It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Germans fed up with war legacy with Jews

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2003 @ 04:50 PM
link   
The ones that claim that they are Jews aren't real Jews. It mentioned something about this in the Bible.

posted on Dec, 12 2003 @ 04:55 PM
link   
You're missing a key phrase in that, which is "but." The ones who claimed they were jews, but aren't jews. And if it's from the passage I'm thinking of (but can't remember what the book/chapter/verse is, sorry!) it's refering to the israelites who call themselves Jews, but they don't practice what God preached.

posted on Dec, 12 2003 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Paperclip has got a good point, there can be biasness in the survey itself, you can't really take the answer for granted until you see the questions that generated them.

I would imagine a university (Bielefeld University ) would have very good structures in place to protect against biasness.

However if the sample is random, and all the non responses are taken into account, and the questions are neutrally phrased, you CAN get an accurate reflection of an 80 million pop

I would expext that this is an accurate reflection of the population.

Originally posted by paperclip
You know, all those people who make these surveys and statistics should mention that to get 3,000 people to answer to their questions about 20,000 have said "i dont give a #", thats the major answer here, " i simply dont give a #".
There is a certain increase of hatred towards foreigners in western europe, thats true. But most of the people dont care about it. Its just that those neo-nazis scream very loud and are very eager to answer to these surveys.
So, to say that 60% of germans dont like muslims, jews, whatever is crap and those people conducting surveys should be shot on sight, they might cause some real problems. :bnghd:

Also, on the issue of Holocaust, I too agree that it is time to stop blaming people of today for sins of their fathers.

posted on Dec, 12 2003 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by junglejake
You're missing a key phrase in that, which is "but." The ones who claimed they were jews, but aren't jews. And if it's from the passage I'm thinking of (but can't remember what the book/chapter/verse is, sorry!) it's refering to the israelites who call themselves Jews, but they don't practice what God preached.

I never saw the phrase "practiced what God preached" in that passage. In fact, it goes on to talk about synagogues.

When Maddona brought this up in a song, the entire Jewish community was up in arms. In fact, every one was up in arms when she characterized Jesus as black in the video "Like A Prayer."

Wonder why?

But, Madonna has the money to find out whatever answer she's looking for tho.

[Edited on 12-12-2003 by Colonel]

posted on Dec, 13 2003 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Colonel
I think blacks, Native Americans, and hispanics are the real Jews.

I think you'd like to think that.

You can't keep in touch with reality on a thing, can you?

The illogical anti-Jew mentality is on the rise across Europe again. Why do you think Germany would be left out?
There are Jews here that are anti-Semitic, they are the liberal Jews; the ones you'll find in the media, entertainment and government. They paint Israel to be the bad guy and the poor "Palestinians" as the good guys, and they want Israel to do certain things that are serious security blunders for the little nation.
But, there are Jews right there in Israel that are the same way. I can't figure it out. But then again, I can't figure out why the typical filthy, stupid, un-American, un-Constitutional dirtbag liberal wants to destroy the U.S., the nation that gave'em the liberty to be as stupid as they want to be in the first place.

posted on Dec, 13 2003 @ 09:42 AM
link   
If you want to know about anti jewish feelings and why they are hated, read the book The Chosen by Chaim Potok. Its a brilliant piece about 2 jewish boys in america during the end of WWII. It deals alot with Jewish history and the different sects of jews and why even jews hate each other. Excellent read

posted on Dec, 13 2003 @ 11:02 AM
link   
First of, there is no Jewish religion anyway, so how can their be a Jew?

That's another topic (hit me up if you want to discuss that more).

But for now, I'd say that no one cares much for the Jews, mainly in part to the formation of Isreal and the repercusions worldwide (with the idiotic support of the U.S. etc).

The media wants people to believe in the rise of Anti-Jewish sediment. It comes down to the days in America where you can not be Pro on the "Securing the bornders" issue and NOT be Anti-Latino. You can't say a bad thing about a Jew (religious based or not), without being Anti-Jew

It's rediculous.

posted on Dec, 14 2003 @ 04:10 PM
link   
I can understand what the article is saying. I take German in High School from a native German and she hardly ever talks about WWII espicailly Nazism. It's just never brought up. I admit I wanted to take German to learn more about WWII but I have learned everything but that time period. I also have a friend whose grandparents are German and she says it's really offensive for someone to call a German a Nazi.

posted on Dec, 14 2003 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Almost 70% of Germans say they are annoyed at being held responsible for the Holocaust and many believe Jews use Germany's Nazi past to their advantage, a survey showed yesterday.

The survey by Bielefeld University showed 69.9% were irritated at still being held responsible today for crimes against Jews.

A quarter of 3,000 people surveyed also agreed with the statement: "Many Jews try to use Germany's Third Reich past to their advantage and want to make Germans pay for it." A further 30% said there was "some truth" to the statement.

Almost two-thirds said they believed too many foreigners live in Germany, while 30% said foreigners should be sent home when jobs are scarce.
www.guardian.co.uk...

Germans are getting fed up, rightly so?

Well, i get kinda fed up with the slavery chip. I shouldn't be blamed for what happened almost 200 years ago. The jews don't hate the egyptians anymore...

posted on Dec, 14 2003 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by junglejake

I never saw the phrase "practiced what God preached" in that passage. In fact, it goes on to talk about synagogues.

When Maddona brought this up in a song, the entire Jewish community was up in arms. In fact, every one was up in arms when she characterized Jesus as black in the video "Like A Prayer."

Wonder why?

But, Madonna has the money to find out whatever answer she's looking for tho.

[Edited on 12-12-2003 by Colonel]

I'm curious...would you define "Jew"?

posted on Dec, 14 2003 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Almost 70% of Germans say they are annoyed at being held responsible for the Holocaust and many believe Jews use Germany's Nazi past to their advantage, a survey showed yesterday.

The survey by Bielefeld University showed 69.9% were irritated at still being held responsible today for crimes against Jews.

A quarter of 3,000 people surveyed also agreed with the statement: "Many Jews try to use Germany's Third Reich past to their advantage and want to make Germans pay for it." A further 30% said there was "some truth" to the statement.

Almost two-thirds said they believed too many foreigners live in Germany, while 30% said foreigners should be sent home when jobs are scarce.
www.guardian.co.uk...

Germans are getting fed up, rightly so?

Damn!!! Twice in 1 week I have to agree with the Colonel...
This is scary....

posted on Dec, 14 2003 @ 11:42 PM
link   

The ones that claim that they are Jews aren't real Jews. It mentioned something about this in the Bible.

For someone who is unread in verse, this seems unseemly.

What do you know about Jewry?? You do not know a thing.

Do you really know any Jews??

I do.
You are following along a dangerous path. Feel the heat yet?

posted on Dec, 15 2003 @ 06:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tyriffic

For someone who is unread in verse, this seems unseemly.

What do you know about Jewry?? You do not know a thing.

Do you really know any Jews??

I do.
You are following along a dangerous path. Feel the heat yet?

Lay off the Oxycotin ok?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join