It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alien on Ilkley Moor Photographed?- 1 December 1987

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by psycho81
I'm so glad this topic came up. I live not far from Ilkley and i have been to Ilkley moor quite a few times and i can vouch that there is some really strange stuff going on up there.

When i was about 17 me and a friend took a trip up to Ilkley moor to kill some time while we were out of work. We went nearly to to highest point of the moors, once we got as far as we could without getting lost we realized it would be getting dark soon so we headed back down.

We then took a steady walk down, For those who know Ilkley moor you will know there is like a Cafe thing in the middle of the moors. As we reached this point it was fairly dark.

Both of us entered the cafe to get some drinks and some crisps, As soon as we got in there we had the strangest feeling that the people in this cafe (About 6-8 People) did not want us there. It was when we left this cafe we saw something that to this day still makes the hairs stand up on the back of my neck.

What we saw was not from this world as they were just too fast, There were about 4-5 white looking things. I say white because this was due to some bright light that basically made half the trees and everything around this light bright white. This light looks like it was coming from some sort of craft.

Just in front of this light were what i can only describe as what looked like skinny people crouched on there hands and feet running around and behind this bright light at a phenomenal pace. Never believed in anything like this before so i just ran like hell towards the Town center. Just as we were at the bottom of the moors we took a look back and this thing was about a mile and 1/2 from where it was when we first saw it.

I know people have there opinions about my story and how it could be real or could not be real. I have no evidence other than my friends word of mouth. I have nothing to gain by fobbing off some fake story. I will get some pictures off Google earth to show where i saw this strange event.

I am thinking of taking a camping trip to Ilkley more to face my fears, To this day i wish i would have taken a closer look at what ever this thing was even though it scared the life out of me.

You are referring to White Wells Cafe?

The scene of a Victorian Alien sighting!!!

White Wells is a cold spa bath and cafe, the waters from the Moor are thought to be good for the health so they built a bath there, In Victorian times, the bath attendant went to to open up using his big iron key. He described how the key went all wobbly like putty and finally when he did manage to open the door with it, the bath was full of little green elves or pixies that all scurried up the wall and out of the bath compound.

No such thing as spacemen or UFOs in Victorian times, Did this man see Aliens or was he just drunk or deluded? His story was fully reported in the local paper at the time.

There are a lot of 'Magic Mushrooms' for the taking on Ilkley Moor in Autumn; highly hallucinogenic!

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Denied

MPORTANT: This thread is about the Ilkley Moor Alien photograph not about Alan Godfrey's case. Both are two diferent cases from
the UK. As I said the Ilkley Moor Alien photograph was taken by
Philip Spencer who was also like Godfrey a policeman.
Alan Godfrey never took a photograph of his experience.

In order to avoid more confusion just check Ilkley Moor Alien
on the Internet and see the Philip Spencer story and photo or
read this report from BJ Booth:

www.ufocasebook.com...

Thanks for pointing that out, was getting slightly confused there....
Many thanks.

On topic, he looks like your typical grey, long arms, only he has huge hands??
They look like clubs almost.

[edit on 11-1-2007 by Denied]

I can believe this photo, but why the hell is his left arm twice and long as his right arm? It's been suggested on this thread that he is bending his arm, making it look shorter, but you can still see the arm cut off shorter. The other suggestion which is more believable is that he is holding something in his left hand. This may be true, as it appears he may have grabbed a bush, possibly to take back and sample. The photo has a legit look because the alien appears to be in movement, and also appears to see that someone is taking a picture of him. In all truths, this does not look like a grey alien but a chupacabra - the brown aliens with pointy ears being reported in South America. Were the chupacabra responsible for the Colares events? Who knows, it could have been the greys.

Originally posted by convilkley
I live close to Ilkley and have always been interested in this case.
I've been trying to track down the japanese TV show "Nippon TV" that featured the only interview of the abductee, so far without any success, any ideas ?

