It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Germans fed up with war legacy with Jews

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2003 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Almost 70% of Germans say they are annoyed at being held responsible for the Holocaust and many believe Jews use Germany's Nazi past to their advantage, a survey showed yesterday.

The survey by Bielefeld University showed 69.9% were irritated at still being held responsible today for crimes against Jews.

A quarter of 3,000 people surveyed also agreed with the statement: "Many Jews try to use Germany's Third Reich past to their advantage and want to make Germans pay for it." A further 30% said there was "some truth" to the statement.

Almost two-thirds said they believed too many foreigners live in Germany, while 30% said foreigners should be sent home when jobs are scarce.
www.guardian.co.uk...

Germans are getting fed up, rightly so?

posted on Dec, 12 2003 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Colonel
Almost two-thirds said they believed too many foreigners live in Germany, while 30% said foreigners should be sent home when jobs are scarce.
www.guardian.co.uk...

It sounds like Germany is back on the road to nazism, if the poll was done correctly. Too many foriegners? If an article came out like that in the US, it would be reported with great sorrow, because if 30% of us were involved in hate groups...yikes...

posted on Dec, 12 2003 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Jake's got it, considering that there are only 5-8% of foreigners in Germany the xenophobia is well on the rise.

posted on Dec, 12 2003 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Do you blame them? I don't. If my grandparents were killed by some psycos, I'd be pissed off too.....STILL.

Slavery and Blacks are still a big issue (every heard of reparations?)

At least there are some people still alive that lived through/in/around it still.

On the other hand, I can understand the germans who said their annoyed. I'd be annoyed too if someone blamed me for slavery. I'd be like "whoa, my family wasn't even in this country for that"

posted on Dec, 12 2003 @ 01:27 PM
link   
man, I replied before I read the link. I just went on what Colonel wrote...I didn't get to see this part:

Endorsing the survey, the German parliamentary president, Wolfgang Thierse, said he understood why so many people wanted to shed guilt for what happened before they were born. He said the survey did not prove there was widespread anti-Jewish sentiment.

The authors of the survey said they found that Germans who were worried about security threats and losing their jobs had become more hostile to Jews, Muslims, and immigrants.

Ok, first this survey was endorsed by the president, who says it makes sense. I can't imaging GW being handed a survey of the KKK and saying "Well, I understand where they're coming from"

Second, the prez says he doesn't think it shows a rise in anti-semitism...but the paragraph below shows exactly that. They want to kick out the Jews, Musslims, and immigrants if there aren't enough jobs for Germans? Aren't the Jews and Muslims german, too, or are they lesser germans?

posted on Dec, 12 2003 @ 01:27 PM
link   
The anti-semitic vibe is on the rise just about everywhere excpt for America.

posted on Dec, 12 2003 @ 01:39 PM
link   
There some aspect of passive rebellion still prevalent in the German psyche stemming from the Allies occupation, restruction of the education (or re-education) system and arbitrary divison between Cold Warring Parents.

I've had German professors and met otherwise reputable German business reps that would make absolutely CHILLING jokes about concentration camps and the holocost and Nazi 'pride'.

One professor I 'called on it' very thoughtfully said it's a form of self defense mechanism - How long can you hear how evil you are, before your own sense of self worth forces ridiculous justifications to emerge. His rationale - "Our fathers and Grandfathers were Nazis, they almost took over the world TWICE... there's some warped pride to be found in that concept, when you're a humiliated, occupied culture."

Still. Holocost jokes??? Bad professor, bad.

posted on Dec, 12 2003 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by OXmanK
The anti-semitic vibe is on the rise just about everywhere excpt for America.

It's also not on the rise in Isreal.

The reason for all of the you're evil and re-education was because it was the people's only hope. If they continued to think of the Jew as the root of all evil, they never would have had a hope of becoming a civilized society.

posted on Dec, 12 2003 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Good point, but on the other hand I have met quite a lot of young Germans who are very sensitive to the issue and feel the weight of the guilt of their fathers.

I would thnk that the incorporation of Eastern Germany into Germany has raised these isues more. The East germans are far more xenophobic because of their closed society than the West Germans.

