It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

***46000 WU's!!!***

page: 10
<< 7  8  9   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2004 @ 04:06 AM
link   
Hi all!!

A very long overdue archive post, for which I apologise
Brought about by some connection problems this end and the frantic time whilst the SETI@home server/ router problem has been ongoing...

SETI@work

99 atice members: 247 inactive members, 238.3 WU's average per day, 159 226WU's in total at Tue Jun 22 08:00:40 2004 UTC!!

Overall team position 591th but with "only" 158 524 being displayed, so clearly we are going to be "higher" than that!! Well done all!!

ATS SETI@home team stats board

Members 346, Results received 159 191WU's in Total CPU time 190.143 years at Mon Jun 21 23:08:19 2004 UTC!!

ATS BOINC beta team

Unfortunately, the web site returns that it is shut down for maintenance, so I can't give any results at presnt. Sorry....

Anyway, very many thanx to *all* of you for continuing to participate in these two projects! We have come a long way in a remarkably short time: when I started this thread, on 12th December 2003 (around 6 months ago!) I was happy to report that we had achieved 46kWU's - we have *added* 113kWU's over the past half year!! That is truly amazing!!
And we couldn't have done it without *you*...

Thanx to all - and here's to continued success with BOINC once we transfer over to running that project!! Let's go teams!!

posted on Jun, 22 2004 @ 04:11 AM
link   
Welcome back, Genya. I know I have missed your posts. June is turning out to be a pretty amazing month, eh? I am keeping my fingers crossed that we can make the magical "Top 500" overall teams.

*thinks to self, "How can I get my hands on more computers or more heavy-hitting members, hmmmmm...?"
-I am not above scalping from other teams!

[edit on 22-6-2004 by Spectre]

posted on Jun, 22 2004 @ 04:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Spectre
Welcome back, Genya. I know I have missed your posts. -

I am not above scalping from other teams!

Hi Spectre!

Yes, I've been extremely busy here recently and - for some reason (not yet fathomed) my broadband connection "times out" progressively over about 3-4 hours, which requires a restart (WinXP Home). My ISP can trace to my machines and doesn't report a problem - simply that the problem *must* be my hardware (I've run all the checks I can think of: I have AVP updated, all service patches for XP, two firewalls (Zonealarm and BlackICE defender) and have 3 spyware removal and prevention programs installed). I *suspect* a problem with my router but can't understand *why* it should work and then drop connections??

Anyway, sorry about the rant!! Yes, go get more scalps Spectre and let's get 200kWU's asap!!

Catch ya later buddy!

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 10:27 AM
link   
I just checked the team comparison stats and we went up to #586, passing "Kansas State University" and putting the "Klingon Assault Group" and "Scientific American" teams in jeopardy! No other team currently in our immediate neighborhood can match our 341.21wu/day. Go team!

Genya, my 4year old Linksys router was doing the same thing. I dumped it in favor of a new one, $60 US, with more featuers and have been golden ever since. Good luck with yours.

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Hi Spectre!!

Thanx for the update on the team stats: I plan to update soon but I'm delighted to report 105 active members: 248 inactive mebers with 162 369WU's at Thu Jul 1 14:59:21 2004 UTC!!

As for my connection problems: well, doing some digging in "Services" in WinXP has shown that restarting DHCP Client and DNS Client on both machines avoids me having to reboot them to regain connections. My machine is the main machine that provides the path, whilst Sue's uses the router for it's connection through mine effectively. So, it seems something is knocking out DHCP and DNS after a period of time... So, whilst it's annoying (and clearly not right) the "work around" works.

I'm not sure if there is a more elegant fix (short of a re-install of WinXP), which I'm reluctant to do at present, as otherwise both machines are working well (and I do't want to "loose" my cached results etc).

All WinXP patches/ updates are enabled (of course!), AVP is updated at least twice a day, two firewalls are active, MYIE2 is the browser, spywareblaster, spyware guard, Spybot S&D and Adaware are run regularly.... Any thoughts Spectre on a better fix please??

Otherwise, let's go get 'em teams!!

posted on Jul, 7 2004 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Hi all!!

Well, just another archive post to record how we've been doing - and aren't we doing well?!!

SETI@work

99 Active members: 256 Inactive members, 164 373WU's at Wed Jul 7 17:59:36 2004 UTC!!

I can't access the Global Teams position at present - perhaps the board is down or being updated? Sorry

ATS SETI@home team stats

Members 355, Results received 164 342, Total CPU time 194.402 years at Wed Jul 7 16:06:26 2004 UTC!!

ATS BOINC team

Again, I'm sorry that I'm not able to access the site, as the message says "Project is shut down for maintenance - please try again later "

Anyway, well done to all of you for your continued contribution to the projects. It is much appreciated by me personally and by others in ATS I'm sure!!

Let's go teams!!

posted on Jul, 25 2004 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Hi all!!

Just a few updates to our stats - and they are very impressive!!

SETI@work

Reports 91 active members: 273 inactive members, 201.9 Average WU's/ day, Total = 175 232 WU's at Sun Jul 25 18:58:32 2004 UTC!!

Global team position = 554th!! Note the following:

In 551th place, with 175 246WU's, is 3Com Corporation SETI Team - I'm sure we can overtake these people - we might already have done so, in fact, as SETI@work hasn't been updated recently!!