I found this footage which is pretty cool, the initial investigators discuss the case

Part 1
Part 2

These days sightings in the area are almost always red orbs flying around...

Can anyone recover this footage?
edit on 8-1-2011 by HRegressor because: 2nd qoute

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Sorry for the multiple posts, just been checking a book on this!

The Picture is expanded!!! Mortimer noticed the landscape in the picture didn't look right, a rippling effect in the middle of the picture expanded the shot and he discovered that when the photo was compressed in a computer, the image of the DGM changed and morphed into a typical grey entity with detailed fingers and large eyes! A beam of light ejected to or from the entity

Try this one of you Photo shop experts, you end up with a slimmer more human like grey!

Over the Horison to the right is a crater where the subject stated the UFO was grounded,Jenny Randel pointed out that a rock at this position reflected sunlight at that time of day and might account for the "blob". She didn't leave unconvinced

She just said that "to have an abductee film the entity that allegedly abducts him, seems too good to be true, However to be equally honest, one has to say that there is no evidence to support this"

Got tons more info on this one, but i can't just cut and paste it as it's in a weird e-book formatt, seen a picture of that slimmer Grey though and it's more realistic!

edit on 8-1-2011 by tilpah because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by tilpah
I can see Ilkley Moor as I type this! There are no Potholes on Ilkley Moor so unless someone had dressed for the occasion of a hoax then there is no reason for a scuba diver to be up there.

I must admit I was sceptical of the scuba diver theory. I'll have to try and dig out the relevant issue of Fortean Times because I'm sure the letter was from someone local to Ilkley Moor.

I'm about 35 miles from Ilkley and have never been there but hope to have a hike around sometime this summer. Do you know the exact spot on the moor where the pic was taken? Google Earth coordinates would be handy.

Kinder Scout is closer to home for me and that has it's fair share of odd things including George King's "signature" on a rock where the Aetherians still meet to this day!

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by torsion Google Earth coordinates would be handy

I'm still scratching my head on this

53" 54' 52.72n 1" 49'06.33 w is a rough guess!

from what I read

"Spencer took the pathway from white Wells", Ok, he's heading for East Morten, so that means heading roughly South East.....

"A stand of conifers easily seen from the town which run along a ridge south east away from the Photo site."

But it's not really a ridge more a hollow running roughly North South. Under the ridge!

Spencer says he was walking towards the trees when he saw the entity and as the ground levelled out picked up a path which ran along side the trees.

If he walked towards the trees then that puts him on my co ordinates, just before he would have normally continued on the path that then veers South east. The terrain here and ridge are just as the photo. Need to go and check for craters on that ridge!

BTW Those trees were mentioned as the source of some balls of light UFOs seen by several people in the late 1980s

There was a pretty active poster of the David Icke forums who committed suicide in Ilkley, anyone know more?"

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by tilpah

thanks. I'll stick those coordinated in memory map and have a go at finding the exact spot one day.

There was a pretty active poster of the David Icke forums who committed suicide in Ilkley, anyone know more?"

Would that be Rick Clay?

And back to the Ilkley Moor alien. The Devil's Stone in Copgrove about 18 miles away has certain similarities to the alien.

edit on 8-1-2011 by torsion because: classified

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kandinsky

If you're interested some of her doubts about regression are in this '91 article from the old NUFON magazine. Here!

Never been a fan of hypnosis/regression myself. I feel it makes the water muddier rather than clarifying it!

Thanks for that link. Very useful. I'm in the process of archiving all the back issues!

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Ignore, please. Apologies.
edit on 8-1-2011 by triplesod because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 01:36 AM
link   

I had forgotten all about these much earlier picture posts, how embarrassing! Ilkley moor is just so full of aliens that one could make a case for all the aliens there being artefacts.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 02:01 AM
link   
This is certainly an interesting picture/case.

I'd just like to bring up a few "common sense" type questions.

