It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What if you were asked to join their brethren...

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2007 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Hi, everyone
i am not very familiar with secret societies, thus i want your opinion:

If someone from the Masons, for example, approaches you and asks you to initiate a membership with them, what would you do?
Would you respond a secondthoughless ''yes'' or an instant ''no''
And why?

Thanks,
Dragon

posted on Jan, 7 2007 @ 07:33 PM
link   
The Masonic Fraternity is a bad example because we do not openly solicit membership. In other words, a Mason wouldn't (or SHOULDN'T) come up and ask you to join.

We (the Masons) require that YOU ask US to join. Then we know you're genuinely interested and we submit a recommendation (or not...depending on the character) and an investigating committee is appointed to see if you are indeed "Mason material"

Now if someone came up to me and said "Hey buddy, how'd you like to join the New World Order and the Illuminati?" I'd jump at the chance!

Hell, who wouldn't??!!??

posted on Jan, 7 2007 @ 07:35 PM
link   
I'm there, sigh me up too!!!

BY the way, is there any more to being a Mason?

Semper

posted on Jan, 7 2007 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by semperfortis
I'm there, sigh me up too!!!

BY the way, is there any more to being a Mason?

Semper

Any more to being a Mason than what?

Being a part of the world's largest and oldest Fraternity?

Being a part of one of the most charitable organizations ever?

posted on Jan, 7 2007 @ 09:20 PM
link   
I wouldn't join if it involved losing my soul, or doing something illegal or immoral.

No matter how appealing it may sound, IF joining a certain organization would cause me to go to Hell, I would not join.

If the Illuminati still existed, I most likely would not join them if they asked me. I would not join an organization that plots against my church.

Any group that would try to take over the world, would be against the Catholic church becuase of the influence it holds over it's members. They would require the church to be destroyed so that influence would not hinder their agenda. According to Wikipedia, 1/6 of the world was Catholic in 2004.

Hmm...maybe in being associated with the Catholic Church, I'm already part of an organization that is trying to take over the world!!!!

CC

posted on Jan, 7 2007 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Appak

Any more to being a Mason than what?

Being a part of the world's largest and oldest Fraternity?

Being a part of one of the most charitable organizations ever?

Well yeah....

How would I go about looking into it? What is involved, am I eligible etc...

Thanks

Semper

posted on Jan, 7 2007 @ 09:30 PM
link   
HAHA Chief.

It is true, we as Catholics are apart of a organization that once tried to take over the known world, and possibly at one point controled all of Christiandom.

I don't think a seceret society would ask people to join, but if they did ask me I would join! .. best to be nearer the enemy right?? .. Or maybe I would join and decided the Illuminati are not bad at all and actually just meet at bars and play golf, who knows

Semper if you want to know more about what Masons do, just stop by a lodge and they will give you some reading. It is rather vague and general reading and I am sure you could guess everything that it would say, some lodges put info on websites, I am sure there is one near you that has it's own site.

posted on Jan, 7 2007 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Thanks RP...

I figured that was the simplest way.

I should have figured one could not get any real info. on here either... I have checked out several web sites and they look interesting to say the least...

I'm kind of a skeptic though and probably don't qualify..

Semper

posted on Jan, 7 2007 @ 09:39 PM
link   
I don't know why you wouldn't? ...

If you live in America (im in Ohio) You have to be at least 19 years of age, believe in one god, and not have a criminal record.

But yeah info on sites and the pamphlets are not that great. Talking to a Mason who can actually answer your questions is much better.

posted on Jan, 7 2007 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Here is an interesting membership video filmed by Indiana Freemasons,

check it out

www.tryfreemasonry.com...

CC

M74

posted on Jan, 7 2007 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by chief_counsellor
Here is an interesting membership video filmed by Indiana Freemasons,

check it out

www.tryfreemasonry.com...

CC
Was that a Priest?! OH SNAP, THEY INFILTRATED THE CHURCH! RUN!

Also, that guy speaking about 1/4 of the way in has the speech giving skills of a zombie.

posted on Jan, 7 2007 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by M74
Was that a Priest?! OH SNAP, THEY INFILTRATED THE CHURCH! RUN!

That wasn't a Catholic priest in the video of members. Catholic priests don't have vestments that look like that. There are similarities, but by the layout of the church ,and the ministers robes, it is definitely not a priest.

CC

posted on Jan, 7 2007 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Im Catholic and I think it looked like a Catholic priest?

If your talking about the sash around his neck, it is sometimes worn during advent no? Maybe I am wrong and need to go to more church haha.

posted on Jan, 7 2007 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
Im Catholic and I think it looked like a Catholic priest?

If your talking about the sash around his neck, it is sometimes worn during advent no? Maybe I am wrong and need to go to more church haha.

I paused the video, the man is wearing a tie, not the roman collar, priests wear Roman Collars, not ties.

Also there is a cross in the background, a Catholic church would have the crucifix, or risen Christ, not just a cross.

CC

posted on Jan, 7 2007 @ 11:31 PM
link   
If I'm asked by some guy to join a club, I tend to say 'no thats okay'. On reflection, the decision to join any organization depends on the organization and where you are at. But as a sort of quick offer in casual conversation, I'm usually not too interested in joining any clubs, committees, groups, or organizations.

If I was asked by someone to join masonry, I'd say 'you do realize that you're not supposed to recruit new members, eh mister?"
Then I'd probably follow up with questions like, "well, anyway, what beers do you have on tap at your meeting'. You know, ask about the important stuff. "Do I need to bring something to the spaghetti dinners, or will everything be provided?" etc.

posted on Jan, 8 2007 @ 12:30 AM
link   
AH I see what you mean Chief.

I did not look closly at all.

Though there have been priest that have been Masons.

posted on Jan, 8 2007 @ 04:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Appak
The Masonic Fraternity is a bad example because we do not openly solicit membership. In other words, a Mason wouldn't (or SHOULDN'T) come up and ask you to join.

We (the Masons) require that YOU ask US to join. Then we know you're genuinely interested and we submit a recommendation (or not...depending on the character) and an investigating committee is appointed to see if you are indeed "Mason material"

Now if someone came up to me and said "Hey buddy, how'd you like to join the New World Order and the Illuminati?" I'd jump at the chance!

Hell, who wouldn't??!!??

I wouldn't. You are all the slaves.

posted on Jan, 8 2007 @ 04:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dragonlike
If someone from the Masons, for example, approaches you and asks you to initiate a membership with them, what would you do?
And why?

My response would be for them to join me.
Why join someone else's cause, and be subservient to its system?

Peace

dAlen

posted on Jan, 8 2007 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dragonlike
Hi, everyone
i am not very familiar with secret societies, thus i want your opinion:

And why?

Thanks,
Dragon

I would have to agree with Groucho Marx and emphatically state that -

I would not belong to any club that would have me as a member.

[edit on 8-1-2007 by clearwater]

posted on Jan, 8 2007 @ 08:32 AM
link   
I currently have an application to join the Masons, but have not completed and returned it for the following reasons:

1) I'm already in several organizations, and one more dues payment is not a priority for me.

2) I have a clean record, but still don't desire the investigation into my home and family at this point.

3) My religion forbids membership into Freemasonry.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join