It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK 5 year olds to be fingerprinted for school

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2007 @ 06:23 AM
link   
It appears biometric data is being collected on children with an aim of defeating terrorism in the future.

www.yorkpress.co.uk...

posted on Jan, 8 2007 @ 06:33 AM
link   
I just dont understand why dont the brits say anything to the soon to be orwellion govt?.They wake up every morning,life thier live and goto sleep.damm sheeple,I doubt britons would say anything.If you have everything ie better standard of living why complain about minute things.I know where this is all heading to.The exact scenario of the STAR WARS universe is unfolding here.Makes me think how did geroge lucas had this idea?

SO let me say FOR THE REBEL ALLIANCE

[edit on 8-1-2007 by manchurian_candidate]

posted on Jan, 8 2007 @ 06:52 AM
link   
I think most Brits are resigned to their fate we've lived in a system that is undemocratic for too long. If we complain enough something might be done. Allthough you know a country has problems when the people have to riot to get their point across.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jan, 8 2007 @ 08:17 AM
link   
heres my 2cents.....

right now, we (the Brits) are being BULLIED on to the Oyster card.

Origionally you had to register it....people didnt like that, so they said you dont have register it. So, more people got the Oyster card. Now if you dont have the card, Buses cost £2 and tube costs £4. and the contradictions that come with it, one day Ken livingston said that he hopes the new price increase (and the bloody rest) will "encourage" people to take up the Oyster card, AND TWO DAYS LATER, he says that this is not a scheme to force people to use it.......HA!!!..i know i wont be traveling anywhere with prices that stupid.

So thats the first "lock" on our whereabouts, when you register your card, they can trace you at every turn.....WHY!!!!

So from the start of this scheme, it showed how the people are very reluctant to change and give up their freedoms, so they wont be getting their info by asking for it, so fingerprinting the nation is out of the question.......

......WAIT A MINUTE!!! I KNOW (they thought), if we introduce fingerprinting in primary schools, 1)the kids wont say anything 'cos they know not to,we're the adults. AND 2) if we get them all NOW in 10-15 years time we'll have a WHOLE GENERATION of logged individuals on a database, then all we have to do is wait to the older generation DIE, then we wont have to worry about free radicals

ALL of this is BULLY tactics, DIRTY, DECEITFUL and A DOWNRIGHT EMBARRASEMENT TO OUR GOUVERNMENT.

LTKA...Leave Them Kids Alone website, please read, VERY importent INFO

posted on Jan, 8 2007 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by carslake
If we complain enough something might be done. Allthough you know a country has problems when the people have to riot to get their point across.

Unfortuneatly that is the very problem.
In modern times, complaining about rights and policies can be considered to be an act of 'terrorism.'

It is an Ironic Cycle.
They force fingerprinting to prevent terrorism.
You complain.
Thus validating their 'reasoning.'

The only way to stop government actions like this is an upheaval 100% supported by 100% of the citizens.

posted on Jan, 8 2007 @ 11:46 AM
link   
This is running alongside the police fingerprinting drivers in the UK and other schemes waiting in the wings to eventually expand the UK DNA and fingerprint database to include EVERY UK CITIZEN!

According to The Register over 700,000 schoolchildren in 3,500 schools across Britain have already been fingerprinted. Even parental consent is being over-ridden with the argument that it is up to the individual (ie: child) to state that they refuse, despite the fact that they are too young to fully appreciate the debate on the 'Database State' and Civil Liberties and freedoms...

posted on Jan, 13 2007 @ 12:35 AM
link   
Why does everything happen in the UK before spreading to the US? They have cameras on every corner in their cities and now American cities are copying those of London for example. Is the MI6 really more powerful than the CIA?

posted on Jan, 17 2007 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Even Kim il Jong would be having wet-dreams over the surveillance state we have here in the UK...at least you have a written constitution to try and enforce, we dont have anything like that, just 'granted priveliges' that can be removed or over-ridden by a few dusty old crones in the house of lords

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 06:35 PM
link   

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 07:07 PM
link   
I started a thread along these lines about childcare assistance payments in Louisiana...here's the link (hope I've done this correctly)

www.abovetopsecret.com...'

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 11:11 AM
link   
In Canada when you are born you have your finger prints taken since the 70's is that New World order.

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by LooseLipsSinkShips
Why does everything happen in the UK before spreading to the US?

It seems we are a test ground, Whatever works over here will work basically anywhere.
Ive thought this since last year.

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by LooseLipsSinkShips
Why does everything happen in the UK before spreading to the US? They have cameras on every corner in their cities and now American cities are copying those of London for example. Is the MI6 really more powerful than the CIA?

The UK has a quater of the USA's population, more densely populated, less open territory and ONE BIG DIFFERENCE.

The main stream population is UNARMED.

This is the big difference. If we here in the UK wanted an uprising we would be using sticks and hoes ala french revolution style, and the police / army would have guns, gas, stun weapons and worse.

Its a case of build a big enough moat from the general population to those who protect the powers that be and a revolution will be almost impossible

Please note i said almost.

I i used to work for an agency that spent a month a year planning for a 'worse case scenario'. You know what that scenario was ? massive PEACFUL civil disobedience. Yep they fear that the most above all other things.

as for the fingerprint locks, it is indoctrination. Children see it happening to the adults and accept is as the norm - the case of children born in holocaust camps attests best to this. They had trouble adjusting after the war as their lives were not regulated by men and women in grey with guns.

We live in dangerous times with dangerous people at the helm.

[edit on 2-6-2008 by Dan Tanna]

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 02:10 PM
link   
I had my left index finger taken at school under the excuse of using it to buy school lunches so there is less chance of the money being stolen from you.

Stupid since you machine you put the money in is right outside the cafeteria anyway

We were not really told we have a choice but meh, they got my left finger, and me being left handed and not too careful my fingers gain a new scar every other week. In two years it has only ever read it once (quite recently) and took twice as long as it should. You can finger print a child but unless you keep him inside for his life his fingerprints wont be recognisable as an adult.

(Though saying that the scare tactics they use to keep children inside could remove that problem.)

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dar Kuma

It seems we are a test ground,...

Totally... thing is though.. the 'Cam' situation has been proved..That it doesn't work.

This is a scary step towards keeping tabs on the whereabouts of anyone and everyone.
What's next?Finding out via DNA testing what people are susceptible too?

If they find out that a certain 'group' are more liable to commit crime what then?.Genetic re-coding?Eradication?

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 02:40 PM
link   
back in the early 80's our government tried that here in australia an id card with our index print on it.
but they dropped the idea when the people repelled. do you know why they dropped the idea because we have GUNS! we also had a labour government
at the time.

top topics

join