It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Want to update video driver: NO IDEA HOW

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2007 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Well, XP should have set a restore point when you installed the "driver update" ... Try going into system restore and choose the most recent [today] restore point.

Let us know how you make out.

posted on Jan, 8 2007 @ 09:25 AM
link   
*gulp*

Here goes.

posted on Jan, 8 2007 @ 09:36 AM
link   
I've got no system restore points. It must have cleared it or something for the new year, and I've got it set to minimum because I've only got 2-3 GB left on the HD.

Dammit.

About to fall asleep. Will check back first thing. It'll be interesting to see how this NYC gas thing plays out . . .

[edit on 8/1/2007 by watch_the_rocks]

posted on Jan, 8 2007 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Okay, the download from the Acer site fixed everything, and now my software works as well!!

Thankx everyone for helping out.
Problem? Sovled.

posted on Jan, 8 2007 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Glad to know your finally good to go, w_t_r

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 12:26 AM
link   
I updated my video driver a while ago, it's an ATI one, but now when I boot up I get a window come up (just a normal window) with an ATI SUPPORT folder in it, is this normal or can I make it so it doesn't come up???

Also is my video card burned out if I get pink rectangles all over the screen (sometimes green), It might be because of counter strike but I dont know...

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Hi Chris, Sounds to me like its "burnt out", but it could also be a corrupt driver. if you can get online, try downloading the latest driver. start in safe mode and remove the old driver and then install the new one.

Hope this helps!!

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 02:05 PM
link   
I did get the latest driver, as I said I got an ATI one, Why would I need to be in safemode to remove it, can't I just go in remove programs???

I ahven't been using this Graphics card for a while but it was brand new when it went faulty, I've had an old one in there.
I'm trying to install it and it wont find the right software and I keep getting a problem with REDRAW (as support calls it, other screens on top of the one I viewing.

I say it was vrand new, I had it two days before I downloaded a driver update and it started around then co it could be that.

It isn't getting redraw or the pink rectangles when I boot up but kicks in afetr a few mins...

[edit on 9-1-2007 by chris01621]

posted on Jan, 10 2007 @ 10:37 AM
link   
it sounds like its over heating, I had a problem like this myself once (it would work fine for a while and then then the images on the screen would look like a "quallity street" rapper!!) . if the card is new, I would take it back and ask for it to be tested or replaced.

could the graphics card your using at the minute be an older model than the one you were using before?? If you update a driver over the top of an older version it can on very rare occasitions cause conflicts when also installing an older card, a clean install can sometimes cure problems like these and its just a recommendation to do it in safe mode.

posted on Jan, 10 2007 @ 08:09 PM
link   
They are 2 different models, it's awkward to get it changed because it came in the PC, the company wont replace it at the store, they have to come out to us, we have already had one changed this way, same model as the faulty one now, it is why we got it in the first place, the original burnt out (after some good use) and they replaced it with this one.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join