It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amazing Tour Around the Underground Wiltshire Base in UK

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2007 @ 04:19 AM
link   
This was once regarded as a secret underground base but has now been fully disclosed (and even put up for sale - anyone wanna chip in and buy it?
)

Furthermore, the link provided below is an actual virtual tour of the underground town and even a video too - it's very rare we get the opportunity to have a virtual tour of something like this. I'll keep my fingers crossed that Dulce follows suit and does the same

Also noticed that one of the pictures from the Wiltshire base appeared on a Dulce thread as a possible picture from the Dulce base, so that's another one that can be taken off the list now, along with the pictures that were screenshots from Quake!

Enjoy!

Tour of the once secret Wiltshire Underground Town

posted on Jan, 8 2007 @ 05:21 AM
link   
Wow that place is amazing. Any idea how much its being sold for? Doubt I would have enough in my piggy-bank tho...

posted on Jan, 8 2007 @ 06:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by xtr3m3paranoia
Wow that place is amazing. Any idea how much its being sold for? Doubt I would have enough in my piggy-bank tho...

Last I heard it was going for £5m (bargain!), but there is a catch, apparently it's available only as long as you're investing in the military base on the surface above.

Thought it was a bit cheap for a 240 acre, underground city with 60 miles of roads!

Does make you think though, if something like this can be developed 120 feet underground in the UK, then the possibilities of underground bases throughout the world become very real!

posted on Jan, 10 2007 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Last I heard it was going for £5m (bargain!), but there is a catch, apparently it's available only as long as you're investing in the military base on the surface above.

Yeah, I'd heard that it was for sale last year - so I made a Freedom of Information request to the UK Defence Estates for further info.

They replied that the former Central Government wartime relocation facility (as they like to describe it) is not for sale - this seems to be a media inspired mistake.

Just out of interest, I've recently discovered yet another of this formerly Top Secret facility's classified codenames.

The complete list now appears to be:

SUBTERFUGE
STOCKWELL
BURLINGTON
TURNSTILE
CHANTICLEER
and finally...PERIPHERAL

The vast size of this subterranean cold war refuge can be seen by examining the 1996 Ministry of Defence plan of the entire complex.

This plan can be found on the following ATS thread www.abovetopsecret.com...

zero lift

posted on Jan, 14 2007 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Wow, that is cool. It's huge. The telephone exchange was my favorite area. All kinds of retro sci-fi stuff down there. Seems like such a waste to see it in disrepair. That must have taken quite a bit to build. Too antiquated I guess. Can only imagine what the one's currently running today look like! Amazing.

join