It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

***46000 WU's!!!***

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2004 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Hi team!!

Just an update:

Total WU's = 69 012 WU's, 237 members, 82.702 years!!

That's 23 012 more units - near enough 50% of our (then) Total of 46 000 WU's at 12th Dec - increase!!

Fantastic!! Go ATS SETI@home team!!

posted on Jan, 29 2004 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Yes the increase in our output is outstanding. I bet there's quite a few work units to be added to that too, I know that I've done another 5 units since the last update from SETI for our board. (their updates seem to be at very irregular intervals don't they?)
before we know it we'll break into the 100 thousands and who knows, the way we're going perhaps the top 200 isn't quite so out of reach after all.

posted on Jan, 29 2004 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Cheers pantha!!

All agreed - and *if* we have more people join, we'll be there even sooner!!

I'm periodically keeping this thread "live", incidentally, as being a kind of "on line" diary of how the team has grown and so forth. The stats might be useful reference material in the future, so we can all look back and say - "*Only* 46 000 WU's?? We've just broken the quarter million barrier!!"

Keep cracking those WU's pantha - and go ATS SETI@home team!!

posted on Jan, 29 2004 @ 10:01 AM
link   
There was a post here (i'm not going to quote it) that said a member completes 127 WU's a day. Does anyone here actually believe this? I don't think so. I have a pretty fast computer, so do a lot of other members here. They can crank them out really fast, but 127 is stretching it a bit.......

I am trying to convince my wife that it's for a good cause. She is a non-believer when it comes to paranormal/alien stuff. Oh well, opposites attract. She's getting upset that I leave the computer on for days (DL just doesn't stand for DarkLanser!!) for KaZaa and BitTorrent.

I think it's a good cause. I want to believe. Btw, I had set the 100,000 goal for June....looks like we will get there by the beginning of March. Keep up the good work ATS SETI members !!

posted on Jan, 29 2004 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by darklanser
... a member completes 127 WU's a day. Does anyone here actually believe this? ....I think it's a good cause. I want to believe. Btw, I had set the 100,000 goal for June....looks like we will get there by the beginning of March. Keep up the good work ATS SETI members !!

Cheers DL!!

Well, I believe 127 WU's is possible, as it will depend on how many - and what type of machines - somebody is using. I know I've written about this before, but I remember looking up the profiles of some "high-rollers" in the SETI@home stats, and there was one person who was an IT Administrator at an Ameridcan College: he had SETI@home installed on *all* the computers by default and returned about 4000 WU's per day!!

However, as to whether any of *our* team is producing 100WU's each day, I'd say "look at the team stats", and see if somebody is moving up the boards that rapidly (around 1000WU's per week, if they claim to crunch 127 a day??)...
I'd *love* to see it, mind!!

As for the revised target - beginning March - could be (once we start allocating those "SETI points) we'll be inundated with members!!

posted on Jan, 29 2004 @ 11:43 AM
link   
I'm waitingon delivery of a new router and 24 port switch that will allow me to connect about 20 new 2GHz computers to the network. They each can run about 5 or 6 work units per day without tweaking, but I can't swear that they will all be running SETI 24/7. That should bump my two accounts over the 130 per day mark.

posted on Jan, 29 2004 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spectre
I'm waitingon delivery of a new router and 24 port switch that will allow me to connect about 20 new 2GHz computers to the network. They each can run about 5 or 6 work units per day without tweaking, but I can't swear that they will all be running SETI 24/7. That should bump my two accounts over the 130 per day mark.

WOWIE!!

20 * 2Ghz machines - now, that's just plain greedy!!

Like I said before Spectre, remember to wave as you rush past Sinchron - and Bob88, won't you?!!

posted on Jan, 29 2004 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Is there any other avenues we can use to get more people to sign up??? Maybe we can talk to Skeptic about giving some bonus ATS points for joining.

posted on Jan, 29 2004 @ 02:01 PM
link   
hopefully once the points reward system is sorted out then that will be the insentive for some more members to join up.

posted on Jan, 29 2004 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by pantha
hopefully once the points reward system is sorted out then that will be the insentive for some more members to join up.

Well said Trick and pantha!!

As you know, the original "plan" was to try to get the "points" system established sometime this coming weekend, and that might *still* be the case??

