It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Year Of The Pig - Pork For The Homeless

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2007 @ 08:22 PM
link   

February 17/18th starts the Chinese Year of the Pig. Pig meat is very good for you. Especially for people with poor digestive systems. Some volunteers in Denmark were giving free pork soup to the homeless. They were reported for rascism, because there are people who cannot or will not eat pork for one reason or another. However, the complaint was trashed as they were in fact not discriminating. They gave it away for free to the needy, so legally they did nothing wrong.

I agree with the trashing of the complaint. Otherwise they'd have had to forbid any food to be given to the homeless. Some people are vegetarians, others don't like to eat fish, some are allergic to some food, etc. You can't please everybody. And when it's even free, I say take it or leave it. These people are helping the homeless, and it's a nice thing to do. And it was Christmas as well...

donga.com [english donga]

It is the year of the pig, and pork is in heavy demand.

[---]

Nutrition-wise, it is better to eat pork than beef. One expert says, “Pork contains less saturated fat, which causes blood vessel problems, compared to beef. It also holds more linoleic acid, which is an unsaturated fat. Linoleic acid blocks out bad cholesterol, which clog up arteries.

Pork hock is especially beneficial to women who gave birth, because it holds lots of vitamin B and protein that helps them produce breast milk. Ancient Asian medicine books claim that pork oil softens human skin and is good for treating skin ailments.

While some even tout that pork rids the body of heavy metals or dust that piled up in the body and thus helps cure pneumoconiosis, this has no scientific backing.

People with poor digestive systems should eat pork in soup

I will not say Happy New Year to the Chinese just yet. I'll wait until February 17/18
And I hope the homeless will be able to receive free pork soup in the future as well. At least this mild winter is good for those who have to sleep on the streets.

Related Links:
Chinese New Year

Related ATS Threads:
Medicine Is Pork To Muslims

posted on Jan, 7 2007 @ 09:13 PM
link   
So these people are giving out food for free and they get sued for not giving away what they want?

I should sue the grocery store because the other day I got handed a cracker with chicken liver pate on it instead of fine goose foie gras!

At least someone had enough sense to dismiss the case.

posted on Jan, 7 2007 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77

So these people are giving out food for free and they get sued for not giving away what they want?

They didn't get sued, but they were reported to the police. The police rejected the complaint.

new topics

join