- Why is it outside the craft? What reason does this being have for just strolling around on an alien planet?
- How can a being of presumably extra-terrestrial origins survive in our atmosphere? Are we also to assume it is wearing some sort of space suit or can innately breathe earth's particular blend of atmospheric chemicals, or even that this type of alien doesn't "breathe" in the sense that we do?
- What became of this being? Was it picked up by other aliens, did it die somewhere, etc? It had to go SOMEWHERE, right?
- It's still a valid point; Why didn't this guy take, literally, a hundred more pictures if he saw this?

Among others.

I'm not discrediting the intrigue of this photo, I'm just addressing how, typically when dealing with things like this, lots of "common sense" questions tend to go out the window in favor of excitement.

I bring this up because I generally don't like to get excited unless these kinds of questions can be answered reasonably within the realm of plausibility.
edit on 10-1-2011 by SaosinEngaged because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 04:29 AM
link   
reply to post by SaosinEngaged

Let me direct your focus for a second, instead of seeing one short alien, allow your mind to see two, the alien on the right trying to hug the uncooperative one on the left. If you get that far, imagine them surrounded by a crowd of rather short dwarves.......

In response to your very pertinent questions, people are generally not interested in the answers, after all it is just YOUR opinion, right?

They are the soul of an entity that has outlasted their body, eternal tourists and voyeurs, They exist as a communal entity for convenience, they own nothing because they have no place to put it.
edit on 043131p://am3149 by debris765nju because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 05:10 AM
link   

Check these two images, I enhanced them for you all to the BEST extent.

See the 2nd image CLOSELY.
The hand is on, it looks like one of his friends, on the head he putting his hand on.

IN no way this little thing looks, grey.
It's black , can you guys make out his fingers?? in 2nd image, because I can and like something koala type.
I think he has his nails or fingers in same order.
Please see the images, tell me what you can make out.
Thanks OP and UFOcasbook for the images.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Can some one more techy than me grab this image, the second one, enlarge it and upload it. The author of this book on ebay compressed the photo and what you see in this picture is a conventional grey with eyes and fingers.
edit on 10-1-2011 by tilpah because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Hello there, I've reserved my first post specially for this topic, because this subject is really interesting, and I really feel the need to suggest a clarification :

I'm a graphist by formation, and a 3D videogame maker, which greatly helps me to understand how lights can create any object visualization.

Let's go the fact : Here, the00110001 did a great job by dynamizing the colors. But it has one small mistake.I'm not at home right now so I'll wait this night to post a clear visual explanation, but how lights and shadows are working in this picture let me suggest these facts :
- the entity (alien for some) is facing the camera.
- it has 2 enormous arms.
- it seems to have very tiny feet
- huge hands
- here is the suggested correction :
its right arm is bent, and cut too short in the00110001's enhancement.
If you look closely the original picture, we can see a color difference from the ground next to its right foot. When you analyze the way shadows and lights are built, you can see that his right arm is bent, and that the entity is resting on it, like an ape. Therefore, it clarifies our perception about its right hand, being itself bent from its forearm too, supporting the body.
We can even guess the 2 giant "sausage" fingers as witness reported it, being at the level of the feet.

Now, this new vision can explain a lot of "anthropomorphism" facts seen in this picture, which can even be linked to the police officer's report :

- huge arms, huge hands, made to support the whole body balance -> this can explain the "funny" feet, as Godfrey stated.
Theory : the alien is moving like an ape, supporting nearly whole his weight on hands, which make the feet not having the same anthropomorphism as human feet.