Also, unlike many western societies Germanay has a very strong social culture, and anyone who is different stands out and is noticed more. Which makes them more of a target for disgruntled people than in England, America etc.

posted on Dec, 12 2003 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by junglejake

Yeah, that would be great. Anti-semitic Jews...

posted on Dec, 12 2003 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by OXmanK

Yeah, that would be great. Anti-semitic Jews...

actually, we a few "anti-semetic jews" here in israel too
:bnghd:

posted on Dec, 12 2003 @ 02:10 PM
link   

The reason for all of the you're evil and re-education was because it was the people's only hope. If they continued to think of the Jew as the root of all evil, they never would have had a hope of becoming a civilized society.

That last sentence I think exeplifies the reason for backlash. "We're not civilized??? Barbarians you say? We'll show you barbarians"

And the like. We're doing the same thing to Islam right now in ways. Why would anyone want to tie a strictly dualistic choice on semetic views (anti or pro) to occupied Germany or Islamic nations? It's a recipe for disaster saying you're either "With us or against us"... what about a third option?

"Leave my people out of it!"

posted on Dec, 12 2003 @ 02:23 PM
link   
If I was a German I'd be sick of it too, I'd would say NAME 1 Jew I killed.

Wars happen, ww2 was fought by what... 2 generation perhaps 3 generations back?

change happens, but there are always those who wish to bring up the past to their advantage.

I despise affirmative action, I never owned a slave wtf should I suffer?
Why don't I get 20 extra credits for going to college?
It's because I am a white male.

I think I am fairly stupid therefor give me my free credits.

posted on Dec, 12 2003 @ 03:11 PM
link   
No kidding...

Look, no way that a dime of my money is going to pay "reparations" to those who never had to suffer slavery....that's just insane... If there were still some slaves around, that'd be a different story...but there aren't... Even still, it's not like I, nor my father, hell...not even my father's father had anything to do with it...so where would be the justification for it?

Sorry to get off on the tangent for a bit.... I'm all for equal rights, but when "special" rights are involved, it only further segregates....

posted on Dec, 12 2003 @ 03:23 PM
link   
You know, all those people who make these surveys and statistics should mention that to get 3,000 people to answer to their questions about 20,000 have said "i dont give a #", thats the major answer here, " i simply dont give a #".
There is a certain increase of hatred towards foreigners in western europe, thats true. But most of the people dont care about it. Its just that those neo-nazis scream very loud and are very eager to answer to these surveys.
So, to say that 60% of germans dont like muslims, jews, whatever is crap and those people conducting surveys should be shot on sight, they might cause some real problems. :bnghd:

Also, on the issue of Holocaust, I too agree that it is time to stop blaming people of today for sins of their fathers.

posted on Dec, 12 2003 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Gazrok, there are a lot of reasons to give reparations, which I will NOT go into here.

I don't want to taint the topic.

I might open a new one so I can illuminate this tangent.

posted on Dec, 12 2003 @ 04:11 PM
link   
The ones that I�m sick with are the one that weren't part of the Holocaust or any other event in history that take advantage of whatever the one that suffered get. Why should you get advantages if you were never part of it. For example when black Americans were trying to get money for what the white man did to slaves. Now if it was a slaves that wanted the money then they should get it.

Stop trying to make your life better by using the pain of others.

posted on Dec, 12 2003 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by KrazyJethro
Do you blame them? I don't. If my grandparents were killed by some psycos, I'd be pissed off too.....STILL.

At least there are some people still alive that lived through/in/around it still.

On the other hand, I can understand the germans who said their annoyed. I'd be annoyed too if someone blamed me for slavery. I'd be like "whoa, my family wasn't even in this country for that"

you are somehow related to the jewish blood-line?
the last time i saw a black man walking down these streets was 3 weeks ago, and i havent seen him since..does that help?
the U.S is a horror to all other countries surveying it's frantic state, a country ruled by whites, was and will be..no matter how you look at it:shk:
sorry if i sound racist, you dont know if i am, but u can take my word for it that i'm not.
i think germany's following on the right path, their economy needs a rise already!! so does the ukraine's..
why dont i blame you guys for the 2million soldiers killed during hitler's rampage coz the U.S was too pussy to interfere till the # hit the fan BIGTIME, coz it's over and done with, the past should be left behind...tell that to the jewish fools who hold any1 responsible for a monotesticular maniac's actions

advice: try both sides of the argument in your head first, THEN you may go on adding oppinion to the matter

no offense meant to any1 with this post,
Cyrus

posted on Dec, 12 2003 @ 04:43 PM
link   
I think blacks, Native Americans, and hispanics are the real Jews.

posted on Dec, 12 2003 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Colonel
I think blacks, Native Americans, and hispanics are the real Jews.

I don't think I understand where you're coming from with that statement...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join