ATS SETI@home team stats

Members = 364, Results received =175 235WU's, Total CPU time = 204.934 years at Sun Jul 25 19:19:27 2004 UTC!!

Unfortunately, unless bookmarks have changed, I don't seem to be able to reprt on ATS BOINC at the moment? (Perhaps a BOINC user could append an update in this thread to let us know the current situation of the team please? Thanx!).

Anyways, very well done everybody for your continued support of SETI@home - we've come a very long way over the past 7 or so months!! (Around 3.8 times more WU's than we had in Dec 2003 in fact - all thanx to *you*!!
)

posted on Aug, 11 2004 @ 05:01 AM
link   
Hi all!

Just a quick archive post to reflect the fantastic progress the teams have made recently! Thanx to all new - and existing - members for running SETI@home and/ or BOINC! Much appreciated!

SETI@work

88 active members: 287 inactive members, 284.0WU's average per day, total WU's = 184 491 at Wed Aug 11 09:01:13 2004 UTC!!

ATS SETI@home team stats

Members 375, Results received 184 491WU's, in Total CPU time 213.323 years at Wed Aug 11 09:01:32 2004 UTC!!

BOINC

Again, unfortunately, I'm getting a "Board closed for maintenance" message, though I'll have to check to see if I'm accessing the correct site (I might not of updated my Favourites folder??) Sorry

Anyway, thanx again for your support of both projects - and can we achieve 200kWU's in SETI@home before the project closes?? 15 509WU's to crunch - at 284 per day that will be about 54 days.....

posted on Aug, 15 2004 @ 08:16 PM
link   
I catching up to you Genya
currently number 10 and rising

d1k

posted on Aug, 15 2004 @ 08:23 PM
link   
I have BOINC setup on at least 8 different computers and I have recieved 0 credit for any WU's. Is anyone else having this same problem?

posted on Aug, 16 2004 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by nwscc

Many people are catching up with me nwscc - never mind, it's a team thing at the end of the day!!

posted on Aug, 16 2004 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by d1k
I have BOINC setup on at least 8 different computers and I have recieved 0 credit for any WU's. Is anyone else having this same problem?

Hi d1k!

The best thing is to ask in the BOINC forums, especially this one or, alternatively, U2U xn directly. I'm not currently running BOINC but will do very soon!!

Good luck - I hope you get it sorted out!

posted on Aug, 18 2004 @ 05:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by d1k

I'm having the same problem as well.

posted on Aug, 18 2004 @ 05:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Genya

Originally posted by nwscc

Many people are catching up with me nwscc - never mind, it's a team thing at the end of the day!!

Team work is what is all about! Just a little competitive spirit for the Olympics.

posted on Aug, 18 2004 @ 06:11 AM
link   
Have now joined.

Is there anyone out there?????

posted on Aug, 18 2004 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Hi, GnG. Welcome to the team. If you want, slip over to this thread and tell us what kind of machine(s) you use to run the project. That invitation is open to everyone. I love to see how much hardware is thrown at the project.

Thanks for joining up. See ya 'round!
What's your SETI rig?

edit: forgot the darned link! Don't mind me...

[edit on 18-8-2004 by Spectre]

posted on Aug, 18 2004 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gregandgemma
Have now joined.

Is there anyone out there?????

Hi Gregandgemma!

There are about 90 or so "active" members ie those still running SETI@home (others have either moved over to BOINC or simply found other things to do with their machines!)

Welcome to the ATS SETI@home team - your contribution is most valuable to us! You might find the Index of use to you, and the FAQ's as many questions people have about SETI@home can be found there already (or they provide a "good" place to follow up a discussion already in place.

However, please don't hesitate to ask a question if there is something else you would like to know or discuss!!

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Hi all!!

I plan to do a "real" archive post soon, as I dug out some diaries I kept, which details some of our (relatively) early triumphs... more later!! However, for now, rather than looking backwards, it's time to reflect on our present success!!

SETI@work

83 active members: 299 "inactive" members, 313.4average WU's per day, Total = 187 278WU's at Mon Aug 23 17:59:58 2004 UTC!

SETI@work also reports that we are in 522th place with 187 138WU's in the Global teams listings.

ATS SETI@home team stats board

Members 382, Results received 187 263WU's in Total CPU time 216.428 years at Mon Aug 23 17:13:41 2004 UTC

Unfortunately, I'm *still* not getting any results returned from the ATS BOINC team lists, as these are reporting 404 errors. Sorry folks - if *you* have some figures for the team, then please log them here. Thanx!

Anyway, there are less than 13 000WU's needed to reach the 200kWU achievement for the ATS SETI@home "classic" team - if we can reach this milestone it would be tremendous!! 200kWU's would bring us closer towards:

483th place - 201 287WU's - currently held by the Amish Institute of Technology.... That would be pretty cool, wouldn't it?!!

Thanx for everybody's contribution once again - let's go crunching!!

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Genya, are we receiving ATS points for WUs now? From an audit perspective how would we track that? Just curious - I only have 15 WUs under my belt so it's not like I'm point shopping.

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 04:31 AM
link   
Hi There, I just joined the ATS SETI Team and also just started using SETI@home, can anyone tell me how to read the several lines and graphs that appear in the application window?

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9   >>

join