It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

licence for thuggery

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2007 @ 04:27 AM
link   
I am having trouble with the link. It is the first page of the Norwich Evening News.

As you know, I am not racist, or against immigration. What I am against is that foreign nationals can now come into our country and attack our people without consequence.

Reason according to the EVENING NEWS, it costs too much money. Well, I have come up with an even better idea. If they come into this country intending malice to it's citizens that they must consider facing deportation back to where they originated.

I was watching a Quatermass episode on television last night called RINGSTONE ROUND. Essentially, crime was commonplace and uncontrollable. This programme aired in the 70's, and it strangely reflected the breakdown of society where crime was allowed to run rampant.

Next, other criminals will want to take liberties and be allowed the same rights as foreign nationals who commit crimes against the people.

I say to tell these nationals behave, or get shipped back with no recourse. If they can't have their day in court, ship them back to their home. I certainly don't want to live in a society where criminal activity is condoned and not condemned. I have been a victim of anti-social behaviour, by my own countrymen. I was able to get justice; however, had it been a foreign national doing to me what had been done by our own citizen, they would have escaped justice.

I wonder if anybody else has come across this type of absurdity before? Like I said and I stand by it: Deport those who are guilty of crime, if you don't want to spend the money to take them to court. Simple solution.

[edit on 8/1/07 by rachel07]

[edit on 8/1/07 by rachel07]

posted on Jan, 8 2007 @ 05:08 AM
link   
I really hope that you're not planning on moving to the US anytime soon, because that's exactly what's heppening here. We've been debating, quite heavily I might add, about this very issue in another thread. Should this kind of thing continue, we could be seeing the dawn of a new age; an age without America as a nation. When criminals are allowed to degrade one's society to the point of breaking it, then something isn't working.

It's time for change, and I hope others begin to see that as well.

TheBorg

posted on Jan, 8 2007 @ 05:22 AM
link   
I am not sure if you were able to see the article, but when I read it in our local paper it did give me cause for concern. We have trouble now with people that are referred to as 'yobbos' in our culture, as they are repeat offenders of anti-social behaviour.

I was just listening on the radio in the kitchen that the police tried to retract the statement written to the victim. Problem is pen doesn't refuse ink, or is it ink doesn't refuse paper. Anyway, with the press submitting the document to the public, it is hard for them to retract what is written in the document received by the victim.

If people come into the UK or the US with the intention of malice, or a free ride, then they should consider that deportation could be the next step. Governments shouldn't import trouble to our country, and should make moves to crack down on people who come into our countries with nothing better than committing malice.

Australia and I think Canada, you have to prove how you can contribute to society, before you are allowed to enter it's boundries. In other words, controlled immigration to protect the populace from threats of malice.

I just think it is ridiculous that they actually said in a letter that they can't afford to prosecute these offenders, but there is nothing in the letter that doesn't say that they can't deport them.

join