It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Read this! Your lives may depend on it!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2003 @ 07:56 PM
link   
I do think that something is up with this flu. Three schools have closed around me cause of flu outbreak. I don't why but I never seem to get sick. I haven't got any shots to my knowledge. I have sports year-round so I stay in decent shape and I'm on this no carb diet so I can stay on weight for wrestling. I've missed only 6 days of school in my life and I'm a sophomore in high school, and I'm in no way terribly smart or anything. I just rarely get sick. I think that the key to not getting sick and strengthening your immune system is just eating right and excersizing. This flu shot stuff is crap, people just keep getting sicker and sicker in my school. It's never been like this before.

posted on Dec, 17 2003 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Everyone's system is different; therefore, everyone reacts to bugs and strains differently. I rarely become sick, myself, and do not get shots.

I am, however, sick to death of the endless amounts of unnatural substances and chemicals and additives and preservatives and on and on that we take into our bodies day in and day out. In everything we consume, breathe, drink.. It's staggering. How can this NOT be unhealthy as eating a pie full of cancer? And each year we are urged to take more and more shots of this that and the other to "protect" us from "new" strains of this and such. What is happening to our systems and the natural ability to fight off disease? We are replacing nature's very best protection for man-made protection, which, in the long-run may very well work towards killing us in ways we do not even yet know of.

Before and during the Gulf war, we were given shot cocktails full of chemicals that had never even been tested. The thinking was if we ingested a little bit of nerve agent, well.. then the nerve agent wouldn't kill us. Maybe we'd just have seizures for the rest of our lives or something. No biggie. So much money was made off of us, to our detriment. It's the same thing with these flu shots, and cipro, and smallpox vaccines and whatever else is today's scare du jure. Then there's the bs depression/anxiety industry... Tons of money down your drain and into the coffers of pharme-nazis.

People would be SO much better off to eat healthy, exercise and get enough rest. The body is capable of not just taking care of itself, but amazing and impressive improvements. It just takes effort.

posted on Dec, 17 2003 @ 11:21 AM
link   
I just heard that Sars is popping up again...so they are urging people to get the flu shot because of Sars appearing in Taiwan.

posted on Dec, 17 2003 @ 11:29 AM
link   
I can understand the need for certain vaccines when going overseas, but I am highly skeptical of things such as SARS.. These viruses just mutate out of some monkey's arse in some jungle, hop a bird's wing and land here in Chicago and Toronto. Yeah right. And I'm a giraffe with a handle-bar mustache. That stuff doesn't come from out of nowhere. That's what Porten-Downe and Ft. Detrick are for.

My friend's going to Taiwain... She's a pro. She'll be fine, I'm sure...

posted on Dec, 17 2003 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Garon
I just heard that Sars is popping up again...so they are urging people to get the flu shot because of Sars appearing in Taiwan.

so in the usa they give people a flu-vaccin against
sars..where you all aware that sars is a complete different virus then the flu-virus ? This means that its not gonna work :]
Here in europe people who work with lots of other people, like doks themselfs for instance and elderly people are adviced to take a flu-shot.
A flu-shot is not bad, the substance people are talking about is a preservative, in your average bread theres more of it then in a flu-shot..i dont know if you all know what a flu-shot exactly is ?? and why it doesnt work sometimes, or does....well if yall bother just ask :]

[Edited on 17-12-2003 by jozuph]

posted on Dec, 17 2003 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Yes, SARS and flu are different. He just mentioned that SARS is reportedly coming back.

There was a dustup in the medical community last year about the effectiveness and use of last year's vaccine against this year's different, more dangerous strain. They basically said, you can take what we have leftover, but it probably won't help (paraphrasing). So, why even bother taking it if it won't kill the new strain? You're just making the pharme-nazis richer, to your detriment.

posted on Dec, 17 2003 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by jozuph
... in your average bread theres more of it then in a flu-shot...

I dont think there is much mercury in bread preservitives....probubly just a glob of MSG...

posted on Dec, 17 2003 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by smirkley

I dont think there is much mercury in bread preservitives....probubly just a glob of MSG...

i was using it not litt..your right theres no mercury in bread, in my old themometer there is
We use a lott of preservatives nowadays in all kind of things and with almost everything you can say that theres something bad about it..dont overlook the good sides, who are sometimes better...i smoke!

