from the 12th,14th, and 15th centuries where even the THOUGHT of aircraft and flying manned objects would have lead you to burn at the stake and i always think to myself....is this human imagination? or is it things they have seen and experienced in those times. here is a link to some of the most questionable art of that era:

There have been "UFO" sightings since antiquity, so I believe it's logical artists would depict them throughout millenia. It's also interesting that they are represented along with religious figures, they obsviously thought ufo's were celestial beings.

whether we become more telepathic/spiritually enlightened or not ...i dont know....its something im waiting to find out and very excited about.....

Why would you suddenly acquire mental powers? Will I get to through fireballs like in dragonball Z?

Earth deserves it ...we all deserve a change ...i have been bored of the way things are for some time now and this is what ive been waiting for.

What makes you think aliens are here to save us?

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 03:56 PM
link   
because for all you know or we know....they could be taking care of us .....watching us...making sure we dont blow ourselves up ......no one has the right to disprove any theory untill it has been seen to be false ....no one knows .....the above post is only my opinion and theory that i believe

EDIT: and i didnt say mental powers or anything like DBZ ....i read somewhere that earth will pass through a certain part of space that COULD increase our telepathic /spiritual ability(AKA passing into the 4th dimension) ...since we all have it in some form or another its just laying dormant in a part of your brain that u dont use.....

lol just my thoughts and beliefs...nothing else

~Regards Mayan2012

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 05:03 PM
link   

and i didnt say mental powers or anything like DBZ ....i read somewhere that earth will pass through a certain part of space that COULD increase our telepathic /spiritual ability(AKA passing into the 4th dimension)

The idea of earth going through a photon belt is junk, that comes obviously from an underground "scientific news" site such as pravda.ru

...since we all have it in some form or another its just laying dormant in a part of your brain that u dont use.....

Evidence? We use all of our brains unfortunately.

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 05:26 PM
link   
what r u talking about? scientists have already proved ...we all use about 10 - 20% of our brains...no more than that ...its PROVEN buddy lol

and actually .....passing through a photon belt or not .....there isnt proof ...but there isnt proof that we wont either ....guess we just have to wait and see ...space is a miraculous thing and there is many things and anomalies in space that we couldnt even comprehend in our miniscule brains...

who's to say there isnt a photon belt we are gonna pass through and who's to say we dont have telepathy laying dormant in our brains.....after all some ancient civilizations on earth were supposed to have used telepathy to communicate with each other

~Regards Mayan2012

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Nonsense. The sun is PART of the orion arm. It revolves with ALL the stars in the orion arm at the same time, think of a giant wheel, the sun is in one of the "arms" and turns along with it.

Sorry, my bad, i meant crossing THROUGH not into. and that 2D representation you linked dosnt really do the 3D reality justice, but hey, just picking.

The outer rings of saturn are actually formed of microscopic particles from the cold volcanism (cryovolcanism) of the moon Enceladus.

Yes, this is ONE theory, however there is a problem with distribution in the rings which makes me lean ALOT more to the influx of cosmic dust theory.

As I said in another thread, photons cannot stop and shape a helix, they are massless.

I NEVER said they stopped moving, dont know where you got that from.

Why would you suddenly acquire mental powers?

It is scientifically PROVEN...CONCLUSIVELY, that we already HAVE mental powers, there just subdued at the moment. Even Quantum physics shows us that WE as a observer, effect the out come of experiments, as if time, space and our pressious "laws" of what can and cant happen, dont matter at all.

You should read a book called CONSCIOUS ACTS OF CREATION. a HIGHLY credible book written by HIGHLY credible people, doing HIGHLY scientific and credible experiments to prove that the person can induce a robust change or effect in the the subject being observed.

I appreciate your comming up with arguements to my opinions, but hit me with some RAW facts, rather than disagreable statements....

Thats not a challange or anything like that, i appreciate ALL knowledge, so i would appreciate what YOU have to offer, contridictory or not....(but i cant learn much from a few "statements")

Pleased to make your aquaintance by the way

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 05:30 PM
link   

The idea of earth going through a photon belt is junk, that comes obviously from an underground "scientific news" site such as pravda.ru

WOAH DUDE!!

do some SERIOUS RESEARCH, its not OBVIOUSLY from PRAVADA just because YOU dont believe it

YOU'RE obviously from pravada because i dont believe you

you only know as much as you read, I suggest that you need to read more

We are moving into the photon belt, you OBVIOUSLY havnt looked into it enough.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join