It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Inside a secret society: A gay African American Freemason's story

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tamahu

Although that quote is from an Aleister Crowley book(whos teachings I don't condone, as they allow homosexuality which is in contradiction to the original teachings of the O.T.O.), I think said quote says a lot.

The O.T.O. was founded by Theodore Reuss, whose homosexuality was quite a scandal. Where did you get the idea that homosexuality was in contradiction to the original teachings?

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Masonic Light
Why? Is not Masonry a beacon of universal tolerance?

Compassion and tolerance aren't always the same thing.

Tolerance is often compassion; however, tolerance can also lead to unspeakable crimes.

To cite again the case of a few foolish Tibetan monks, who out of "Ahimsa", allowed their fellow nuns to be raped and fellow monks to be killed by the Black-Lodge Communists, all-the-while not lifting a finger as to try to save them.

There has never been an injunction against gays in Masonry, although I'm only aware of a few. Oscar Wilde, the famed English poet, is probably the most famous of them. And although Frederick the Great was not "gay", he was certainly bisexual (as was King David, the father of Solomon, who had a "special friend" in Jonathan, son of Saul).

I don't know about Oscar Wilde or Frederick; but the supposed bi-sexuality of Prophets could be in symbolic reference to them incarnating their Soul(which is androgynous) through the process of Sexual Alchemy(which must be between opposite sexes if the devotee is to Build the Soul-Of-Man).

I'm sure you're somewhat aware of Alchemy between opposite sexes as being the way to incarnate one's Inner Male-Female Eloh-Him...

Or it could just be out-right slander...

[edit on 11-1-2007 by Tamahu]

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 06:35 PM
link   
The O.T.O. was certainly full of scandals.

But I have strong reason to believe that the likes of Franz Hartmann and Arnold Krumm-Heller(proponents of White Tantra), would not have associated themselves with the teachings of the original O.T.O. at all, if they were compatible with the practice of homosexuality.

Sex scandals are almost always the downfall of Esoteric Societies, and is probably why the Arcanum A.Z.F. has been jealously guarded for so long.

Vajroli Mudra

..."The Arcanum A.Z.F. (Urdhvarata) was practiced within the ashrams of ancient India. At that time, yogis were prepared for sexual magic with the white vajroli. Unfortunately, the brothers and sisters of the temple committed scandalous acts, which discredited sexual magic. The Gurujis then pulled the curtains of esoterism shut, and the Arcanum A.Z.F. was forbidden." - from The Yellow Book

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Can everyone see my posts, or are they being blocked from the view of others?

I can't see intrepid's recent post(which my "myATS favorites"-list says should be the last post in this thread, besides this very post of course).

posted on Jan, 14 2007 @ 05:37 PM
link   
About this...:

...Or, Masters who already Built the Temple of Solomon, such as H.H. the Dalai Lama, who have decided to walk the path of the Solar Celibate, or Dry Path depicted in the Mona Lisa.

I have not yet read the whole thing, but the following is quite interesting, if we consider the mentioned symbolism of the Mona Lisa:

www.levity.com...

...About fifty persons decided to follow Solazaref and to live near Riom, in the centre of France.

"Introitus ad Philosphorum Lapidem" published soon after the death of Eugene Canseliet was dedicated to the Dry Path of antimony as taught by Fulcanelli's disciple.

Other books followed concerning mainly the Breve Path which is said to be in relation with Germanic and Celtic traditions. For their works in this Path Solazaref companions use "strong" energies as solar heat, explosives or lightning...

Unless their first works were dedicated to the "Dry Path of Stibnite", the main known path in alchemy since Fulcanelli and Canseliet's works, they claimed this path would be a snare build by freemasons and Jews

Consider what this may mean, in reference to the Pranayama exercises of Sexual-Transmutation for bachelors...

...and the natural state of those Masters who have already Transmuted all of the energies who no longer need Alchemical practices(these both being the Dry Path)...

...and also the Karma-Mudra/Arcanum A.Z.F./Sahaja Maithuna(the Wet Path) for those Women and Men who are still working in the Great Work.....

[edit on 14-1-2007 by Tamahu]

posted on Jan, 14 2007 @ 05:49 PM
link   
And don't get me wrong, I know of gay co-workers and what-not; and am pretty much cordial and courteous to them.