- The way light is hitting the shape next to the right hand makes it look like ... the right foot.
This deduction allows us to suppose that light is coming from behind the entity, from the top left corner of the picture. The burnt effect on the sides of the picture can strenghten this theory.
(edit : after looking closer, light seems to be slightly from the left.)
And strenghten the fact that this right foot got its fingers top silhouette illuminated, slightly to the left.
There would be 2 fingers, exactly (would corroborate with hands finger number), and a "Y" shape.
We then can better see that foot's plant is facing us. Just like if the supposed alien was running towards the photographer. That would also explain why we can't really see the left foot : its perspective is putting it on rear plan, on left leg's prolongation, making the leg/foot look like a stick.
Once again, this foot / leg setup corroborates with the right arm being on the ground, and the body balanced on its right. Finally, that 2 fingered feet would explain why Godfrey found them "funny" (we can admit it, two big Knacky balls on top of a foot could produce hilarious reactions at first sight).

- the big black shape on the upper left part of the body (spectator POV) draws a shadow that matches the head's shape : 2 small dark eyes on a triangle shaped face. Now the way that shadow extends on the "thorax", it means that the head is unhumanly long (from a sideview). -> This would totally match with how human skull were oriented when they were still walking with their hands : oriented forward (I won't explain the why of such an orientation logic with quadrupeds, staying on subject, but you can check the net).

- With this kind of ape walking style, we can say the left arm/ hand wasn't holding anything. It was just finishing to push the body forward, preparing to return to front.

Now, with all those suppositions, we have a last possible explanation :
The alien was suddenly accelerating towards the photographer (if it was accelerating for a moment the body would not be so unbalanced). Maybe because it didn't want to be taken in picture.
Therefore, the photographer, Godfrey, was frightened and just ran away.
That would explain the one and only photo.

(p.s : all of that is pure supposition based on analyzing, I'll edit this post with a visual explanation tonight)

Cheers

edit : LOL, foolish me, after looking closely to the black and white picture in the thread's 3rd post (by Denied), it is clearly appearing to be an old man's back, walking ahead, with a plastic bag in the right hand, head pointed at ground.

edit on 10-1-2011 by kineticdamage because: Forget it, colored picture is misleading.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by tilpah

In the original the arm appears to be coming out of the mouth of the creature, by making that "head" the shoulder, it brings the image into a more realistic focus.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by kineticdamage

Hey Kineticdamage, I can understand some stuff you said. I am a Photoshop artist as well.
The question would be, IF this was fake.
How can you explain such 3d applications and such graphics stuff available back then?

To me, this image is a winner. But the thing is, it's not gray at all.
It's black rather, the "alien".

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   

The author of Ilkley Moor Alien tried to take the same shot of the back drop but couldn't fit it in, had to get way back, then he realised the ground in the picture doesn't match reality. He compressed the photo.......

I tried it too.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by tilpah

Oh that's what he meant by compressing, I thought compression levels or something he mentioned lol.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   
www.examiner.com...

excuse me,
so far a real interesting read here -
maybe someone on this thread could offer an opinion of this recent photo in the same area?

I personally think it may be a hoax... I'm not an expert in anything like this.
I was searching ATS to find a thread about the above link and came across this prior thread about a similar (I suppose) situation in Ilkley.
Because I am not knowledgeable about alien or ufo topics I refrained from starting a new thread of my own with almost no information to offer,
thank you.

Wag

posted on Jan, 29 2022 @ 02:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: tilpah

I'm still scratching my head on this

from what I read

"Spencer took the pathway from white Wells", Ok, he's heading for East Morten, so that means heading roughly South East.....

"A stand of conifers easily seen from the town which run along a ridge south east away from the Photo site."

But it's not really a ridge more a hollow running roughly North South. Under the ridge!

Spencer says he was walking towards the trees when he saw the entity and as the ground levelled out picked up a path which ran along side the trees.

If he walked towards the trees then that puts him on my co ordinates, just before he would have normally continued on the path that then veers South east. The terrain here and ridge are just as the photo. Need to go and check for craters on that ridge!

BTW Those trees were mentioned as the source of some balls of light UFOs seen by several people in the late 1980s

Thank you for your excellent research!

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join