However, in view of the recent "hack attacks" it might be prudent to assume SkepticOverlord will concentrate his efforts on security for the whole of the boards before "getting to grips" with the ATS SETI@home points? Another few days shouldn't make much difference, IMHO (we've waited quite sometime already!!
)

"Slowly, slowly, wins the race"

posted on Jan, 29 2004 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Genya

Originally posted by pantha

Well said Trick and pantha!!

As you know, the original "plan" was to try to get the "points" system established sometime this coming weekend, and that might *still* be the case??

However, in view of the recent "hack attacks" it might be prudent to assume SkepticOverlord will concentrate his efforts on security for the whole of the boards before "getting to grips" with the ATS SETI@home points? Another few days shouldn't make much difference, IMHO (we've waited quite sometime already!!
)

"Slowly, slowly, wins the race"

Yes I don'tcare if it takes another week!! S.O. has had his hands full with infidels!!!!

posted on Jan, 30 2004 @ 03:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrickmastertricK
Yes I don'tcare if it takes another week!! S.O. has had his hands full with infidels!!!!

Cheers TMT!!

We'll get there as soon as possible!!

RR

posted on Jan, 30 2004 @ 03:52 AM
link   
Just joined up a few mins ago, you are most welcome to my 326 units

posted on Jan, 30 2004 @ 03:56 AM
link   
there I go back down into 62nd place again

only joking I don't mind really. Thanks for the units

posted on Jan, 30 2004 @ 04:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by RR
Just joined up a few mins ago, you are most welcome to my 326 units

Cheers RR! Welcome to *the* team!!

I'll have to look at the overall stats again!!

100kWU's here we come!!

posted on Jan, 30 2004 @ 04:39 AM
link   
Thanx to recent signups
and the ATS SETI@home board being updated, the latest stats show:

69 735 WU's, 238 members in 83.641 yrs at Fri Jan 30 01:24:48 2004 !!

Let's go team!!

posted on Jan, 30 2004 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Scratch

[Edited on 31-1-2004 by pyxsul]

posted on Jan, 31 2004 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Now ATS S@h team stats show

70 199 WU's, 239 members in 84.002 yrs CPU time at Sat Jan 31 22:52:31 2004!!

Go job ATS S@h team!!!

posted on Feb, 4 2004 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Hey all, I just wanted to let everyone know that I put up a post(It took about an hour and a half of my time by the way) describing SETI@Home and OUR TEAM. Seeing that we have had significant signups to the ATS Members section, I was trying to spread the word of the SETI@HOME TEAM and was making available to them any Links and answers tyo questions they might have had. However, I was quickly notified by A Mod(I Believe) that they were sick and tired of seeing SETI@HOME Recruitment and If people wanted to join they would, and if not they wouldn't. I put the post on this THE SETI@HOME discussion, which I thought would be a good idea, away from any others that do not have to do with US, BUT since it showed up on recent posts, I assume it was in-apropriate. SO an FYI to any TEAM MEMBERS wanting to "RECRUIT" or as I like to call it-"INFORMING", New members to ATS about SETI@HOME, I guess we need to find other Avenues.

Trick

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 03:44 AM
link   
Hi TMT!!

Very many thanx for your post. I *think* I know the post you're refering to but I won't say any more about that, if you don't mind, as it's "water under the bridge" now?

However, as for "Informing" others of ATS SETI@home team, I really *don't* see a problem with that. For
example:

1 We *know* that ATS SETI@home team members *will* receive some recognition (points per WU) at sometime in the future, as it says so on the Home page. (I imagine that the recent "maintenance" on the ATS board has postponed such moves - and rightly so).

2 We will have "managers" appointed to oversee this process.

3 The ATS SETI@home team was founded by Simon and is, I'm sure, an integral part of ATS's philosphy to "Deny Ignorance" - and, specifically for us, to "Deny Silence".

4 Our membership continues to grow - and 240 members (at my last look!) is quite a sizable "minority" - and a *fantastic* community!!

5 As you say, we have our "own" Discussion board in which to exchange ideas, information and good practice amongst members (and *potential* members).

So, as for "informing" others, I think this will happen almost automatically (as it were) via our "signatures", and, certainly, once points are allocated to members??

Thanx again TMT - let's go ATS SETI@hometeam!!

[Edited on 5-2-2004 by Genya]

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join