It is just that, considering the Masonic symbolism from the Demiurge Grand Architect of the Universe...

...gays have no place in it.

posted on Jan, 14 2007 @ 08:56 PM
link   
I would suggest that the basic tenets are far more important than some kind of obscure esoteric symbolism that seems to have escaped everyone here (including the Masons) except you.

posted on Jan, 14 2007 @ 11:04 PM
link   

I'm sorry, but if I were a Mason I'd be offended that gays are allowed, considering that the Lodges are supposed to be modeled after Solomon's Temple:

Deuteronomy, Chapter 23

1: He that is wounded in the testicles, or hath his privy member cut off, shall not enter into the congregation of Iod-He-Vav-He.

Just curious Tam, what version of the book are you using? i have the English standard version (ESV), and this verse is slightly different in this version..

Deuteronomy, Chapter 23

1: No one whose testicles are crushed, or whose male organ is cut off chall enter the assembly of the LORD

Now of course we know that Lord is in replacement of the name of God, but it seems that this passage is more directed towards eunuchs then homosexuals

posted on Jan, 15 2007 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Roark
I would suggest that the basic tenets are far more important than some kind of obscure esoteric symbolism that seems to have escaped everyone here (including the Masons) except you.

Whatever he is talking about is way over my head as well. I don't understand half the things he writing!!

posted on Jan, 19 2007 @ 11:57 AM
link   

And don't get me wrong, I know of gay co-workers and what-not; and am pretty much cordial and courteous to them.

It is just that, considering the Masonic symbolism from the Demiurge Grand Architect of the Universe...

I am not a homosexual, but I am a keen observer.

Most homophobes simply resort to the Bible. Most homophobes have internal struggles with their own sexuality. You seem to need more reaffirming than what the Bible could offer you. Homophobes often seek information to reaffirm the "evil" of homosexuality and often think that if they spread ignorant ideals about the "evil" of homosexuality, that will somehow redeem the inpure homosexual thoughts that course their brain all day.

Sounds like somebody needs to do some internal truthseeking to me.

posted on Jan, 19 2007 @ 06:23 PM
link   

The basic tenets of FreeMasonry are that of Morality and Charity(and Faith and Hope), no?

But these are the Foundation of the Path, not the end.

The basic symbols are meant to guide Man toward the Inner-Realization of the meaning behind them.

And many fools of Occultism who think they can reject the "basic" morality(such as Chastity, Charity, etc.) and make progress, are mistaken.

In order to work with Tantra or Alchemy; with the Salt, Mercury and Sulphur, a solid moral Foundation must be established, and not rejected.

Many fail because they see the basics as something unnecessary.

They think that they can "party it up" all the time, and give in to all kinds of fornications, and still make progress.

We see this with a lot of "hippy" types, "New Agers", Burning-Man people, etc.

But as I said, the basic morals are only the beginning(though necessary) part of the climbing up of The Tree of Life.

And in order to be able to keep on living the basics of Morality, we need to advance further with Keys of Esoteric Science.

Those who reject Occultism, ultimately end up not being able to live the exoteric moral-basics as a result.

They go hand-in-hand.

Becon of Light

The gist of the two translations of that Biblical passage, is the same.

(I usually avoid PDF translations, as they are often tampered with; but the following conveys what I'm referrring to, in what looks to be the very words of the Master):

Occult Medicine and Practical Magic

"...To despise the woman, who is truly the best that man has, the most beautiful creature
which life has granted, is a work of eunuchs, a work of masturbators, a work of
Sodomites. Woman converts man into an omnipotent God, who is capable of shaking the
earth and unleashing lightning and tempests in the whole universe.

"The “mystics” of Theosophy, the Rosicrucian Order, and Spiritism were naming us as
materialists. These offensive ones believed themselves to be super-transcendental and
they forgot that nothing can exist, not even God, without the help of matter. Sex is
repulsive to them, but from where are they coming from? Who enrolled them in the
school of life...?

