It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do You Serve God, Mathematics, or Money?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2007 @ 09:06 PM
link   
My life story is long but I will briefly let you know that I only serve God now. 3 points to be made:

1) When I serve God, I am happy, stable, and productive.

2) When I used to serve mathematics, I fell into madness and craziness.

3) When I used to serve money, I eventually fell into depression and suicidal thoughts.

I believe we are all examples of each other. If I am an example of everybody, serve God first and only!!! God is Love, All-Powerful, and All-Capable!!! Given what God can do for your life, is there any life that should not be focused on the creator of Infinite Universes? I think not.

Take my words as words of experience. If you cannot currently comprehend my words, you may in the future.

"No one can serve two masters. He will either hate one and love the other, or be devoted to one and despise the other. You cannot serve God and mammon." Matthew 6:24

Do you first or only serve God, mathematics, money, or something else?

God Bless All in the Pursuit of Heaven!!!

posted on Jan, 7 2007 @ 09:44 PM
link   
the only thing i serve is all of the humans on this planet
i serve people

i don't serve any belief system
nor do i serve the scientific method (though i love using it)
i just serve those that i can in any way i can

posted on Jan, 7 2007 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul
the only thing i serve is all of the humans on this planet
i serve people

i don't serve any belief system
nor do i serve the scientific method (though i love using it)
i just serve those that i can in any way i can

Do you serve animals and plants as well? What value would you assign to the lives of humans, animals, and plants? Would you serve humans, animals, and plants in proportion to their values? Would the values you assign at least in part reflect back on the survival of the human race with potential complete disregard for animals and plants?

posted on Jan, 7 2007 @ 10:13 PM
link   
here's my ranking
HUMAN
ANIMAL
PLANT

on an individual basis, of course
because i really wouldn't sacrafice all the plants or all the animals for a single human, or even a small group

posted on Jan, 8 2007 @ 05:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by GreatTech
My life story is long but I will briefly let you know that I only serve God now. 3 points to be made:

1) When I serve God, I am happy, stable, and productive.

2) When I used to serve mathematics, I fell into madness and craziness.

3) When I used to serve money, I eventually fell into depression and suicidal thoughts.

So in a way...

3. serve money = negative emotion/punishment
2. serve maths = negative emotion/punishment
1. serve god = positive emotion/reward

so you are doing what is most emotionally rewarding for yourself.

I suppose, like madness, I try to serve humanity. I gave up a career that paid well for a less money-orientated career with greater life satisfaction. I don't know how I could serve maths, so not an issue. I now attempt to understand human behaviour and add to the growing knowledge in science for the good of humanity. But I also have a family, so I guess I serve them as well.

But, ultimately, I probably do it because it is rewarding to me, if it was daily punishment, I'd probably not.

[edit on 8-1-2007 by melatonin]

posted on Jan, 8 2007 @ 07:49 AM
link   
How does one 'serve' mathematics or money??? It seems one might worship, covet, love them, but that's not at all the same as serving them... in my mind at least. I don't understand the concept of serving money...

I can tell you that I don't worship, covet or love money.
Or math.
I like them both, though.

As for myself, I don't serve anything except for maybe myself. And as melatonin pointed out, serving whatever gives you an emotional reward is really serving one's self. In fact, most of the things we do, we do to make ourselves feel better. Even contributing to charity or helping our fellow man is done to feel good about helping other people, to calm ourselves or assuage our guilt.

It's all about me. I'm just honest enough to admit it.

posted on Jan, 8 2007 @ 08:18 AM
link   

With a side of fava beans and a nice chianti.

new topics

top topics

join