It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MORMONS?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2003 @ 01:27 PM
link   
What are your thoughts on this "strange" relativly new religion?

posted on Dec, 12 2003 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Does anyone have any informaton on this?

posted on Dec, 12 2003 @ 10:27 PM
link   
I really don't know much about mormons, but i heard they're stupid. It's like they took christianity and changed it or made up their own rules for it or something. I don't know. I'll check into it.

posted on Dec, 12 2003 @ 10:31 PM
link   
:Quote from south park: "dumb, ta dumb dumb dumb" amen

posted on Dec, 12 2003 @ 10:32 PM
link   
i have a lot of friends that are mormons.

posted on Dec, 12 2003 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Who are the Mormons?

www.roca.org...

Theologically, the Mormons' "gospel" is equally false. A close study of the Mormon belief-system shows it to be an amalgam of many heresies, although its doctrine of the Trinity appears to be unique.
They teach that Father, Son and Holy Spirit do not comprise one divine being in essence, but are actually three "gods," who have a highly developed, perfected human nature. God the Father is "Elohim," who has "a body of flesh and bones as tangible as man's" Smith: Doctrine and Covenant 130:22).
Brigham Young identifies God the Father as Adam, and Mormons teach that it was not through the indwelling of the Holy Spirit but through the physical union of this immortal Adam-God and the mortal Virgin Mary that God the Son, "Jehovah" or Jesus Christ, was born in the flesh.
He had earlier been begotten of the Father as a spirit, together with a multitude of spiritual beings who are all waiting to be born to earthly men in order that they might eventually become gods even as their "elder brother" Jesus Christ

posted on Dec, 12 2003 @ 11:06 PM
link   
The Mormons are a cult of Christianity.

Mormons are not monotheistic, here's a quote from Joesph Smith, their founder:
"In the beginning, the head of the Gods called a council of the Gods; and they came together and concocted a plan to create the world and people it".(Teachings of the prophet Joseph Smith, 349)

They believe that we to can become gods, and create our own creations:
"God himself was once as we are now, and is an exalted man. . . "(Teachings of the prophet Joseph Smith, 345)

Next time a Mormon comes to your door, just tell him that you had already washed your brain today.

posted on Dec, 12 2003 @ 11:08 PM
link   
when i opened this thread i thought it said MORONS...

well its Mormons so i guess i am wrong...

edit:

what is a mormon anyway...

a bike rider...

[Edited on 12-12-2003 by Russian]

posted on Dec, 14 2003 @ 11:49 AM
link   
We had a debate about this in an older thread:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

I explained how the Mormon Church is a total Masonic creation, how they use Masonic symbols and copy many of their rituals; and how they are totally racist.

ONE

[Edited on 14-12-2003 by Tamahu]

posted on Dec, 14 2003 @ 06:10 PM
link   
My wifes buddy is Morman, and says that her religion is almost like mine ( Sikhism)......Uhhhhhhhhh

I never knew anything about them, untill I read this, and the mass of you lot believe them to be a cult.
I'll agree with the lot of you.
Well her religion and my relgion are nothing alike.
I think she must have been confused or something.
Deep

posted on Dec, 14 2003 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Mormons believe that when a woman goes to heaven...they become eternally pregnant. Well.. to all you women out there...KUDOS!!...I wouldn't want to be.

posted on Dec, 14 2003 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Well my buddies wife had a kid, 8 months ago and still looks pregant

But thats between us...

Deep

posted on Dec, 14 2003 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Yup, good ol' Joe Smith liked Freemasonry and Christianity so much he merged them.

Like peanut butter and chocolate. Two things bad for you, even worse put together.

IMO (no offense)

posted on Dec, 14 2003 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by xenongod
Mormons believe that when a woman goes to heaven...they become eternally pregnant. Well.. to all you women out there...KUDOS!!...I wouldn't want to be.

I've never heard this and I've read all three of their "Holy" books.

They do believe in eternal marriage and that you can run your own solar System if your good enough in this life.

ONE

posted on Dec, 14 2003 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Wiat, wait, Mormon bashing, I'm in. I live in the heart of Mormon country, Utah. Everyone I know is Mormon. I can stand at any point in my town and hit a Mormon church with a rock. They're not bad people per se, there religious ideals are kinda wierd. I don't think I would go so far as to call the religion a cult, after all didn't every modern relgion start out as a cult?

Let's see, things Mormons have done to me:

Made it so I can't buy beer after 1a.m.

Moved all the titty bars to the outskirts of town

Control every politician in the state

For a while I couldn't buy beer on Sundays, that's changed though.

They're really not that bad i guess, just annoying.

posted on Dec, 15 2003 @ 12:37 AM
link   
Mormons wear a special kind of "holy " undergarments... some of them even think the garmet can prevent then from bodily harm...

posted on Dec, 15 2003 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Would those holy undergarments happen to be made from Silk?
Are they made by Victorias secret?
Deep

posted on Dec, 15 2003 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by NotTooHappy
For a while I couldn't buy beer on Sundays, that's changed though.

That used to REALLY yank my chain when I was more of a 'witnessing atheist' type. I would raise hell in grocery stores. Why can't Atheists buy beer on Sunday?

It really is messed up. The ACLU has done alot of good regarding the modification of blue laws.

Yes, I know they're evil though. Blah.

posted on Dec, 15 2003 @ 12:50 AM
link   
I still dont get why they are evil.
Does anyone have any links to their so called Evil ways?
Deep

posted on Dec, 15 2003 @ 01:05 AM
link   
Hello all,

While I haven't been to church in quite some time, I was in fact raised as a "Mormon".
It's ironic that the slogan of this website is "deny ignorance", when in fact, it seems a number of you are actually quite wrong in all your assumptions and interpretations.

I'm no expert, but I see it very sad to see this kind of ignorance and shameless bias run rampant throughout society. I can wager I know far more about the religion that anyone here can claim.

If you're really curious, please ask me any question that comes to mind, and I'll do my best to answer.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join