Indeed mercury can cause problems to the nervous system, specially with children. Thats why we use non-mercury containing preservatives..

Currently mercury can be present in pharmaceutical products even when it is not listed on the label or on the product information sheet. As can be seen in the table below, the mercury is usually introduced as a preservative.

Pharmaceutical Uses of Mercury

Product Notes
Merbromin/water solution
Used in plastic/reconstructive surgery as a disinfectant and marker
Ophthalmic and contact lens products
May contain mercury preservatives: thimerosal, phenylmercuric acetate, phenylmercuric nitrate
Nasal Sprays
May contain mercury preservatives: thimerosal, phenylmercuric acetate, phenylmercuric nitrate
Vaccines
May contain thimerosal (primarily in hemophilus, hepatitis, rabies, tetanus, influenza, diphtheria and pertussis vaccines)

Alternatives for mercury-containing pharmaceutical products
Be aware of changes in the pharmaceutical industry. In many cases, products with mercury-free preservatives are available, and additional alternatives are likely to be available in the near future. In the meantime, request mercury-free pharmaceutical supplies whenever possible. Ask your vendor to assist the hospital in selecting mercury-free products for the pharmacy

www.sustainablehospitals.org...

posted on Dec, 17 2003 @ 04:01 PM
link   
I know mercury has been mentioned as a preservative, but what about formaldehyde?

posted on Dec, 17 2003 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by smirkley

i was using it not litt..your right theres no mercury in bread, in my old themometer there is
We use a lott of preservatives nowadays in all kind of things and with almost everything you can say that theres something bad about it..dont overlook the good sides, who are sometimes better...i smoke!

Indeed mercury can cause problems to the nervous system, specially with children. Thats why we use non-mercury containing preservatives..

Currently mercury can be present in pharmaceutical products even when it is not listed on the label or on the product information sheet. As can be seen in the table below, the mercury is usually introduced as a preservative.

Pharmaceutical Uses of Mercury

Product Notes
Merbromin/water solution
Used in plastic/reconstructive surgery as a disinfectant and marker
Ophthalmic and contact lens products
Nasal Sprays
Vaccines
May contain thimerosal (primarily in hemophilus, hepatitis, rabies, tetanus, influenza, diphtheria and pertussis vaccines)

Alternatives for mercury-containing pharmaceutical products
Be aware of changes in the pharmaceutical industry. In many cases, products with mercury-free preservatives are available, and additional alternatives are likely to be available in the near future. In the meantime, request mercury-free pharmaceutical supplies whenever possible. Ask your vendor to assist the hospital in selecting mercury-free products for the pharmacy

www.sustainablehospitals.org...

Great post, Jozuph. Thanks for the info.

posted on Dec, 17 2003 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Yeah, its all really freaky. Feels worse for me, I think. I have my baby girl at home. Only 9 months old. She is fine, but I worry about what IF... I know the shot does not help much with the worst strain, but it still helps some. The microchip idea scares me too. Reminds me too much of a sign of the beast. This is all very stressfull.

posted on Dec, 17 2003 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by MountainStar
I know mercury has been mentioned as a preservative, but what about formaldehyde?

Same story, like i said there are preservatives everywhere and one is worst then the other. Formaldehyde bad for your brain and more, just google for it i dont know every symptom and like mostly its a matter of how much..too much is never good, with nothing :]]
heres some info on some bad thingz, go pick one...

www.commonsense-nutrition.com...

scepticalwatcher If i where you i would not let her have a flu-shot if shes healhty. Here its not normal to vaccinate children that age, and if you really have too then ask for what u want, a mercury, formaldehyde free vaccin for instance..'normally' you can check the excact ingredients yourself on the package..

posted on Dec, 17 2003 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Thanks, I believe you are right. It does not see right to vaccinate her if she is healthy. I will just have to pray she remains healthy! Thanks!