"Know then that the Initiation was not made for abnormal ones. Get ye hence, you
eunuchs, sodomites, physically and morally decrepit ones...! Get ye hence, you
fornicating spiritualists! Get ye hence, you classroom tyrants! The Altar of the Initiation
can only be approached by the true man and by the true woman
..." - Samael Aun Weor

*Note* (God can BE without Matter, however He cannot exist without Matter)

Greetings Tainted

I'm sorry, but the same old arguement about "homophobes" being in the closet and what-not, is very tired.

I'd imagine that some closet-gays act "homophobic"; but I'm not one of them.

Besides, when one sees that the Religious texts of the World are Works of Occult Science; then we start to see how both the materialists and the "Religious" fanatics alike, completely miss the point.

And all works of authentic Occult Science(Qur'an, Vedas, the Biblical and Gnostic texts, Pert Em Heru(and the confessions to Maat), the Tantras, etc.) have all rejected gay-"sexuality"

Originally posted by Tainted
Sounds like somebody needs to do some internal truthseeking to me.

Somebody?

Who doesn't?

Regards

[edit on 19-1-2007 by Tamahu]

posted on Jan, 21 2007 @ 07:06 PM
link   

The first Masonic Legislator whose memory is preserved to us by history, was Buddha..." - Albert Pike

With that in mind...:

Women and Buddhism

I think it is also appropriate for me to say something about feminism and women's rights within Buddhism.

In the case of the monastic way of life, although male and female practitioners are afforded equal opportunities in the Discipline texts to take the monastic vows, we find that fully ordained monks are treated as superior in terms of objects of respect and veneration. From this point of view, we might say that there is some discrimination.

Also in the writings of the low vehicle, we find that a Bodhisattva on the highest level of path who is sure to gain enlightenment in that lifetime is said to be a male. We find a similar explanation in the great vehicle sutras, that a Bodhisattva on the highest level of path, who will definitely achieve enlightenment in the same lifetime is a male abiding in the Blissful Pure Land (Sukhavati).

This is also true of the three lower classes of tantra, but the explanation in Highest Yoga Tantra is different.

In Highest Yoga Tantra, even the first step of receiving empowerment is possible only on the basis of the presence of a complete assembly of male and female deities. The Buddhas of the five families must be accompanied by their consorts.

The female role is strongly emphasized in Highest Yoga Tantra.

To despise a woman is a transgression of one of the root tantric vows, although no corresponding transgression is mentioned in relation to male practitioners.

Also, in the actual practice of meditating on mandala deities, the deity concerned is often female, such as Vajra Yogini or Nairatmaya.

In addition, tantra speaks of the point in the completion stage when the practitioner is advised to seek a consort, as an impetus for further realization of the path. In such cases of union, if the realization of one of the partners is more advanced, he or she is able to bring about the release, or actualization of the resultant state, of both practitioners.

Therefore, it is explained in Highest Yoga Tantra, that a practitioner can become totally enlightened in this lifetime as a female. This is explicitly and clearly stated in tantras such as Guhyasamaja.

The basic point is that in tantra and particularly in Highest Yoga Tantra, what practitioners are engaged in is a method of exploring and developing the latent potency within themselves. That is, the fundamental innate mind of clear light and from the point of view, since males and females possess that faculty equally, there is no difference whatsoever in their ability to attain the resultant state.

So, the Buddhist position on the question of discrimination between the sexes is that from the ultimate point of view, that of Highest Yoga Tantra, there is no distinction at all." - H.H the Dalai Lama

H.H. the Dalai Lama also wrote in his book: "World of Tibetan Buddhism", that the Tantras don't say anything about despising men!

Get ye hence, chauvinists, sodomites, and gays!

Blessed be the Woman!

[edit on 21-1-2007 by Tamahu]

posted on Jan, 21 2007 @ 07:27 PM
link   

I'm curious as to why you think so, for two reasons:

1. Since homosexuality occurs throughout nature in practically all species of mammal, I don't see why homo sapiens would be excluded from the phenomenon.

2. Many of those ancient seers and philosophers who first developed the ideas and theories of the Demiurgos were themselves homosexuals. They certainly would not have considered the notion that they have no place in the Universe.

posted on Jan, 21 2007 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Masonic Light
I'm curious as to why you think so, for two reasons:

1. Since homosexuality occurs throughout nature in practically all species of mammal, I don't see why homo sapiens would be excluded from the phenomenon.