posted on Dec, 17 2003 @ 04:41 PM
link   
no problem, theres really no need for that if shes normal and healhty. Just a waste of money and well doing a bit of harm..dont forget pharmaceutical companys need to sell..u know how much money goes around in that world, loads..so they sell stuff u dont need, loads hence the money they get cause a lot of people fall for this..thats actually very sad but ok, i have to say that i think its fine u pray but i do hope you do more then that to protect your daughter, praying alone wont help
pz, joz

posted on Dec, 17 2003 @ 04:53 PM
link   

food does not, cannot, never will have the ability to, change your dna. sorry. however, using an engineered virus its possible to implant dna into a victim

I'm not too sure about your assertions that food cannot affect dna.

posted on Dec, 17 2003 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by THENEO

food does not, cannot, never will have the ability to, change your dna. sorry. however, using an engineered virus its possible to implant dna into a victim

I'm not too sure about your assertions that food cannot affect dna.

dot really know where i said that, or better i never said that because you are right, depends on the food he, and whats worse on what they put in the food..see above list, or look for preservatives in food using google..

posted on Dec, 18 2003 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by scepticalwatcher
Yeah, its all really freaky. Feels worse for me, I think. I have my baby girl at home. Only 9 months old. She is fine, but I worry about what IF... I know the shot does not help much with the worst strain, but it still helps some. The microchip idea scares me too. Reminds me too much of a sign of the beast. This is all very stressfull.

My brother has a 1 year-old daughter and they're going through the same thing. They're very skeptical of certain shots she may need. Hang in there and do some research. That's the best way to go about it. Talk to different doctors if you can. Take your research, her good health into consideration and consider the professional opinions. Shake it all out and you will make the right choice for your daughter. Don't just let them stick her because "they know best." You know best!

The thing that makes me nervous is for those who are under 30 - back when the government (U.S.) was talking about innoculating the population for smallpox (after 9-11) everyone under 30 (at the time) would be required by law to take the shot. Thank God I'm old! I missed that bullet by a handful of years. But my bro, sis-in-law and a lot of other people I know would HAVE to take it, or be shipped off to some quarentine area. (think concentration camp) Thankfully the people here said "you are out of your mind!" The government shelved the plan. At least for now. Too many bad side effects. The health care workers across America said, in effect, "this is bad business and we will not support it."

Then there are the micro-chips. The government and the company (Digital Applied Solutions) are selling it as a great way to keep track of your child. In that sense, yeah, it could be a good thing, in case you lose your kid, or if you're working in Bogota and you get kidnapped. Apart from that, I think it is a frightening concept. One reason I am opposed to being vaccinated is they have the technology to be able to inject a chip the size of a piece of rice into you - through a needle - without your knowledge. They can then track your movements henceforth. I don't know about you guys, but I'm completely opposed to that. Anytime I'm not talking on my cellphone I turn it off. They are homing devices, also. As to the question of the chips being the mark of the beast.. I believe it will fulfill that prophecy once the time is at hand and we are a cashless society. That will occur after our economy collapses.

(Note to believers: the scriptures say the church will have been raptured by that point - before the anti-christ is revealed - and the mark is imposed to buy, sell and trade.)

posted on Dec, 18 2003 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Yeah, I agree. The microchip idea freaks me out. I like keeping tabs on my own life. As for my daughter,we are going to keep doing what feels right. The flu is not widespread or severe in my state. Maybe because its so friggin' cold right know, plus, I'm not a big social person so my family is not in public a whole lot. Sometimes I wonder if its better to be removed from society and the general publc completely. Live on an island, I don't know...

posted on Dec, 18 2003 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by scepticalwatcher
Yeah, I agree. The microchip idea freaks me out. I like keeping tabs on my own life. As for my daughter,we are going to keep doing what feels right. The flu is not widespread or severe in my state. Maybe because its so friggin' cold right know, plus, I'm not a big social person so my family is not in public a whole lot. Sometimes I wonder if its better to be removed from society and the general publc completely. Live on an island, I don't know...

I'm all for the island part!

posted on Dec, 18 2003 @ 10:27 AM
link   
yeah you know, it just seems like a smart idea. Maybe the Canadian Wilderness. I hear the hunting/fishing is great there...

On second thought, I take that back. The hunting may be good, but know we have to worry about Chronic Waste Dissease. Man, even the meat is infected!

[Edited on 12-18-2003 by scepticalwatcher]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join