See the posts of James Crow, samanera, student(for etymology on Homo-Sapiens) and AmItheOnethatIam...:

Homosexuality In The Animal Kingdom, Is there a perspective???

2. Many of those ancient seers and philosophers who first developed the ideas and theories of the Demiurgos were themselves homosexuals. They certainly would not have considered the notion that they have no place in the Universe.

See this:

Conspiracy to slander Adepts by claiming that they were gay

Sorry, but only Man and Woman can return to Eden together.

The FreeMason Joseph Smith must have known this to some extent, as he taught that only those who get married in the Temple can reach the Celestial Kingdom.

Although he obviously didn't teach the full significance of it.

Also, the White Garments of Mormonism(which have the Square and Compass on them), would be the Wedding Garments of the Soul or Solar Bodies written about by Samael Aun Weor, and Manly P. Hall in his "Lost Keys of FreeMasonry"

Which, again, the Mormon church has failed to unveil.

[edit on 21-1-2007 by Tamahu]

posted on Jan, 21 2007 @ 10:53 PM
link   
I am a Prince Hall Mason, and i can confirm that we do not recruit, just as all regular Masonry does not. I suspect that this person is an International Mason, which is considered to be Bogus. they are known for using flyers and such to recruit members. By his statement of their being several blacks in his lodge, it would indicate that there are also many non-blacks. Prince Hall is traditionally mostly black, although i know many non-black Prince Hall Masons. Prince Hall is not purposely black. We admit all races and cultures. (the basis of the different races in separate lodges is strictly the white Masons early refusal to admit non-whites). F&AM and AF&AM (3 and 4 letter masonry) are very similar in structure and protocol; International Masonry (IF&AMM) is very different in their protocol (and i use that term loosely).
Blaster

posted on Jan, 21 2007 @ 11:05 PM
link   

The basic tenets of FreeMasonry are that of Morality and Charity(and Faith and Hope), no?

No. They are Bortherly Love, Relief and Truth.

Whilst I truly respect your monumental esoteric knowledge, Tamahu, I think you sometimes overly complicate things with layer upon layer of obscure symbolism, to the point where the "basics" are lost within.

To deny a homosexual man brotherly love within the Lodge would be hypocrisy of the highest order on our part, regardless of our understanding of the historical esoterica underpinning the development of our teachings.

posted on Jan, 21 2007 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by chief_counsellor
One thing that stood out to me in this article is that this members "gaydar" was going off in the lodge.

I don't know how other masons would respond if this member was trying to pick up other members there.

If his " GAYDAR" was going off in the Lodge imagine what it would be like if he was in a Catholic Seminary.

You are slowly revealing your Militia Immaculata agenda my friend

This is why you are here isnt it : www.consecration.com...

Wasnt that gay pedophile Congressman Mark Foley a member of Militia Immaculata ?

[edit on 21-1-2007 by RWPBR]

posted on Jan, 22 2007 @ 05:09 PM
link   

No. They are Bortherly Love, Relief and Truth.

And they are also Faith, Hope, and Charity

And Liberty, Equality, and Fraternity

Whilst I truly respect your monumental esoteric knowledge, Tamahu, I think you sometimes overly complicate things with layer upon layer of obscure symbolism, to the point where the "basics" are lost within.

The basics are actually all right there in all of the posts I've posted(Chastity, Bodhicitta(which is Charity in the complete sense of the word)), etc.

To deny a homosexual man brotherly love within the Lodge would be hypocrisy of the highest order on our part, regardless of our understanding of the historical esoterica underpinning the development of our teachings.

Well it gets difficult at times, because hatred(towards any sentient being) is probably the worst defect that most of us carry within.

But at the same time, we should not be complacent with crime.

And homosexuality is a form of hatred directed toward the Third Logos or Demiurge Grand Architect of the Universe.

Regards

[edit on 22-1-2007 by Tamahu]

posted on Jan, 22 2007 @ 06:01 PM
link   
And listened to a whole lot more, and as communicated in the Third Section of the First Degree (Entered Apprentice), the basic tenets of Freemasonry are Brotherly Love, Relief, and Truth.

Faith, Hope, and Charity are addressed in the "Covering of a Lodge" and allude to the first three rungs of Jacob's Ladder (theological ladder). This is also contained within the Third Section of the First Degree.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join